Back to Introduction to Korean Philosophy and Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Korean Philosophy and Culture by Sungkyunkwan University

This course will give you the cultural and historical background to begin your journey into Korean philosophy, and there is no prerequisite knowledge on philosophy required. Anybody who either has an interest in Korean culture, maybe through K-Dramas or K-pop, or an interest in philosophy from a cross-cultural perspective, are all welcome. Despite the growing interest in Korean culture, there are few courses which explore the fascinating topic of Korean philosophy. On this course, you’ll be introduced to concepts in Korean philosophy through an exploration of the Korean language, culture and perspective. The Korean cultural, social, and political environment has informed and transformed the intellectual assets of China and the West. You’ll explore the creative tensions that Koreans have experienced, and broaden your worldview as you discover a new philosophical approach....

AA

Mar 14, 2022

it was great and I leare alot of novel concepts and get insight into korean cukture and it antecedents

KC

Jul 23, 2022

Interesting course, I especially enjoyed learning how they developed their writen language!!

1 - 25 of 33 Reviews for Introduction to Korean Philosophy and Culture

By Marina d L

Jul 6, 2021

I​ started the course because I am learning korean and I belive you can undestand a langue a lot more if you have historical, cultural and phylosophical notions from the country. For exemple, I had memorized when to use 이, 그 and 저 but only after the 우리-self discussion I could trully learn about them. It was a great intruduction couse and I am excited to learn more.

By Juan F C

May 24, 2021

Great course, it is a unique experience to have a first approach to korean philosophy which is unique in the world and embraces a lot of asian philosophies. The lectures are very interesting, there is a lot of history, culture and philosophy. It's great for everyone from philosophers to fans of korean culture.

By Kathryn S

Mar 18, 2022

This course was informative, fascinating, intriguing and I loved every moment of it. I did get confused from time to time but I watched most of the videos more than once to better understand. I learned so much from this and I look forward to learning more.

By Fani

Jun 20, 2022

I like this course a lot. This gives me new perspective of life and understand Korea even better than before. There are subtitle, explanation, and illustration. Though there are some confusing parts, I would still recommend this to other learners. Later, you might have to read and find more information from other sources (this course provide some references too).

PS. You might have to memorize a lot on this course, and I think that's one of the reasons why it was a bit confusing to me. It's good if you can take down notes for the lessons.

By Manya

Jul 3, 2022

THIS COURSE HAS BROADENED MY MIND AND MY WAY OF THINKING ABOUT KOREAN PHILOSOPHY AND CULTURE. NOW I REALLY FEEL SO FAMILIAR WITH THE KOREAN WAY OF THINKING AND THEIR CULTURE AS WELL. I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY THAT I KNOW AT LEAST SOMETHING ABOUT KOREAN PHILOSOPHY AND I WOULD LIKE TO DIVE DEEPER INTO THIS OCEAN OF KNOWLEDGE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AMAZING COURSE.

By SEVDE Ö

Aug 15, 2022

Thank you for this great introductory course to Korean philosophy. I got a chance to see Korean worldview and in-depth understanding of Korean social thought. Thank you Coursera family and Prof. So jeong Park. I will be eagerly waiting to second part of this course.

By A D A M

Jan 18, 2022

An excellent course that shows you the Korean philosophy and its beginnings, I really liked the handling of the course by the instructors and the support material, the videos and readings as well as the help links to read a little more about the topics.

By Sean W

Jun 9, 2022

It helps to have a basic understanding of the Korean language to get the most out of this course. However, I thought it was a great introduction to Korean culture and how it has weathered foreign cultural influence to develop its own unique world view.

By Dayana B G M

Jun 27, 2021

agradezco mucho la oportunidad que se me fue otorgada para poder llevar este curso tan enriquecedor ,gracias a este curso pude entender muchas cosas sobre la cultura, pensamiento y lenguaje coreano.

-gracias coursera y gracias Sungkyunkwan university.

By Patrizio M

Jun 20, 2021

It was a great experience for me and i have gain lots of knowledge through this course, in a very efficient way, so thank you so much.

By Maria C D B G

Aug 29, 2021

Very insightful study of Korean culture under philosophy, and the inseparable relation of philosophy and language.

By Ambreen s

Mar 14, 2022

By Mega S

Dec 26, 2021

i​t's fun and we can to know the history and culture of the South Korea. Thank you very much.

By Kathy C

Jul 24, 2022

By Ofelia d J S

Oct 17, 2021

Through this course I have enhanced my knowledge about Korean Philosophy and culture.

By Elvin G

Oct 1, 2021

I​ am so impressed with this course. Many I have just known about Korean

By Max U

May 3, 2022

Great! Thanks for taking the time to do this! <3

By diah n a

Aug 31, 2021

it's a amazing experience. I'm very grateful :')

By efourlon

Jul 31, 2022

We are looking forward to the second lesson.

By MARIA B

Jan 12, 2022

I learned a lot in this course. Recommended!

By Valentina S M

Jan 13, 2022

Awesome insight! Very question-prompting.

By Mark J V S

Jun 13, 2021

Very better, It's study hard for the SKK.

May 17, 2021

It was inspirational and interesting.

By Dana V