Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

MA

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

BO

Apr 02, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

126 - 150 of 2,074 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Douglas H

The final assessments were a little challenging. Overall, this course did a good job of introducing students to user and file permissions, and familiarity with the command line environments of Windows and Linux. This has really taken the fear of learning Linux, and also using PowerShell for Windows.

By Vinh Q N

On the scale of 1 to 10, I give this course a 9. I learned alot about the Windows and Linux CLI functions that I can use to be more efficient and effect in navigating and working in the OS's. This course has made me want to explore further into the realm of Windows powershell and Linux Bash commands.

By Ugwu G C

Apr 23, 2020

Cindy, your are one of the best instructor so far. Your simplified method of lecturing and impacting knowledge is second to none. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks so much Cindy. I hope to see you in the next course in this GOOGLE IT Professional certificate. I enjoy your teaching approach so much.

By Harpreet S

Dec 30, 2019

This was an amazing course. The explanations are pretty good and simple to catch on. I googled the same material online and it was much harder to grasp the content as compared to how the instructors presented the content here. Thank you for this amazing course. Can't wait to finish the certification.

By Gerald M M

Sep 08, 2020

This course is practically set to give you real experience in the field. Some Labs are challeging for a beginner but gives quality practice on what you should be doing in the field as an IT support professional. I recommend this course to anyone who want to join a career in IT as a Power User.

By GOBINDA C D

Jun 14, 2020

Wow! It was a really nice course. I am learned lots of things from this course. Basically, Google IT support Professional certificate included all courses that are so much quality full, and I also believe that every passionate learner was much happier after completing this course successfully.

By Franck K

Aug 10, 2019

Very informative, learn a lot and now enjoying working with Linux and Powershell which were like a foreign language for me 30 days ago. Just completed course #3, and not planning to stop anytime soon. Thanks Coursera and specially all those dedicated teachers. You guys are some real Rockstars!

By Marc J

Jan 10, 2020

Great course, but I don't like the Linux / Windows / GUI / CLI / GUI / Windows / Windows / CLI / Linus back and forth. I would teach them separately, something like this:

1) Theory for all interfaces.

2) Windows GUI

3) Windows CLI/PS

4) Linux GUI (not much, but do it anyway)

5) Linux CLI

6) Recap

By Aisha C

Aug 09, 2020

I'm not a genius and I managed to get 100%! Challenging and hands-on, I learned how to maintain and repair common issues with Windows and Linux operating systems. Highly recommend others who are into computers for work or play to take advantage of this well laid out and informative course.

By Arthur F

Dec 15, 2018

This course was amazing to me. Ive been using computers for over 3 decades and have always wanted to code, but I have always had a mental block for some reason. This course gave me the fundamental building blocks that made it much less intimidating. Coding finally makes more sense to me!

By Philippe M T

Jul 28, 2020

I wish to compliment Google for the logical and effective deign of this Course contents, particularly as we start transitioning into IT Admin and more advanced IT support content. I have both learned and inspired myself to keep aiming to reach new heights. Thank you. Philippe M Thevenin

By Joel A P

Sep 04, 2020

Incredibly challenging if you've never taken a step into command line systems. However, very clear and straightforward training. I highly recommend taking notes and separating your notes based on if the lesson is in windows or linux or you're going to lose yourself in similar jargon.

By Saketh V

Jul 12, 2020

This course taught me a large portion on Operating Systems and how they can be managed to our use. The most valuable giveaway for me is learning a bunch of Linux and Powershell commands which made me very much familiar with the command line interface in both these operating systems.

By Kevin M K M

Mar 16, 2018

I really enjoyed this module, packed with lots of tools for troubleshooting and then some. Had fun setting up my own VMs using Virtual Box and running the linux commands as they were being demonstrated. Added a few nifty tools to my support toolkit! Would give 6 stars if I could!

By Blake B

Try your best to take good notes especially with the commands for Linux and Windows. These will help you navigate the information that you need to access very efficiently. I made this mistake, and had to come back to some of the lessons as a refresher. Hope this review helps you!

By Olatungi L

This was a really interesting course. The week on disk partitioning was tough but everything else was great. Having to navigate on my own for the last couple tests made the whole thing more rewarding to have to figure out what commands i needed. Makes all the note taking worth it

By OLADEJO T O D

Jun 07, 2020

This course is very good for newbies and IT Professionals. It's been simplified in an easy way to understand. You do not need prior experience to understand the courses in this specialization. My appreciation goes to Google and Coursera for making life better for IT enthusiasts.

By Richard V

This course was way more in depth than the first 2 and I truly enjoyed the challenge of learning completely new things. These courses have been great, very easy to work with, and the features are great for being able to go back easily and find exactly what you need to work on.

By Cecelia R M

Mar 08, 2019

I just finished this course today, and I found it to be excellent! I found the instructor engaging, the material interesting, and the labs fun and challenging. I would definitely say that this course is very helpful for anyone who is interested in getting into the world of IT.

By Krisha M

Feb 19, 2019

I really liked this course. The labs were a little buggy at first, but most the issues got worked out, and then they became easy to do. I feel like I learned the most useful topics (i.e., information that I can regularly apply to my work) within this course. Thank you so much!

By Chantris T

Nov 13, 2019

This course, for me, was at times a bit tedious but I learned a great deal that will definitely help me to feel more confident in this field. Thanks for also having one of the more difficult courses have a female instructor. It encouraged me all the more to finish the course.

By Preda

Jul 25, 2019

This course had a great many labs which were great to get hands on experience with Operating Systems. I liked how there were two versions of each lab - one for the Windows Powershell OS and one for the Linux OS. I took down notes on very useful commands which I use in my job.

By Adr R

Jan 06, 2019

Well, we've covered a lot of useful information in this course. I feel really proud to finish it because I was so scared about Linux OS. Thanks to this course I feel more confident. I know there are more steps to walk through to master both OSs but it is a good start. Thanks!

By Herath M P S M

Jun 17, 2020

This Is a Super Useful course for everyone who simply use an computer! It is Important to know how the Operating system on our computer works and how to handle it for our applications. This course help me to find interesting and wonderful new things about operating systems.

By Niranjan A B

A really great course for those who want to upskill their knowledge about different OS's and it really helped me a lot. I actually dual booted my system with help of the knowledge I gained from this course and it was a really Great experience. Thanks a lot Google and Cindy!