Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

SG

Jun 08, 2020

This course was designed with extremely outstanding qualities. The keen devotion of all the professors are highly appreciated. You have made it possible for me to move on in my professional career.

251 - 275 of 366 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Shraddha T

May 04, 2020

learnt a very positive thing to deal with life style

By Robert B S M

Jun 23, 2019

Great course...well-designed and very informative.

By Dr. V M

Mar 24, 2019

Excellent course content. Learnt a lot. Thank you.

By Brahmleen K

Jun 18, 2020

Fabulous Course, very helpful for self learning.

By Praneetha k

very helpful course especially for the teenagers

By Gary O

Nov 08, 2019

Very good. Learnt some new eye-opening material.

By Carina A d O

May 08, 2019

Amazing course!!! I've learned so much from it!

By Amna T

May 13, 2020

Amazing course. I have learned amazing things

By Natalie W

Dec 01, 2019

Great! Informative and inspiring. Thank you :)

By Maria S V B

May 15, 2020

THIS COURSE IS ONE OF THE BEST WELL PREPARE.

By Sylvia S

Apr 07, 2020

Most informative and hopeful...thank you! :)

By DrZaki A

Very good course. Good research methodology

By Nadeem M

Dec 13, 2019

Grat course.

Dr Sonia Kumar is a good tutor

By Jennifer O

Jun 27, 2020

I enjoyed this course, i highly recommend

By José B d M F

Jul 10, 2020

Amazing course! The best one! I love it.

By Kevin G V G

Oct 09, 2019

Very informative, easy to follow course.

By Rebeca M V

Jul 14, 2020

It was very interesting and eye-opening

By Harvey R L

May 03, 2020

Lot's of really great info and insight.

By Fardia M Z

excellent content. very easy to follow

By Kaushika K

Jun 27, 2020

course is so informative and helpful.

By jomon j

Jun 02, 2020

Good and informative course .loved it

By Jessica L

Absolutely fantastic very insightful

By sherly

Apr 27, 2020

i learnt so much to recall thank you

By Kelly D P

Dec 18, 2019

Loved this course and learned a lot!

Jun 24, 2018

Very informative, love the readings.