Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

SE

May 16, 2022

This course has given me great insight on mental health and how everything is related to it but it most importantly taught me how to be in control of my mental healh and maintain a positive psychiatry

KH

Jul 21, 2022

I really enjoyed this course. I found the materail very releveant and useful both for myself, and my hope in working with other in the future. It was very comprehnsive and I loved taking this course.

176 - 200 of 1,033 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Shivani S J

May 20, 2021

This course really helped me in refreshing my psychology knowledge and had gave me many techniques for self management and increasing social skills. Thank You for arranging this course and bringing it to us in a very smooth, own time paced manner.

By Kenneth C

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent all round immersion into psychiatry and mental health. This has reaffirmed my committment to transitioning from my current career into mental health in a social context. The most rewarding 4 weeks of a very strange 2020 by a long way!

By Rebecca C

Jul 25, 2020

This course was filled with a variety of interesting and beneficial information. It covers the basics and includes specifics as well! The reflection assignments were a great way to share and receive feedback while also learning! Highly recommend!

By Alya H

Jun 5, 2018

I think this course is very helpful for people to learn more about mental illness and how to deal with them in positive ways. This course does not only elaborate the ways, but also explain the building blocks of positive psychiatry. Thank you :)

By Rekha M

Mar 20, 2023

I learnt a lot about mental health - the different kinds of mental health

problems, the various treatment and above all The emphasis on childhood

care and the support of family and community in helping

manage mental health. A wonderful course .

By Ricardo E C

May 12, 2020

It is a challenging course with lots of material for further study, the assignments are not easy if you want to do them properly. the course gives you a lot of knowledge covering every aspect of mental health. very complete course. thank you :)

By Godwin U

Apr 13, 2019

Exceptionally designed course with instructional videos that are both rich and comprehensive, covering all the relevant areas of positive psychology, psychiatry, mental health; and how to support those suffering from mental health challenges.

By Angel J

Jun 2, 2020

It's been great how such a broad topic was broken down into these different topics. The progression on how to help yourself to identifying the different illnesses to help others as well was a good flow. Kudos to the people behind this one!

By Catherine B

Aug 17, 2020

Wonderful information for myself a parent of three teenagers, two of whom stuggling with Mental Health conditions. I came away with a very positive outlook for having learnt some very helpful information. Thank you to all the instructors.

By Keerthi S

Jun 18, 2020

i loved this course, basically i'm doing my Masters in Social Worker and like to special in psychiatry and mental health and this course helped me to know more about. mental health and to know more about positive psychiatry.. thank you...

By Gargie P

Jun 7, 2020

i had a great time participating in this course and it has allowed me to gain a lot of insight about my daily routine. as a result, i have made significant changes in order to lead a more positive lifestyle and work more on my well-being.

By Donna C

Nov 4, 2019

This course was very informational and I learned a lot. It helped me understand friends who are dealing with mental illness and, even though, my mental health is strong, this course gave me tools to help when I feel stressed or anxious.

By Rahul K J

May 7, 2020

Well structured course, great to see Tina sharing her story as a person who has been through mental illness. Highly recommended for everyone. Other Professors were equally nice, Please keep on spreading awareness around mental health.

By Hansha

Feb 4, 2020

An excellent collection of videos and reading recommendations from experts at the University of Sydney, and from a few people who have been diagnosed with mental illness, who talk about their personal experiences of their diagnoses.

By Maria E

Sep 26, 2022

As informações adquiridas com este curso, contribui para elevar o meu conhecimento profissional, e pessoal.

Tem sido um divisor de águas para futuros estudos e pesquisa que farei acerca da saúde Mental, principalmente em meu País!

By Margarita T V

Jul 9, 2020

I really enjoy this course, was very clear and well organized. The lectures were interesting not boring at all and I really like the part of Tina’s story and the interview with the wise Aboriginal man.

Thanks a lot. ¡Muchas gracias!

By ruchi j

May 1, 2020

Excellent, Amazing learning Experience. The Course covers most of the topic and is well structured. The assignments evoke thinking in students . Gained lot more knowledge around the world of Mental health and Positive Psychiatry.

By Karla E M C

Jun 2, 2022

Fue un curso bastante interactivo en donde nos brindaron los conocimientos necesarios para conocer acerca de enfermedades de salud mental, ademas comprendimos la importancia de atendernos y no dejar de lado nuestra salud mental.

By Dino J

Aug 3, 2020

In this course, I explore completely different aspects of excellent psychological state additionally as offer a summary of the main types of mental disorders, their causes, treatments, and the way to hunt facilitate and support

By SONJA V K

Dec 27, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much on modern approaches to treating and supporting people with mental health issues. It has been a real eye opener. Also I found the course very organized and professional.

By Olga B

Aug 26, 2020

I'm really grateful to the University of Sydney for making this amazing course. It changed my attitude towards anxiety and I acquired new healthy habits. Thanks to all professors who participated in the making of the course!

By Nicole H

Apr 27, 2020

I found this class very informative. Very helpful in my professional and personal environments. I feel some of the assignments were a little heavily graded. However, it just made me work harder. I would recommend this class.

By Alicia B

Mar 7, 2021

Me gustó mucho el curso, me resultó muy didáctico. Los académicos que participaron de muy buen nivel. Se abordaron los trastornos mentales y la salud mental desde muchos puntos de vista. Muy completo, estoy muy agradecida.

By Ismailzada I

Feb 24, 2021

This was a fantasctic journey! Thank you Coursera, Postive Psychiatry and Mental Health team and to all the people that involved in this course. I learned so much valuable information along the way. Hope it is not the end.

By Irma V

The course is supported by clear and well done videos. All the teachers in the videos are very professional and experts in their field. The theory I was taught is very useful and it added value to my personal development.