Back to Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom by University of California, Irvine

Welcome to Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom! This course will help you effectively assess student performance virtually, including compliance issues, feedback models, online grade book functions, and data analysis. We will discuss why effective measures of performance and assessment are a crucial component of any virtual program, and the importance of teachers and administrators understanding both the myths and challenges of assessing performance virtually, administering standardized testing with geographical challenges, and complying with state and local requirements to make sure students are meeting requirements. Through the successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Examine the importance of authentic performance and assessment in the virtual classroom. • Discuss academic integrity and remote assessments in the virtual classroom.  • Apply best practices for data analysis and grade book management. • Consider performance and assessment for special populations: gifted, at-risk, and special needs students. • Discuss the importance of instructional feedback and monitoring progress and performance using technology....

AN
Jun 7, 2020

Great course! Learning about grade book integrity has changed my outlook on the assignments I provide and how I categorize my own grade book. Thanks.

CC
Oct 31, 2020

It's nice to end up my specialization with this course it helps me to map-out necessary things so that I will be guided in classroom settings.

51 - 75 of 75 Reviews for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

By YAMINI P

Sep 11, 2020

Good

By Abdelatif A

May 14, 2017

Although the domain of performance assessment in the virtual classroom was completely new to me, taking this course made me feel fully equipped with the knowledge and the applicable strategies to succeed in any project that relates to the field. The peer-graded assessment was the best part of all, because it helped me put everything together.

By Patricia V

Aug 15, 2016

I really enjoyed the mathematical point and percentage explanation and the tools to grade assignments enlightening . I always have struggled with the math of grading. I felt that the first and second weeks were very repetitive information; therefore I didn't give it a five star. Otherwise, I thought it was good information. Thanks

By Adriana D

Sep 22, 2016

Really helpful course, though discussion forums seemed to be available at the end of the course, they wasn´t really available. Presentations sometimes ask you to go to those unavailable forums. Teacher was great (and has the same name as my mom :D) But had some grading issues with 2 questions on quizes

By Junaid Z

Jul 21, 2020

Great hands-on especially the grade book. I would recommend that everyone even those who are involved with undergraduates do attend this course. As the principles are the same.

By Philipp T

Jul 29, 2020

I really liked the content of the third week. But I think the quizzes are too easy this time. Could have been complex like in the first 2 courses. They really gave me hell. :)

By Rakesh N

Sep 2, 2020

This course allowed me to rethink on online evaluation. But the course could have incorporated some online evaluation technologies. Over all, it was impressive.

By Tracey J K

Nov 26, 2018

Excellent information presented, high quality PPTs and resources. Information on technology needs to be updated since classroom tech is advancing so quickly.

Aug 7, 2020

The course is very useful. I would suggest to concentrate less in the grading and more in the engagement and integrity of assessment of online courses.

By Mary F

Jul 18, 2020

The course was informative especially on the analysis of a grade book. However, there are a number of reading links that do not work.

By Dr. V Y L

Sep 14, 2020

Course is really helpful to understand different types of students and also how to assess them virtually.

By Prasanna B

Oct 26, 2020

Very well planned and delivered online course. Really helpful for my current service.

By Kelly

Mar 1, 2017

Material is explained well and the comprehension checks along the way are helpful.

By Juan H B S

Feb 18, 2018

Great course. Really helpful!

By Lakshmi D P

c

e

!

By Dr.Neelu J A

Good

By Mujawar J H

Apr 26, 2020

Good

By Ellen M

Oct 25, 2020

I think there is much room for improvement in this particular Module [Module #4]. My expectations were to gain knowledge of actual technological applications that can be used to assess online assignments. Plus, I expected to see samples of technology used to assess assignments [e.g., a YouTube video demonstrating how an LMS, like Canvas, can be used to size-up a student's standing in the course, and how extra credit might work within an LMS.] Being that Coursera is a learning program to learn how to teach ONLINE, I expected we would receive concrete information on how this can best be accomplished in the 21st century. Even to direct us to valuable external websites for additional learning, regarding Performance and Assessments, would have been a significant improvement for this Module 4. Other than this, the instructor, Racquel Stephens, seems like a lovely individual and one who is thoughtful and clear in the instructions she put forth. Thank you.

By Jorge T R

Nov 10, 2020

A rather decent course, but it is a step below compared with the first 3 courses

By Amy M

Jan 25, 2017

Too easy.

By Inge R

Sep 3, 2017

I work at an university of applied sciences and this course is still rather basic. It would have been great if they would have made the extra step, not only covering how a proper grade book should be set-up, but also what type of assessments should be included and in which way in order to make it a valid assessment tool. For instance, if I would build a MC exam test bank, how many questions should be in there, when would you give students more opportunities and why? And how to create an online test bank easiest? Some tips and tricks would have been great. I also missed how you could add more of a personalized way of assessing people online. And how to design proper online peer reviews and when is it valid to add the outcome to the final grade? So for the very basics, this is a good class to start, but if you wish more, I would not it.

By Jacinda K

Mar 14, 2017

only a small portion was applicable to my country and school environment

By Konstantina A

May 24, 2016

No option of completing the course without paying. So why do you call your site FREE online courses? And why do we have to go into the trouble of attending the class and watching the videos, and reading the material without being capable of at least watching our results in assignments?