Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

176 - 200 of 747 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Hashif M

Jun 11, 2020

One of the best online courses i have ever taken, comprehensive and detailed. It was incredible to learn from experts, academicians, doctors, clinicians, care givers and a wide array of experts.

Thank you !

By Rashmitha V

Had a very good learning experience.the video lectures and other study materials were very helful for me. had wonderful time in learning which helped me to improve my knowledge in my profession. thank you.

By Joy C

Aug 27, 2020

This course was wonderful! I learned so much and really believe I can apply some of this to my life and my daughter's. She's been struggling with Depression and I feel like I have some tools to help her.

By PREETI G

Jun 25, 2020

It is an excellent course for those who want to learn about the less discussed aspects of mental health. The content is lucid and all aspects of maintaining a proper mental health are well taken care of.

By Seema r

Dec 16, 2020

With this course i got positive response from my negative thoughts. It is very helpful in improving ones mental health. Videos and and lectures are well knit . It was very wonderful experience for me .

By Laura D

Apr 28, 2020

Absolutely spot on with all the subjects and materials. There are plenty of great sources and reading materials and it is just such a beautiful subject to learn no matter the work domain you're in.

By Rodolfo N R

Apr 16, 2019

Fue un curso bastante ilustrador, con gran exposición y claridad en los temas. Me deja un gran aprendizaje y seguramente profundizare en el conocimiento de la salud mental y la psicología positiva.

By Youngblood

Mar 14, 2021

I personally loved this course. Psychology really interests me, and I'm so happy I joined this course. I've learned so much about the human brain and how some things can affect us during our life.

By Shakkira M

Thankyou beloved Professors who had provided great information.I have learned much about person having mental illness and also learned how to give them a hand to take back into their normal lives.

By Michel A L J

Sep 18, 2020

Me ha gustado mucho, aprendí bastante sobre cosas que a veces no tomaba en cuenta y me divertí, ahora poder entender lo que viven muchas otras personas y como puedo ayudar a mi comunidad también.

By Julian L

Dec 16, 2020

This is an amazing course! For someone who is struggling or is knowledgeable in mental health, this course enables you to reflect and become more competent with mental health. Great experience!

By Laura G R

Sep 10, 2020

Lo recomiendo mucho, presentan información confiable, cuidar nuestra salud mental es muy importante hoy en día es por esto que obtener más información sobre el tema puede ser de gran beneficio

By Claudia F

Aug 20, 2019

I found this course very interesting and complete. I was be able to learn many ways of care my mental and physical life. Now, I have a new way of seeing people who suffer from mental illness.

By Vidhi D

Aug 17, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed learning about mental health and about ways to recover from it. I got to learn new things! The instructors were really very good at their job! I'm glad I completed this!

By Charity A

May 13, 2020

This course is so impactfull, i like to say a big thank you Coursera for this amazing content. I have gained some very good knowledge that I will carry with me in life by taking this course.

By Elena C

This course helped me determine the direction of my professional development. I am very grateful to its creators and all participants for the information provided. It is very useful. Thanks!

By Sevindj H

Nov 5, 2019

Very easy to understand course and materials very good prepared.

This course helped me to understand how recovery and treat from many psychological disorders and help others to be wellbeing

By Johan M M

Aug 21, 2020

It´s a very complete MOOC that includes a variety of interesting topics relating Psychology and Mental Health, highly recommended if trying to achieve wellbeing or improve your lifestyle.

By Pal P

Jun 12, 2020

I really enjoying tha course. And Interesting course,i haven't given mental health though over tha year,but after this course i learn lot of information and knowledge .thak you so much.

By RANJITH S B

Sep 12, 2020

it's a good course which helps u get knowledge of mental health and how to improve it and how to recover mental illness if one has and how to treat the fellow who has a mental illness

By Ruth M

Feb 14, 2021

Excellent course, I have learned a lot about how to take care of my mental health. I appreciate the time of all people who made this course possible.

Thank you for this wonderful gift.

By Celia S P M

Oct 23, 2019

Excelente curso para conocer más acerca de las enfermedades que pueden afectarnos de acuerdo a nuestros días, trabajos, traumas y nuestra respuesta de adaptación a cada uno de ellos.

By Angela K

Dec 28, 2020

I loved this course, videos, professors and the knowledge it gave me. I recommend it to anyone interested in Psychology, human beings in general and ourselves specifically.

Love it!

By Usra R

Jul 16, 2020

This is brief but detailed course on positive psychiatry. I learned the importance of mental health and how to keep it better by adopting simple yet healthy lifestyle and habits.