Back to A Law Student's Toolkit

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Law Student's Toolkit by Yale University

Whether you are an advanced law student looking to review the basics, or an aspiring law student looking for head start, this course will help you build the foundation you will need to succeed in law school and beyond. This course will introduce you to terminology, concepts, and tools lawyers and legal academics use to make their arguments. It will help you follow these arguments—and make arguments of your own. This course consists of a series of short lectures and assignments. A reading list complements each lesson, providing you with a roadmap to help you explore the subject matter more deeply on your own. Although the lessons may cross-reference each other, they are modular in nature: you should feel free to approach them in whatever order fits your schedule, interests, and needs....

HK

Mar 29, 2016

I enjoyed this course but you really need to have some legal background to get the most out of it. The assignments were worth the time they took and I learned a lot trying to grade my fellow students.

KE

Nov 28, 2017

Really interesting course, quite intense, especially in week 1. Good instructor who engages students (quite a feat for an online course) and encourages one to think about law in different ways.

1 - 25 of 171 Reviews for A Law Student's Toolkit

By C. m

Nov 12, 2018

Great teaching style, creates , incites a student to their potential, any person, even ones merely venturing into new, or unknown areas will broaden their perspective of their inherent heretofore unknown potentials. Literally anyone that takes this course is very lucky.

By Hilde K

Mar 29, 2016

By AHMED A K A

Mar 05, 2019

I think its a best course to those who want to study law and legal studies.

By Paulo R V P

May 04, 2018

Excellent course to get an approach on what is studied in Law undergraduate courses in the USA.

By Rajendra c r A d f c g g

Jun 03, 2018

great

By Nadhia G

Mar 16, 2018

This Toolkit has come very much in handy for my Paralegal Training, and other real life situations.

By Ayush R

By Koen V E

Nov 28, 2017

By Layssa I M S

Jul 25, 2019

This course was extremely interesting!I'm so grateful to Coursera and Yale

By Joel R

Jan 29, 2019

It covers enough that you will have a feel for if you will hate law or not. You learn far more from peer review than you would think. Everything is marked on time (though rarely too early, so do not stress about getting ahead, but also do not hand things in late - as marking happens as people hand in their own work usually.). Resubmitting option allows you to grapple with concepts, rather than cram memory.

And there is free financial advice at the end. Which is reasonable. It is in the outtakes, but worth a mention. It could be twice as long ans cover a few more concepts, but it is a great primer for anyone with no formal legal coursework under their belt.

By Kratika V

Jun 24, 2018

The course was great!!

By Pallavi S

Jan 15, 2018

Very well structure course. It is impressive how such a vast variety of material was covered in such short time frame. Even though some parts of it were focused solely towards american jurisprudence, it was generalized enough for students from all jurisdictions to gain something out of. I do however wish there was a little more quiz type testing and a little less american jurisprudence related testing.

By Trevor W

Feb 12, 2018

I was lost from almost the beginning. I'm not sure if this is part 2 of a course or if this is meant for people who have already attended law school. I also found the swaying back and forth of the professor to be a bit distracting.

The reading material was WAY more than 10 minutes. I found myself spending an hour or two reading for each assignment. That was a little frustrating as the suggested reading time was listed as 10 minutes.

I'm attending law school in the fall and was hoping to get a primer. But this class definitely disappointed me. Perhaps I'll revise it after my first year is complete.

By Fernando P

Jan 31, 2019

Excelente Course, very useful for the lawyers !!!

By Heidi J

Dec 30, 2018

Another quirky Law Professor to help you learn some tedious and elusive legal concepts. I enjoyed it!

By Brian F

Feb 12, 2019

For someone like me who wants to enter into politics this a great starting place.

By Julio L

Feb 28, 2019

Very interesting and with good information.

By 唐朝无聊

Mar 03, 2019

The course is very good!

By Edgar T

Mar 27, 2019

Gives you a good overview of how it is to take up law. Made me seriously consider applying to law school

By Odion C P I

Jul 08, 2018

Wonderful materials, highly resourceful, great lectures delivery by intelligent Professor. Look forward to pay it in anytime soon. BRAVO to the organizers!!!

By ORTHION

Apr 04, 2019

PERFECT.

By ahmed m

Apr 03, 2019

Enjoyed every bit of the course. very interesting and rich information compacted into bite size learning journey.

By Katarzyna K

Jan 17, 2016

A great springing board into the world of law - a special treat also for a translator from/into English!

By ANIYA K