Back to Introduction to Psychology

Introduction to Psychology , Yale University

About this Course

What are people most afraid of? What do our dreams mean? Are we natural-born racists? What makes us happy? What are the causes and cures of mental illness? This course tries to answer these questions and many others, providing a comprehensive overview of the scientific study of thought and behavior. It explores topics such as perception, communication, learning, memory, decision-making, persuasion, emotions, and social behavior. We will look at how these aspects of the mind develop in children, how they differ across people, how they are wired-up in the brain, and how they break down due to illness and injury....

By SM

Jan 02, 2019

This is very basic course on pshchology but I enjoy studying it for personal reason. I think many learners will take advantages of this course for whatever field of studay and work they are doing.

By AA

Jan 26, 2019

I enjoyed this course a lot and prof. Bloom is very easy to follow. Being that I have done my studies on psychology in another language it was very important for me to take this course in English.

158 Reviews

By Romy Vurden

Apr 23, 2019

I found the course to be very informative. It was a great way to be introduced to Psychology,especially if you know very little about the subject. I always thought that Psychology was mainly about Mental Illness, but it is way more than that. I enjoyed the fact that the professor was in Avatar form. That and the artistry around it was really cool and helped me to remember detail of the course.

By Selva Lakshmi

Apr 23, 2019

O

I

t

By Meeta Arora

Apr 22, 2019

Professor Bloom is just great! It has been a sheer delight and honor taking this course. Increased my interest in Psychology by leaps and bounds.

Thank you very much Professor Bloom for your precious time and insights.

It has been a thorough delight and enlightening coursework. I enjoyed the course so much that I wish and hope that I could work with Professor Bloom on some project, some day, hopefully.

Thanks & Regards,

Meeta Arora

India.

(aromeeta@gmail.com)

Thank you Course Era for this wonderful opportunity. I am sincerely grateful.

By Nadia

Apr 22, 2019

This was probably one of the most interesting, interactive and fun course I have ever had. The animations make every lesson fun and much much clearer than they would have been if it was just professor Bloom speaking in front of the cameras with a bunch of slides on the side. I recommend it HIGHLY! Thank you Professor Bloom for the lightness of the tone, the striking examples and the NBA free references!! And thank you dear Illustrator for such a beautifully executed work!

By Laura Vissaritis

Apr 22, 2019

I loved taking this course. I enrolled in this course because of Prof Bloom, after coming across his work a couple of years ago. I even referenced him in a book I wrote, called dognitive therapy. I am an animal behaviourist and discussed cognitive vs emotional empathy in my book. Thank you for such a wonderful course. And, hi to Professor Bloom! :)

By Aditi Dattatrey

Apr 21, 2019

Really enjoyed the course. The topics the pace and the assessments were all brilliant. I wish if there was a next level course to continue to learnings.

By Rachel Pearce

Apr 21, 2019

Fascinating and well paced introduction. Many thanks!

By Jaison Cook

Apr 20, 2019

A most captivating lecture series. I would do it again. There is a lot to digest but the nobaproject links help with that.

By Andrew White

Apr 16, 2019

This course was fantastic. Super engaging Professor and fantastic illustrations to help convey key concepts. If you are looking for an accessible introduction to Psychology I strongly recommend this course.

By Pradeep Suryanarayan

Apr 16, 2019

A very useful course for those interested to learn about the working of a human mind, social interactions, mental health, child psychology, differences among people's thought, behavior, attitude, feelings etc....Must do course!!....