Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script and learn how we store data in our programs Module 2: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 3: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and discover how we make decisions in our code Module 4: Get and use player input in your Unity games Module 5: Complete final peer review and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

MM
Jul 29, 2020

The instructor extremely enthusiastic and passion which is really rare to see but amazing. Thank you so much for teaching this course it really helped to kick start my interest in game development :)

JT
Jan 17, 2020

Very good instructor walks you through every step and then has assignments for you to do on your own to practice your coding skills. Emphasizes using documentation and practicing fundamentals.

476 - 496 of 496 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By BISHAL C

May 1, 2020

Nice

By Siddhant G

May 1, 2020

good

By Jordi J

Jul 17, 2018

It is a nice and interesting course to get started in C# and Unity, although in my opinion the last programming assignment should be remade because it does not make a lot of sense to have an assigment that requires a step by step guide to implement as the last assignement in the course.I would say that the contents of the course don´t quite prepare you for that las assignment, and therefore it kind of takes away a little bit of the achievement feeling for completing the course. Lectures are concise and to the point, which is a good thing. Overall, nice, but with room for improvement.

By Riccardo G

Jan 21, 2021

I haven't done yet the successive courses, however, this course alone is pretty useless in my opinion. It goes fast on some very important concepts of both C# programming and Unity, as object oriented programming. I think that for people new to programming this must result very difficult. However, most of the concepts explained are clear enough and it gives a quick start if someone wants to approach Unity fast.

I think it deserve a try to evaluate if it suits each one needs and knowledge.

By Manon P

Apr 25, 2021

I learned a lot following this course, but would not have been able to get through it without my husband to help me. I felt like some big knowledge leaps where made even though the course is supposed to be written/made for absolute beginners. The knowledge I do have after finishing however will be super useful as I start trying to program more games.

By Leonardo M

Jan 3, 2021

Overall the course does a decent job of presenting programming principles in a simple way, but sometimes too simple. It feels like content was purposely cut out to avoid "scaring off" learners. Some assignments were poorly explained, and (as usual in Coursera) outdated, resulting in considerable time wasted.

By Amir H

May 3, 2020

A little outdated since MonoDevelop is now completely deprecated with the current version of Unity as well as Visual Studio being in the 2019 build instead of 2017.

By Fernando G

Aug 30, 2018

Course was interesting and information useful but course projects were not the most compelling or engaging. Game projects excessively traditional.

By George M

Apr 27, 2021

It is a good introduction, yet it could contain more topics to feel like a complete course.

By A V

May 10, 2021

At first, it was very well explained but after halfway through week 3 it gets too fast

Oct 1, 2020

This course is good. But it is difficult for me.

By Ajay S P

Aug 18, 2020

Could be more detailed....

By Nour M

Sep 22, 2020

Try to learn code more

Apr 25, 2020

+/-

By Meghan J

Mar 15, 2020

Absolutely awful. Take course through Unity instead. I have tried to cancel my subscription three times and Coursera will not process my cancelation so I have been charged THREE months without any recourse. I absolutely HATE Coursera.

By Praful G

Feb 5, 2020

it would have been great if week 1 had included how to install unity ,visual studio, monodevelop videos so that it will be easier for student to dont waste time around web and search everything

By Luis f

Jul 25, 2020

I don´t like the course, it´s demonstrative inefficiency

By Jeremy F W

Mar 25, 2021

would give it 0 starts 'twere it an option

Feb 2, 2020

You have errors on the page .

By Hesham M S A