Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

751 - 764 of 764 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By fife k

Mar 5, 2021

great content, accessible. big shame about having no access to the course creators, and leaving marking up to students to peer-review without anonymity, or any option in case of an unfair grading, is questionable.

By Maria M

Sep 14, 2020

Son excelentes los vídeos porque puedo entender pero los textos y cuestionario no lo entiendo porque no está en español y tampoco puedo traducir si hay forma de modificar por favor me ayudan

By JESSICA Y G Q

ES INTERESANTE EL CURSO, PERO LÁSTIMA QUE NO DAN AL MENOS UN CERTIFICADO DE PARTICIPACIÓN.

By Candice C

Jul 1, 2020

Great course, but lacks diversity.

By Giuseppe P

Jan 14, 2021

By Helly P

Oct 30, 2020

First of all, I would like to appreciate the efforts put in by University of Sydney for conducting this course. But I personally felt that it could have been better. It felt a bit monotonous. Creative ways of teaching could have been adopted. I hope this review helps in improving the course. Thank you.

By MANAN S

Jun 27, 2020

The course is quite basic and has a lot of peer review assignments. Even though i learnt quite a lot , still wouldn't recommend for someone who is doing a major in psychology

By Deivy E F

Jul 14, 2020

tiene partes que no puedo traducir al español, lo que dificulta que pueda continuar el curso. es una lastima pues lo poco que vi es muy interesante

By David K

Apr 23, 2020

lots of probs with online testing. Tried to drop course but no luck...

By Sabine G

Dec 11, 2020

I am disappointed by the course. It is understood it is a MOOC but it still doesn’t have to be this superficial. All in all this course was a waste of time.

The constant repetition of the message that family and friends are of huge importance is a slap in the face of all those who are precisely dealing with issues caused by family and have no real friends. It is disappointing for a Positive Psychology course to presuppose that everyone has someone close to turn to. This is not the reality for many people with mental illness issues. Moreover, the constant referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist to help in emergencies does not reflect the reality of the Australian health system where you have to wait for months to see any of these specialists or pay a fortune.

Also, I was taken aback by the referring to Aboriginal belief systems in past tense. This is very offensive for an Aboriginal person. Aboriginal spirituality and beliefs are very real today. Please fix that particular video ASAP.

By Brian D

May 2, 2021

I don't find it positive to be graded by fellow students nor to grade other students. Sure i understand the costs don't justify an instructor doing this. So why not just make it a computer generated quiz? To SUBJECTIVE. I am out.

By Jennifer S

Sep 28, 2020

I cannot access assignments..I feel like i wasted time ..i cannot even extend deadline

By Somwati