Back to Inheritance and Data Structures in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inheritance and Data Structures in Java by University of Pennsylvania

4.4

This course provides a comprehensive look at Java inheritance, including access modifiers and overriding methods. Students are introduced to abstract classes, and will learn how to read and write to files, use regular expressions for parsing text, and how to leverage complex data structures like collections and maps. Additionally, this course offers strategies for catching errors and debugging code, including an overview of Eclipse’s debugging tool....

DA
Apr 8, 2021

Cool course! Main concepts explained and requires to do some homework over google to complete assignments!

SK
Feb 19, 2021

excellent instructor, wonderful introduction to object oriented programming and Java

1 - 9 of 9 Reviews for Inheritance and Data Structures in Java

By Patrick R

May 3, 2021

This course failed teach. It's heavy on "what to do" and very light on "why you do it." There's no community of students, no support in the forum (a total ghost town), and the code is not quality tested resulting in frustrating learning experience.. Don't believe the numbers on Coursera, I'm one of the only students to complete this course. I recommend, instead, that you take Harvard's CS50 (on EdX). I'm going to take CS50 myself, now, to learn the materials (theory, principles, purpose) that weren't taught here. Strong suggestion to move on.

By Андрей П

Mar 31, 2021

If you closely follow the lecturer and write the code yourself during the lessons, then there are no problems with completing the assignments. Despite the fact that the course is passed quickly, I finally figured out what method overloading is and why abstract classes are needed.

Apr 9, 2021

By Stephan K

Feb 20, 2021

By Yiqing J

Apr 28, 2021

The lectures are good! However, some descriptions in assignments are not clear.

By Tarun B

May 16, 2021

Though this course is really good and you will really learn a lot of new things. But I think, this course is not for beginners. Difficulty level is a bit high for a newbie. Except that I think this is the best course for someone who's done with java core and want to polish up his/her skill. You'll learn a lot from the course's assignments and its grading system. Perfect implementation of more practical work than theoretical.

By Cecilia P T

Feb 14, 2021

Some things were not clear and there were some issues/inconsistencies in the Week 4 coding assignment. I've also been waiting 4+ days for a response from the staff to help with issues I've left in the forum. This is the first UPenn course in Coursera that I've had to wait this long and still not receive any clarification. Other than that it's a good course.

By apurwa j

Aug 18, 2021

More examples for Collections and Maps should be added

By Ziyao C

Jun 1, 2021

I don't think I learned a lot from this class. I am really disappointed and I think I wasted my time taking this class. The Class focuses on how to using sytanx , and it doea not explain concepts clearly. After taking the class, I am still confused about Collections and Interface. I end up going to read more java documents to understand it. I hope it goes deeper.