Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

BB

Jul 22, 2019

i found this course very useful, not only did it covered the new approach to mental problem that is, positive psychiatry, it also gave details on common mental illnesses in very easy way. Thanks

1 - 25 of 125 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By marianna S T

Mar 28, 2019

I think people can make it more interesting. The videos are boring and the topics are kind of shallow

By Esthela F S

Aug 22, 2018

Es excelente y lo recomiendo para todos los enfoques de la psicologia, es bueno estar al tanto de la perspectiva humanista dentro de la psiquiatria y salud mental

By Kotamraju S P K

Jul 07, 2019

This course is suitable for all those who want to learn the basics of mental health. It covers all the major topics in a brief with a lot of additional resources linked. Thanks to creators!

By Zaeem H

Mar 26, 2019

There were a lot of things that I did not know and are common in our behaviors. There are some good strategies described that I have found helpful to cater for mental health issues.

By Eleanor R

Oct 31, 2019

Pitched a little low at first for someone with a level of background knowledge already (no professional qualifications but some relevant work experience) but it got better as the course went on. The course includes some useful material and left me with ideas for better helping a family member.

By Sandra G

Feb 12, 2019

Pretty good - but needs more elements of engagement

By Reem N

Aug 28, 2019

I believe we need more examples on how to practice positive psychiatry in modern day

By Stefani S H

Nov 30, 2018

The course is thorough and can open my mind about mental health. I like the way we got assignments and had to review peers'work. Also, thank you for the financial aid!

By Yaqeen S

Dec 25, 2018

Great course, wonderful content and lovely teachers. Enjoyed every bit of it.

By Katrina H

Dec 29, 2018

I loved how easy it was to find the information needed to complete the assesments. I enjoyed the fact that it was a self-directed course and that I could work at my own pace. I thoroughly enjoyed the course content and the way the video lectures were presented. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in this topic!

By Nicola J

Jan 12, 2019

Very engaging and informative course in which I learnt various self-help techniques to contribute towards wellbeing and good mental health ie exercising, good nutrition etc. I also learnt much about the different types of mental health conditions and how they can be treated in a clinical setting. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Lisa K M

Feb 16, 2019

I think this course represents a magnificent opportunity to keep updated about psychiatric and psychology last researches and tendencies.

It`s structured and organized by weeks and assessments, so it`s easy to complete.

Definitely a great opportunity to keep learning!

By John B B

Feb 06, 2019

By Egon W

Jan 25, 2019

All in all a very good course giving a good overview about positive Psychiatry.

By John B

Feb 19, 2019

Very insightful course into getting a better mental health. I have lived experiences with mental health problems also and the combination of proffessionals and people with lived experiences provide a thorough allround course experience. This course is a natural extension for me and the peer education I took here in denmark in 2017. I look forward to broadening my own personal development even more now and I would like to say so much thanks you to all the people involved in creating this course. Thank you so much! Many many appreciations here from me:) John Beltran

By Susan H

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this course immensely. I can use this information for family members who have mental health issues.

By Jumanne J

Mar 21, 2019

easy and understandable, well organized and the use of language focus on both advanced and average English users

By Kyle D M

Feb 27, 2019

This has been a wonderful experience and a great course to take.

By Dr. V M

Mar 24, 2019

Excellent course content. Learnt a lot. Thank you.

By abra

Mar 24, 2019

انه جيد وممتع

By Laura e g q

Mar 26, 2019

muy bueno ¡. Lo recomiendo

By Nattanicha Y

Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for a wonderful course! it's help me to understand more about mental health and very useful for everyone especially Mental health at workplace.

By Godwin U

Apr 14, 2019

Exceptionally designed course with instructional videos that are both rich and comprehensive, covering all the relevant areas of positive psychology, psychiatry, mental health; and how to support those suffering from mental health challenges.

By A.C.R

Mar 06, 2019

Very well informative course that open your path of learning about mental health and wellness. I thank all of instructors for their time and effort.