Back to Leading Teams

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading Teams by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to build your team, improve teamwork and collaboration, and sustain team performance through continuous learning and improvement. Specifically, you will learn best practices for composing a team and aligning individual and team goals. You will also learn how to establish roles, build structures, and manage decision making so that your team excels. This course will also help you manage critical team processes such as conflict resolution and building trust that have a profound impact on your team’s performance. You will discuss some of the best ways to harness the productive potential of teams while mitigating the risks and traps of teamwork. In modern organization, most of work is done in teams, yet the results of teamwork are exceptionally mixed. Many teams are poorly designed and structured, fraught with dysfunctional conflict, experience coordination breakdowns and serious motivation challenges. As a result, many teams fail to realize their potential and frequently underperform even individuals working on similar tasks. After completing this course, you will acquire a set of tools and practices that enable you to effectively set up, run, evaluate, and continuously improve your team. Such insights will both make you a more effective team leader but also a standout contributor in team settings....

AN

Feb 04, 2016

Great course. Everything I learned is applicable to what I'm working on. Great insight and I would recommend it to anyone interested in trying to make their work more enjoyable and fulfilling.

HR

Jul 07, 2019

I have learned lot from this course and thank you very much conducting this kind of\n\nlearning tools to sharp my cleverness. Once again thank you.\n\nKind regards\n\nSudath Prasanna

1 - 25 of 174 Reviews for Leading Teams

By Tim M

Jan 27, 2019

Very good, practical course on leading teams. As an experienced team leader, I got a lot from the course which will help me more effectively lead teams in the future.

By Gihan I

May 17, 2017

I found this course by Maxim invaluable with information I can readily apply into the workplace and into my team. The presentation and case studies were great!

By Theresa M

Jan 31, 2019

This course is great for anyone wanting to learn how to effectively design a team & manage team dynamics.

By Sevinj A

Feb 14, 2019

Excellent Course. Usefull

By Kenan S A

Feb 13, 2019

This course has been so inspirational for me so far. As a manager, I learned so much that I can reflect to my work.

By Nela G

Mar 02, 2019

Excellent presentation of materials, step-by-step processes with discussion to widen your knowledge base.

By Rabea L

Dec 23, 2018

Overall a very good course! Thank you

By Sherif S Z M

Mar 30, 2019

i extremely like the course , i will apply all what i learned in my professional life

By Oladapo A A

Apr 08, 2019

This is the best online leadership/managerial course you can ever get ....

I recommend this to anyone interested.

By Idilia C

Nov 21, 2017

I am blown away by the usefulness of the content and the quality of the lessons in this and the other courses of the specialization. Scott and Maxim are incredibly knowledgeable and really gifted teachers! I have learned so much through these courses that the way I approach managing and leading people and teams and even just the way I approach being a team member will be forever changed in better because of it!!

By Artem

Sep 21, 2017

I love University of Michigan so much!

By Oxana M

Feb 15, 2016

G

Mar 15, 2016

Insightful.

By Dmitry V

Sep 07, 2016

This course is most amazing in the specialization, I've learned a lot of very interesting and practical things — seems like knowledge is built up very well in the specialization and you end up truly enlighten. Thanks a lot to all people involved in it's creation, and to Maxim personally!

By Iván C S R

Dec 19, 2017

Insightful course to help you to improve strategies and be aware of team dynamics. Thanks for sharing such valuable course.

By Paul K

Sep 09, 2016

I've taken a bunch of Coursera Courses, and these were my favorite. Fun to watch and packed with useful stuff I wish I had known a long time ago.

By José M A F

Jan 18, 2016

This course really helped me to improve my leadership abilities and my team management. Very recommendable.

By ARVIND M

Aug 05, 2017

An excellent course that teaches you to design your team for excellence. It broadens the way you view the team and its performance.

By Emad G

Jan 31, 2016

Great syllabus and great learning materials

By Carlos F G

Feb 02, 2016

Amazing content, video lectures and professors expertise, explanation and comments.

I have to recomend this specialization to all my friends and teammates, for sure they will find so many useful insights, techniques and concepts to apply in their job and in some other opportunities in their relationships.

Congratulations to Michigan University!

Carlos

By GC

Feb 08, 2016

This is one of the best courses I've taken on Coursera. Kudos to the faculty! Would love to take an in-person course with the professors.

By Jim

Jan 16, 2016

It's a bit rare that I refer so often to course notes as this one.

By Brent W

Jun 03, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.