Back to Introduction to Korean Philosophy and Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Korean Philosophy and Culture by Sungkyunkwan University

This course will give you the cultural and historical background to begin your journey into Korean philosophy, and there is no prerequisite knowledge on philosophy required. Anybody who either has an interest in Korean culture, maybe through K-Dramas or K-pop, or an interest in philosophy from a cross-cultural perspective, are all welcome. Despite the growing interest in Korean culture, there are few courses which explore the fascinating topic of Korean philosophy. On this course, you’ll be introduced to concepts in Korean philosophy through an exploration of the Korean language, culture and perspective. The Korean cultural, social, and political environment has informed and transformed the intellectual assets of China and the West. You’ll explore the creative tensions that Koreans have experienced, and broaden your worldview as you discover a new philosophical approach....

OS
Oct 16, 2021

Through this course I have enhanced my knowledge about Korean Philosophy and culture.

EG
Sep 30, 2021

I am so impressed with this course. Many I have just known about Korean

1 - 17 of 17 Reviews for Introduction to Korean Philosophy and Culture

By Marina d L

Jul 6, 2021

I​ started the course because I am learning korean and I belive you can undestand a langue a lot more if you have historical, cultural and phylosophical notions from the country. For exemple, I had memorized when to use 이, 그 and 저 but only after the 우리-self discussion I could trully learn about them. It was a great intruduction couse and I am excited to learn more.

By Juan F C

May 24, 2021

Great course, it is a unique experience to have a first approach to korean philosophy which is unique in the world and embraces a lot of asian philosophies. The lectures are very interesting, there is a lot of history, culture and philosophy. It's great for everyone from philosophers to fans of korean culture.

By Dayana B G M

Jun 27, 2021

agradezco mucho la oportunidad que se me fue otorgada para poder llevar este curso tan enriquecedor ,gracias a este curso pude entender muchas cosas sobre la cultura, pensamiento y lenguaje coreano.

-gracias coursera y gracias Sungkyunkwan university.

By Patrizio M

Jun 20, 2021

It was a great experience for me and i have gain lots of knowledge through this course, in a very efficient way, so thank you so much.

By Maria C D B G

Aug 29, 2021

Very insightful study of Korean culture under philosophy, and the inseparable relation of philosophy and language.

By Ofelia d J S

Oct 17, 2021

By Elvin G

Oct 1, 2021

I​ am so impressed with this course. Many I have just known about Korean

By diah n a

Aug 31, 2021

it's a amazing experience. I'm very grateful :')

By Mark J S

Jun 13, 2021

Very better, It's study hard for the SKK.

May 17, 2021

It was inspirational and interesting.

By Dana V

May 21, 2021

Good course

By Richie R

Jul 2, 2021

although it's a bit boring there are many things that I get and understand rather than just assuming that philosophy in Korea is the same as Asian philosophy as a whole

By Elizabeth N C

Oct 30, 2021

It is interesting to know the culture and philosophy of another country but I would have given examples of culture and philosophy in the lessons