Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User, Google

About this Course

In this course -- through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice -- you’ll learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware. We’ll wrap up with an example of how you might see this content show up in an interview setting. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● navigate the Windows and Linux filesystems using a graphical user interface and command line interpreter. ● set up users, groups, and permissions for account access. ● install, configure, and remove software on the Windows and Linux operating systems. ● configure disk partitions and filesystems. ● understand how system processes work and how to manage them. ● work with system logs and remote connection tools. ● utilize operating system knowledge to troubleshoot common issues in an IT Support Specialist role....

By BO

Apr 02, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

By SI

Oct 13, 2018

It took some time to due to lap graded assignments.However finally enjoyed the course specially the remote connection section and Linux and windows operating system files and folders troubleshooting.

651 Reviews

By Jason Tyra

Apr 19, 2019

Could really use a lot more interactive, hands-on modules throughout the course so that the student can get a real grasp on the concepts and execution of the material. I would highly recommend more labs, preferably one or two immediately following each lecture on new material.

By OIKONOMOU ELENH

Apr 17, 2019

Cindy is great!! Thank you

By Tanner Jacob Thomas Patterson

Apr 17, 2019

These were pretty cool courses that offer a lot of knowledge but the part where that talk about getting you information out to companies to help you start your career is fully true. They send you a survey that you select the companies you would like to share you information with out of they're selection, and that's it. There is no other follow up or anything as far as I've seen but I've been done with the program for workin on four months no with no other leads to helping me start my career. So it's great maybe to help boost a career you're already in but DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE if you are using it to help START a career. Hope this helps some people out like me looking for a way into the industry.

By Menendez, Lovette Kho

Apr 15, 2019

I learned much on this course.

By Hillary Pesson

Apr 15, 2019

This coursework was segmented so that we went back and forth from Linux to Windows. The instruction seemed choppy when using this approach. I understand comparing the OS's, but perhaps finish explaining a full process or function in one OS before moving to the next.

By Palmer, Dilene Marie

Apr 14, 2019

This course has been greatly helpful for me as I learned how to find software errors in my computer and how to fix them.

By MOHAMMED ASIF IQBAL HUSSAIN

Apr 14, 2019

really Good !! Its back to lode days in school life !! Thanks Google

By Ebony Akkebala

Apr 12, 2019

You can really tell the investment Google and Coursera have taken to make such a great course. Keep it up!

By Ollie Verchow

Apr 11, 2019

great course and challenging!

By Stephen Dale Mathew

Apr 11, 2019

This is a fantastic course if you really want to learn how to operate a computer to the fullest. I feel like after this course I am a more capable computer user than I thought I could be and I appreciate what I have learned here!