Back to Leading Teams

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading Teams by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to build your team, improve teamwork and collaboration, and sustain team performance through continuous learning and improvement. Specifically, you will learn best practices for composing a team and aligning individual and team goals. You will also learn how to establish roles, build structures, and manage decision making so that your team excels. This course will also help you manage critical team processes such as conflict resolution and building trust that have a profound impact on your team’s performance. You will discuss some of the best ways to harness the productive potential of teams while mitigating the risks and traps of teamwork. In modern organization, most of work is done in teams, yet the results of teamwork are exceptionally mixed. Many teams are poorly designed and structured, fraught with dysfunctional conflict, experience coordination breakdowns and serious motivation challenges. As a result, many teams fail to realize their potential and frequently underperform even individuals working on similar tasks. After completing this course, you will acquire a set of tools and practices that enable you to effectively set up, run, evaluate, and continuously improve your team. Such insights will both make you a more effective team leader but also a standout contributor in team settings....

SP
Jul 20, 2020

This course was really very informative gave me lots of new idea. I decided to create a working environment of mutual trust and respect with my fellows. I recommend this course to my friends as well.

AN
Feb 3, 2016

Great course. Everything I learned is applicable to what I'm working on. Great insight and I would recommend it to anyone interested in trying to make their work more enjoyable and fulfilling.

26 - 50 of 287 Reviews for Leading Teams

By Milan M

Dec 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and the overall specialization. Both instructor Scott and Maxim shared very valuable knowledge, skills, and experience.

For anyone who is looking to become a Leader, I would recommend this course and specialization.

By Yakov K

Jan 18, 2016

I really enjoyed the course. the instructors were both great.

excellent idea to involve commentary from finance and sport sector - it was very interesting!

i also really liked some of the links such as the Office series. All in all great!

By Kinjal D

Oct 7, 2019

Excellent course - if you are either leading a team or looking to set up one. Look no further - the conceptual framework in this course is very pragmatic and will help immensely in setting up and running a happy, high performing team.

By Michal M

Mar 23, 2016

Course was in some way inspirational. I've found a few ideas from the course revealing (eg. is the brain stormig effective?) . I can honestly recommend this course for people who want to develop business skills on Leading Teams.

By Deepak S

Feb 11, 2016

This is an excellent course. So much concept to learn and also build confidence in practices that one is following currently. I would highly recommend this to any leader who wants to build high performing teams.

By Brent W

Jun 3, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.

By Hammam Y

Sep 11, 2019

I definitely recommend this course for anyone interested in Leading Teams. I would go over the course and the material as much as it needs to have it as part of my spontaneous thinking process in this regard.

By Franck

Jun 21, 2016

This is one of the best courses I have taken. Scott and Maxim are very eloquent, incorporate lots of materials, studies, and practical approaches to leading a successful team, and I truly enjoyed this course.

By Claudia A

Jan 19, 2016

This course really gives you the insights of leading groups. It's one of the best courses of leadership that I have done so far. It provides an excellent balance between general concepts and application.

By Carlos A V Z

Jun 20, 2020

Me encantaron los temas y las nuevas ideas que puedo poner en práctica. Iniciando con el manejo de conflictos. Así también me parece excelente haber recibido información de distintos ponentes.

By Andy N

Feb 3, 2016

By Worlanyo D

Nov 22, 2020

The leading teams course was a thought provoking and informative course. The insights shared were relevant to the progression of leadership especially in this 21st century.

By H.P S P R

Jul 7, 2019

I have learned lot from this course and thank you very much conducting this kind of

learning tools to sharp my cleverness. Once again thank you.

Kind regards

Sudath Prasanna

By Cinthya P F D l P

Sep 20, 2020

A very concise and precise course. It guides you through team management and there is plenty of reflection and sharing to be able to adapt the content to your own teams.

By Padmanabhan S

Aug 7, 2020

A well Structured course. The topics covered are very much relevant for a successful team in a corporate and a lesson to be remembered by Team Leaders in heading a team.

By Roushan K

Sep 25, 2020

Wonderful learning experience. Quality of content was very useful and most of the learning were data or research driven which helped to understand it quickly. Thanks.

By Qiyu Z

Jun 21, 2018

Excellent course. I need the course because in the past I lack related experience and knowledge. But now I am acquiring them and try to apply them more frequently.

By John C

Apr 20, 2020

Really well structured course. The material is thoughtfully laid out and well delivered. It provided some great lessons for me to bring back to my day job.

By ALALIBO J

Nov 14, 2017

This course was introduced to me by a friend and i am really learning alot.The knowledge gained in this course would further enhance my leadership skills.

By muhammad a r

Apr 30, 2017

Amazing course, certainly made me more aware of myself, and others. It will play a big role in my life, in how i approach things, and have positive impact.

By Paul K

Sep 8, 2016

I've taken a bunch of Coursera Courses, and these were my favorite. Fun to watch and packed with useful stuff I wish I had known a long time ago.

By Reaz A

Aug 22, 2020

Excellent school of thoughts to developed and Leading Team in this course learning of this course outstanding for my development as a leader ,

By Peter P

Nov 28, 2018

Nice insight into team dynamics, fascinating facts and helpful tips and tricks. Really fundamental if you haven't had training on this field.

By Panos P

Aug 29, 2017

Great course, super work by the professors in collecting the studies, distilling the core messages and transferring them to the participants!

By Muhammad I A T

Jun 25, 2016

Completed it without taking quiz or assignment. Looking forward to complete it soon. Excellent course for team leaders. Remarkable insights.