Back to Introduction to Data Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Data Engineering by IBM

This course introduces you to the core concepts, processes, and tools you need to know in order to get a foundational knowledge of data engineering. You will gain an understanding of the modern data ecosystem and the role Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts play in this ecosystem. The Data Engineering Ecosystem includes several different components. It includes disparate data types, formats, and sources of data. Data Pipelines gather data from multiple sources, transform it into analytics-ready data, and make it available to data consumers for analytics and decision-making. Data repositories, such as relational and non-relational databases, data warehouses, data marts, data lakes, and big data stores process and store this data. Data Integration Platforms combine disparate data into a unified view for the data consumers. You will learn about each of these components in this course. You will also learn about Big Data and the use of some of the Big Data processing tools. A typical Data Engineering lifecycle includes architecting data platforms, designing data stores, and gathering, importing, wrangling, querying, and analyzing data. It also includes performance monitoring and finetuning to ensure systems are performing at optimal levels. In this course, you will learn about the data engineering lifecycle. You will also learn about security, governance, and compliance. Data Engineering is recognized as one of the fastest-growing fields today. The career opportunities available in the field and the different paths you can take to enter this field are discussed in the course. The course also includes hands-on labs that guide you to create your IBM Cloud Lite account, provision a database instance, load data into the database instance, and perform some basic querying operations that help you understand your dataset....

OL
Oct 12, 2021

I am currently studying Chemical Engineering. However, after going for industry training as a data analyst, I decided to venture more in this direction and I really learn a lot from this course.

AR
Sep 25, 2021

I felt the course was the perfect introduction for someone like me that has been on the sales side of most software. I feel that it wasnt ovewhelming at all, and I mostly enjoyed the labs.

1 - 25 of 123 Reviews for Introduction to Data Engineering

By Saúl L

Jun 16, 2021

Although, It's an introductory curse, the concepts to provides are pretty helpful to know all the data ecosystem, specially the different positions around Data Science. I love the concept to show at the beginning, something like that: "Data Engineer is in charge of the data quality"

Also, involves security, governance and regulatory constrictions. That's why it so demanding about knowledge in tech, methodologies and math.

By Raúl A S L

Oct 17, 2021

Es un gran curso, muy informativo. Ahora tengo muy claro que es Data Engineering.

By Lanny R J

Mar 11, 2021

This course was very easy to follow and learn. The pace was just right and the material was very helpful.

By Muhammad F R

Jan 9, 2022

Feeling lucky and blessed to have the opportunity to take this course. This course gave me an overview about Data Engineering. Before taking this course I was wondering what is the difference between DBA, Data Engineer and Data Scientist. Respected Sir Rav Ahuja, Sir Ramesh Sannareddy, and other mentors explained everything beautifully. Now I have a clear overview and a road map for this exciting journey towards becoming a Professional Data Engineer. Thank you :)

By Govardhan V

Apr 17, 2021

Course is awesome to understand who are already working or who wish to jumpstart their career path in Data Engineering domain to make their decision about 1) which data repository should they used, 2) what kind of data store should be , 3) how to select the their production databased based on their need. Systematic, clean, neat and step by step approach make us easy to learn and remember key artifacts too.

By Blake G

Mar 29, 2021

I'm transitioning into a tech career and have found this course helpful. Part of me wants to jump ahead to the other courses in the specialization but I have been learning more about the basics which is good. I'm also only on week 2 so I would imagine the knowledge gets more in-depth in the following "weeks"

I finished this class in one week and I am excited to dive into the python courses.

By Jide

Sep 19, 2021

Without mincing words, this course was supported with a simple but detailed, easy-to-understand explanation of concepts and laid the proper introduction to Data Engineering. The real-life examples/scenarios from the instructors were good! The journey is worth it, no turning back! Thank you.

By Jerson E L A

Jan 11, 2022

T​he content for this introduction to data data engineering is very complete. It aims to get important notions about the data engineering field at the same time that allows to unterstand the difference and relationship between "data engineering", "data science" and "business intelligence".

By Thanh-Long N

Oct 18, 2021

I​t's a very good introduction course about data engineering as it covers well all basic aspects and perspectives of the domain. The presentations are good though not very rich materials. It would be much better if there were more hands-on exercises (the existing ones are too basic)

By Estifanos B M

Oct 28, 2021

A simple yet a foundational introduction to Data and how you can maipulate it. I would say anyone with the interest of pursuing data related career takes this course as it explains the basic surrounding of data.

By ONG H L / U

Oct 12, 2021

By Albert R

Sep 26, 2021

By Marc-André G

Dec 30, 2021

This course was a really helpful introduction on the subject, but according to me, the subsequent courses for the path of Data engineering is not as narrowed as this one on the field.

By Dan F

Oct 20, 2021

T​his course was well made and informative. I went in knowing little about data engineering and now I have a much better understanding of what data engineering is all about.

By Hà N H T

Aug 1, 2021

Rất tốt. Cảm ơn banh đã tạo ra khóa học này. Nó giúp tôi hiểu được một số khái niệm của nghành data engineer cũng như nghe lời khuyên của các chuyên gia rất thiết thực.

By Brittainy H

Jan 20, 2022

Very informative and I like the usage of the IBM DB2 services as hands on labs. Although the instructions could use an update, the experience using the tool is great.

By Jeong H K

Jan 8, 2022

Good class for beginners to build up basic knowledges and backgrounds in Data Engineering. Highly recommend for people to be a data engineer, scientist, and analyst.

By Amin U

Oct 18, 2021

Very thoughtful and insightful course, great content. Thanks IBM and Team for sharing your wisdom. And Coursera is amazing to make learning integrity secured.

By Jefferson C

Oct 11, 2021

Curso que possibilita uma sólida base de conhecimento sobre engenharia de dados, muito valioso os pontos de vista dos profissionais que atuam na área.

By Roxanne E B

Oct 13, 2021

This course was so much fun to take. It gives a good overview about what data engineering is and the different paths that one can have in this field.

By Paola C T

Jun 5, 2021

This is a really nice course. The material is really good and there are videos of professional talking about their own experience. I learn a lot!

By Vũ L

Nov 11, 2021

T​his help me clearly mind map to be become Data Engineering. Make me more understand than about some tools, technique in data specilist

By Patrick H

Sep 6, 2021

Very good background material for becoming a Data Engineer. It provides some of the things Data Engineers do and what they should know.

By Pam G

Jan 5, 2022

Really good class! I didn't know what Data Engineering was, but now I have a passion for it after learning about it in this course!

By Anirudh S

Mar 4, 2021

Very informative and well structured course. I recommend this course for every person who aspires to become a Data Engineer :)