Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

226 - 250 of 2,752 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Benjamin R

Mar 5, 2019

I really like the format of Course 3 Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User. I learn best when I can apply what I have learned to real life situations, so the labs at the end of every week really help me remember the information.

By Kurtis M

Nov 14, 2018

Great course it would be a nice parting gift to have all of the bash and CLI used provided at a cheat sheet after the course ended. So you can utilize them into your everyday life more readily. Thanks again for the well thought out course.

By Hector S R

May 17, 2018

This was a great course with a lot of useful information that we can apply every day in our IT Support role. Thanks to everyone involved in the course, specially our Instructor Cindy who did an amazing job taking us item by item every day.

By Mayuri P

Nov 6, 2020

This course is my first on Coursera and I have literally leant much from this OS power user course. Great to start your OS journey to this course. Thanks to the instructor and extra reading provided to clarify the topics. Thanks alot :)

By Quanda M

This course was by far the best one! Then hands-on labs were excellent and the content was great too! I have been really been learning a lot with the course. I am VERY pleased with my decision to purchase this course. Thank you Coursera.

By Bidiak I

Sep 26, 2020

Just ended a course from Google about Operating Systems. Learned about Linux, Windows, CLI, PowerShell, Bash, VM, file permission and disk partition, processes, and many many more. Hope that these skills will help me in my future job.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Christofer C

Dec 12, 2020

tough for new people but so worth it once you get it. Really was the first time in the google course i had to really try and even go back and restudy for tests. I feel much better and more proficient after the course though for sure.

By Nathan M

Jun 27, 2019

I thought this course was good, you are provided videos and reading content to cover topics. The best part is the labs where you can put into practice what you have been learning. I found the instructions for the labs easy to follow.

By William S

Oct 1, 2018

It was a challenging course, but I learned a lot on different ways to troubleshoot things in Windows and also Linux, which I do not use at all but know more than I ever have about it. This has all been very useful for my development.

By William R E

Nov 24, 2019

Great course, very good if you are not great at software and how to navigate through it. This course help me a lot with Linux commands and introducing me to Linux. I believe that everyone can get something useful out of this course.

By Guillermina G

Jun 28, 2020

Great course! The adding of the lab to practice the skills learned is a very rewarding experience. I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to either learn, update or to kill gaps in their sill set of Windows and Linux.

By Rhenado S B

Aug 22, 2020

The Course took both approach of theory and practical which enable me to grasp the concepts fairly easily. It incorporate real world scenarios which will help in my growth and development of becoming successful at troubleshooting.

By sandeep b

Mar 15, 2018

This course really makes you a Power User.the main Essence of course is with operations with Powershell in windows OS and Bash terminal in Linux Os.the instructors will explain the concept very clearly and with real time examples.

By Stephen D M

Apr 11, 2019

This is a fantastic course if you really want to learn how to operate a computer to the fullest. I feel like after this course I am a more capable computer user than I thought I could be and I appreciate what I have learned here!

By Ray

Mar 24, 2018

This course was the most interactive so far! If i made it, anyone can make it. Only thing I would suggest is to make a list of applicable commands. I recorded my own notes of the commands, and they worked for me during the labs.

By Michael B

Sep 15, 2018

This was challenging and enjoyable at the same time. I definitely will need to review some of this course, but I'm looking forward to it. This course has motivated me to continue on into the next phase of my journey. Thanks,

By Tomas B

Mar 23, 2018

Great course! Very informative and easy to understand. I kind of wish there were more labs and less videos, though, but I guess the amount of videos was necessary to understand the concepts behind what we would practically do.

By Pranav V J

Jul 9, 2020

A little bit boring but yet very interesting and resourceful. Got to learn a lot of things. Would recommend everyone to take up this course. Never thought that we can do such things with windows CLI and Linux command shell.

By Drew P

Mar 17, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and the instructors who helped to make it interesting and fun. I actually, looked forward to spending my free time watching the videos , working on the exercises, and completing modules.

By Gamaliel V

Mar 9, 2018

In general it is a good course, you always learn something new.

The topics and the tools seen in the course are interesting, on our part it is to practice and investigate more in detail.

thank you very much.

Gamaliel Vazquez

By Sami F

May 29, 2018

I loved the teaching method, filled with examples, links, pictures, showing us right away how things are done, and most importantly, the different topics were mostly all taught separately so it made it easier to understand

By Fahad A

Jun 3, 2020

A very comprehensive course for using windows power shell and Linux terminal. the instructor gives detailed knowledge and easy to understand. Indeed a must-have a course for anyone wants to become more effective at a job.

By Aaron J

I was always scared of tackling the use of commands but with the information provided to the videos and readings along with chat support this can be challenging but worth it and has motivated to improve on this skill set

By Gurmander S M

May 9, 2020

Thanks Cindy. I have really gained a lot of information with this course. However, there were too many readings, it'll be very much helpful if that information was included in lectures as well. Otherwise, it was amazing.