Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

BB

Jul 22, 2019

i found this course very useful, not only did it covered the new approach to mental problem that is, positive psychiatry, it also gave details on common mental illnesses in very easy way. Thanks

1 - 25 of 97 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Esthela F S

Aug 22, 2018

Es excelente y lo recomiendo para todos los enfoques de la psicologia, es bueno estar al tanto de la perspectiva humanista dentro de la psiquiatria y salud mental

By marianna S T

Mar 28, 2019

I think people can make it more interesting. The videos are boring and the topics are kind of shallow

By David J G

Jan 06, 2019

Excellent course!

By Nicola J

Jan 12, 2019

Very engaging and informative course in which I learnt various self-help techniques to contribute towards wellbeing and good mental health ie exercising, good nutrition etc. I also learnt much about the different types of mental health conditions and how they can be treated in a clinical setting. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Susan H

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this course immensely. I can use this information for family members who have mental health issues.

By Lisa K M

Feb 16, 2019

I think this course represents a magnificent opportunity to keep updated about psychiatric and psychology last researches and tendencies.

It`s structured and organized by weeks and assessments, so it`s easy to complete.

Definitely a great opportunity to keep learning!

By Allison I L N

Feb 26, 2019

Muy bueno tiene información clara y muchos documentos y vídeos de apoyo

By Kyle D M

Feb 27, 2019

This has been a wonderful experience and a great course to take.

By

Mar 04, 2019

An excellent overview of evolving developments in psychiatry. This is a wonderful course for anyone interested in mental health.

By A.C.R

Mar 06, 2019

Very well informative course that open your path of learning about mental health and wellness. I thank all of instructors for their time and effort.

By María d C O R

Mar 18, 2019

¡Muy bueno! Enriquecedor y positivo.

Muchas gracias a la Universidad de Sidney y a los ponentes.

By Abo a A

Mar 18, 2019

very helping course

By Nattanicha Y

Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for a wonderful course! it's help me to understand more about mental health and very useful for everyone especially Mental health at workplace.

By Jumanne J

Mar 21, 2019

easy and understandable, well organized and the use of language focus on both advanced and average English users

By Dr. V M

Mar 24, 2019

Excellent course content. Learnt a lot. Thank you.

By abra

Mar 24, 2019

انه جيد وممتع

By Laura e g q

Mar 26, 2019

muy bueno ¡. Lo recomiendo

By Zaeem H

Mar 26, 2019

There were a lot of things that I did not know and are common in our behaviors. There are some good strategies described that I have found helpful to cater for mental health issues.

By Jorim H

Dec 21, 2018

Very good course. They combine evidence and practices from different fields.

By Alicia C

Dec 23, 2018

Loved the class and teachers! Really learned a lot; helped me to reflect and begin to move forward after career change due to mental illness.

By Fazeela K

Dec 06, 2018

Many thanks to Dr Sonia Kumar and all the lecturers who have successfully put together such an amazing course, imparting their wealth of knowledge and expertise in the field of " Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health". I have truly enjoyed this wonderful learning experience and would use this in my profession as a social support worker. I will be taking it to the next level,as I am better prepared with skills and knowledge to get the job done well. I found that this Mental Health awareness is very critical to the well being of our society and nation as a whole. It is very vital to learn and know about the effects of this illness from all aspects ,as it can destroy families ,relationships,and lives of people who are affected. if not diagnosed or untreated without recognizing its initial stages through early detection and interventions could become full blown and destructive to a nation's prosperity of well being .

By SANDY R M

Dec 06, 2018

Thank you very much I feel that my mental health is manageable.

By Yaqeen S

Dec 25, 2018

Great course, wonderful content and lovely teachers. Enjoyed every bit of it.

By Alankrita T

Dec 09, 2018

The best decision i took this year is to enroll in this course. It's such an authentic,informative,helpful,educational professional training, where i have to admit that i learned a lot.

All the instructors are very well versed in their respective domains and explain things in a very in - depth manner. It's a very engaging course from the best of professionals. I gained lot of knowledge and new perspectives about psychology as a whole concept, thanks to this certificate course. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in investing their time,effort,energy & money into something fruitful like this. This is a highly beneficial course for anyone who is passionate about psychology, mental health,wellbeing & personal recovery.

By John B B