Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by Yale University

193 reviews

What are people most afraid of? What do our dreams mean? Are we natural-born racists? What makes us happy? What are the causes and cures of mental illness? This course tries to answer these questions and many others, providing a comprehensive overview of the scientific study of thought and behavior. It explores topics such as perception, communication, learning, memory, decision-making, persuasion, emotions, and social behavior. We will look at how these aspects of the mind develop in children, how they differ across people, how they are wired-up in the brain, and how they break down due to illness and injury....

SM

Jan 02, 2019

This is very basic course on pshchology but I enjoy studying it for personal reason. I think many learners will take advantages of this course for whatever field of studay and work they are doing.

AA

Jan 26, 2019

I enjoyed this course a lot and prof. Bloom is very easy to follow. Being that I have done my studies on psychology in another language it was very important for me to take this course in English.

1 - 25 of 207 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Saar B

Dec 12, 2018

I've tried taking many courses on psychology, this is so clearly explained and well structured that it makes all those other courses seem ridiculous. Excellent.

By Christopher H

Nov 21, 2018

Dr Bloom is a very engaging teacher! His YouTube videos and TED talks embedded in the videos are really engaging! A definite recommend for anyone interested in psychology.

By Callen H

Mar 02, 2019

This is one of the highest quality online courses I have taken. The lectures were clear, well paced, and engaging. The readings complement the lectures and go into more detail with plenty of references to learn more. After taking this, I feed like I have a solid foundation in psychology that will support more advanced courses. Thank you!

By Catherine Z

Feb 27, 2019

The lectures are interesting. The animation is fun and not overwhelming. The quizzes are challenging but not unreasonable.

By Javier A

Dec 16, 2018

Excellent course, challenging concepts well explained, clear and rich in detail.

By Gregor V

May 18, 2019

I adore how 90% of material in this course is in video form and the professor is amazing! I love this course and the way it is presented and how playful but at the same time serious it is. Thank you for this oportunity to learn.

By Anurag B

May 06, 2019

The instructor has followed a unique approach. All the videos with respect to the experiments & interviews conducted makes the course more interesting. Very satisfied with the instructor's approach and his knowledge regarding the subject.

By Cori M

May 05, 2019

Well organized and presented in an engaging, interesting manner. Would recommend.

By Laureen S

Feb 11, 2019

This course has provided me a thorough basic understanding of psychology, packaged in an engaging and user-friendly manners in terms of topics and their presentations. The layout of the course is very well put and motivating. Excellent references and very nice lecture-like videos. Professor Bloom and his team are exceptional.

By Sophie Z

Feb 10, 2019

Very education and highly engaging. The unique animated lecture style was an absolute pleasure to watch, encouraging me to work far ahead of schedule just so I could keep on watching. Concepts were easy to understand and very well explained, paired with numerous examples and case studies that deepened my understanding of the material. All that, paired with the absolutely marvelous lecture style of the professor, meant that this was hands-down one of my favourite courses on the site.

By Ellie H

Feb 07, 2019

Great introductory class covering a wide range of topics. Videos are engaging and the modules build on each other logically and are easy to follow. I appreciated being able to reset deadlines and work at my own pace. Highly recommended course for anyone with a passing interest in this field. Thanks Coursera & Professor Bloom!

By Ted S

Dec 20, 2018

Very much enjoyed. Learned a lot. I think a good foundation for psychology. Great teacher with awesome accent.

By Elisa A

Dec 19, 2018

Lovely course if you want an overview of the field.

By Jacquelin B

Dec 10, 2018

I am so sorry to say that the "animation" makes this course impossible to get through.

Imagine your lecturer but without eye contact, without body language or the slow pacing across the front of the room, without the subtle human connection we take for granted. Instead he is replaced by the same 5 drawings repeated ad nauseum against the same stagnant background. Add some literal nausea by slowly zooming in and out for no reason and some obnoxious sound effects to drown out the speaker which in no way improves the his otherwise calm and deliberate lecture style.

I've taken a couple classes with Coursera, including a Paul Bloom Course I enjoyed immensely. This the first course I've spent money on. I deeply regret not watching a couple videos before purchasing the course.

By PRACHI B

Jun 17, 2019

The professor is quite engaging and the quality of videos is good. Very easy to understand as the concepts are well explained. Satisfactory course to gain knowledge.

By Constantin O

Jun 16, 2019

Excellent presentation, really engaging course. Will make you want to know more, will make you ask new questions while giving answers to some. The tests are not hard, they are just meant to make sure you really understand the things presented.

By kornjeera p

Jun 15, 2019

easy and gonna be fun for learning

By Alfred M

Jun 14, 2019

very good course, thank you!

By Salaheddin A

Jun 13, 2019

Excellent course.

By Steven A

Jun 11, 2019

Great course

By Vaughan W

Jun 10, 2019

Fantastic course that makes me wish I'd taken it as an undergrad 25 years ago.

By Robert B S M

Jun 09, 2019

This has to be the best Introduction to Psychology course ever!

By Luba D

Jun 08, 2019

Great comprehensive course, entertaining instructor!

By Abbey J

Jun 05, 2019

Such an amazing course. I have already recommended it to others! I am sad that it's over! Hopefully Yale Psychology and Professor Bloom teaches another online course sometime soon. He was really a wonderful professor and the material was GREAT!

By Meenakshi S K

Jun 04, 2019

A well organized course, with amazing material and content. The professor carries the lectures in such a manner that intrigues us and makes us want to know more. The best part is the additional readings at the end of each lecture which give us more useful information that is relevant and understandable. This course is good for anyone who is interested and willing to know about the basics of Psychology. Big thanks to Professor Bloom and the team at Yale University for this really good course.