Back to Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom by University of California, Irvine

Welcome to Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom! This course will help you effectively assess student performance virtually, including compliance issues, feedback models, online grade book functions, and data analysis. We will discuss why effective measures of performance and assessment are a crucial component of any virtual program, and the importance of teachers and administrators understanding both the myths and challenges of assessing performance virtually, administering standardized testing with geographical challenges, and complying with state and local requirements to make sure students are meeting requirements. Through the successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Examine the importance of authentic performance and assessment in the virtual classroom. • Discuss academic integrity and remote assessments in the virtual classroom.  • Apply best practices for data analysis and grade book management. • Consider performance and assessment for special populations: gifted, at-risk, and special needs students. • Discuss the importance of instructional feedback and monitoring progress and performance using technology....

MB

Oct 12, 2020

Even though this course was not easy to complete, I do have to say that I've learned quite a lot and I've acquired some very useful skills along the way :)

ZR

Mar 5, 2021

This course helped me to learn some concepts in virtual teaching performance assessment. I think now I can grade my students in a much systematic manner.

51 - 75 of 102 Reviews for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

Dec 26, 2016

Thank u.

By YAMINI P

Sep 11, 2020

Good

By Abdelatif A

May 14, 2017

Although the domain of performance assessment in the virtual classroom was completely new to me, taking this course made me feel fully equipped with the knowledge and the applicable strategies to succeed in any project that relates to the field. The peer-graded assessment was the best part of all, because it helped me put everything together.

By LeapingFrog E

Aug 15, 2016

I really enjoyed the mathematical point and percentage explanation and the tools to grade assignments enlightening . I always have struggled with the math of grading. I felt that the first and second weeks were very repetitive information; therefore I didn't give it a five star. Otherwise, I thought it was good information. Thanks

By Adriana D

Sep 22, 2016

Really helpful course, though discussion forums seemed to be available at the end of the course, they wasn´t really available. Presentations sometimes ask you to go to those unavailable forums. Teacher was great (and has the same name as my mom :D) But had some grading issues with 2 questions on quizes