Back to Data Privacy Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Privacy Fundamentals by Northeastern University

This course is designed to introduce data privacy to a wide audience and help each participant see how data privacy has evolved as a compelling concern to public and private organizations as well as individuals. In this course, you will hear from legal and technical experts and practitioners who encounter data privacy issues daily. This course will review theories of data privacy as well as data privacy in the context of social media and artificial intelligence. It will also explore data privacy issues in journalism, surveillance, new technologies like facial recognition and biometrics. Completion of the course will enable the participant to be eligible for CPE credit....

MN
Aug 2, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. It is short, precise and crisp!\n\nThe examples were relevant and relatable.\n\nI would love to learn more about on this topic.

OO
Jan 27, 2021

Great organization! The content was absolutely educating and pushed me to carry out more research on all I learnt. Every second was absolutely worth it.

1 - 25 of 46 Reviews for Data Privacy Fundamentals

By Anujay S

Jul 2, 2020

Prof. Hartzog has designed an amazing course on Data Privacy and Privacy Law using excellent lectures, interviews and reading materials. This course would allow any individual to understand the nitty-grittys of data privacy as understood in the globe, US and the EU-GDPR. This course tells you more about how the existing protections of privacy are inadequate, the importance of "obscurity" and "trust", as well as perspectives that you should always bear in mind while dissecting privacy issues. Prof. Hartzog has put tremendous amounts of efforts in creating this course and I hope that he continues to create similarly interesting courses in future.

By Daniya M

Aug 9, 2020

It was an amazing experience with the Northeastern University.The fundamentals of data privacy and protection were taught in a crystal-clear manner. i gained a lot of knowledge about the basics of information security and data privacy. i would like to continue learning and gaining skills with the Northeastern University pertaining to ethical hacking and patching in the near future!

By Marzia N

Aug 3, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. It is short, precise and crisp!

The examples were relevant and relatable.

I would love to learn more about on this topic.

By Gsk k

Jul 9, 2020

data privacy is a best course to know how human beings to in social medias and what are the threat and this is future shining one of the courses

By Manuel A R S

Dec 18, 2020

Very practical course

By Jose C G

Sep 13, 2020

Excellent content!

By Aedrian A

Jan 27, 2021

This well-made short course is a must-take for everyone, as the implications of data privacy issues permeate modern life entirely. I highly appreciate the comprehensive overview that the material provides, as most, if not all, of the content are something that I would have asked data privacy experts/lawyers if I did not encounter this course. Particularly as an aspiring biomedical and clinical researcher, this course gave me a baseline working understanding of the framework and trends on this topic. The interviews shown are also highly insightful and astonishingly complements the lectures by Professor Hartzog.

By B U R

Oct 14, 2020

The course was really great. The instructor had great knowledge about the subject and taught me in a very simple and understandable manner. I have learnt a lot about privacy data problems that happen in this current generation and in upcoming future around the world. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. Thank You

By Atma P

Aug 15, 2020

Truly with this certification programme I will surely be able to advance my career in a good manner and It was truly a great learning experience with an International exposure of what's rolling in the world and how this DAta Privacy yhingbis essential.

By Abhi_Achalla

Oct 30, 2020

The best course I've ever taken. Northeastern University, being my dream university, gave me one more opportunity to explore the learning environment. Professor Woodrow made me clear about what really privacy is.

By BERFİN A

Sep 13, 2020

I loved every single lesson about this course. If you're searching a clear and brief information regarding privacy law matters you're in the right place.

By Oladotun O O

Jan 28, 2021

By Ramon L R

Nov 17, 2020

I like the sharing of expert experience in the course. The professor invited experts to talk about special topics on data privacy and security.

By Sergio S S

Oct 6, 2020

Than you!

I hope I'll be able to use this

course both in my professional and personal life to tackle problems

surrounding data collection.

By Amit J

Sep 14, 2020

Perfect balance of video, interview and reading articles . This course made complex things into simple training. Good job Coursera

By Ezeh F C

Aug 14, 2020

I must say, I learnt a lot and the fact that experts in different fields of privacy law were interviewed makes it top notch.

By Gökçenur E

Feb 18, 2021

Bu alanda ilgisi olan hukuk öğrencileri için gayet güzel başlangıç seviyesinde bir eğitimdi.Teşekkürler :)

By Sharada N

Sep 18, 2020

VERY DETAILED UNDERSTANDING. WELL KNOWLEDGED PROFESSORS. THANKS FOR ALL THE INSIGHTS ON DATA PRIVACY

By Samuel N

Nov 11, 2020

This course is a must for dummies in data privacy.Brief,yet expansive in content.

By Maajarv.kristiina@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2020

Perfect short introduction and overview about the data protection topic.

By Robert B

Dec 9, 2020

Both lecture content and articles were relevant and thought provoking

By Francos G S A

Nov 25, 2020

learned new concepts which i can use for my lecture and job

By Anthony H

Oct 7, 2020

Well produced course and easy to follow instruction.

By Cynthia S

Nov 25, 2020

Excellent class! Very informative and interesting.

By Aishwarya H

Nov 9, 2020

Very informative, use and interesting