Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

76 - 100 of 769 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Aisha Z A A

Thank you so much, I enjoyed the course and I found it helpful. I would suggest adding a session about older adults' mental health and wellbeing. In the last session of Prof. Ian Hickie AM, he spoke about late-life problems cognitive decline and dementia and how this can be preventive by early intervention. Actually more information is needed about this particular topic.

By Abdullah A

Feb 7, 2021

It was so interesting and informative experience , a lots of resources ,experts in this field and experiments

I am strongly recommend to each one has interest in this field or need some tips for go over hard experience , or to know how to support some one with mental illness or for live more productively.

thank you a lot for the hard work to create that awesome MOOC

By Carlo R

Oct 13, 2020

Good learning material for someone who wants to know more about psychiatry and positive psychology. Plenty of theory as well as practical information. Very great course for people wanting to pursue a career in the field of intervention or professional as a psychiatrist, social worker or psychologist. Thank-you- the course is also well organised and structured.

By Ramkumar S

Feb 13, 2018

It fuses insights from positive psychology for a strengths based approach into recovery including work, family life, spirituality, exercise, creativity and other pursuits. Very engaging videos. Very useful and new approach in Psychiatry where patients are viewed as collaborators. Recommended if you are facing or know someone facing mental health issues

By Dario D

Aug 5, 2020

I found that the course on Positive Psychiatry is well structured! Video lectures are easy to follow, clearly presented and the quality of the content has met my expectations by far. This was my first encounter with the topic, and after course completion I feel motivated to investigate more about strategies that have been here overviewed. Excellent!

By Josy G

Mar 28, 2021

Amé el curso del principio al final. Tanta cosa que no había visto en la carrera de psicología lo he aprendido aquí. Gracias a los maestros que son unos expertos en el tema de la salud mental, gracias a cada uno por su aporte. Mañana quiero recordar de esta enseñanza al atender mis pacientes. Ustedes agregaron valor a lo que ya tenía conocimiento.

By Rehman E

Sep 25, 2019

Awesome course!

There is no only lectures: meetings with interesting persons, a lot of readings, videos, modern subjects, even 'mental healt' it is for us. Very useful in our everyday life. For me it is also good practice to my English skills especially in Psychiatry.

I totally recommend this course!

Really appreciate to the University of Sydney

By Eme C C

Oct 29, 2020

I have a lot of things learn when it comes to mental health, now I can impart it with my students and apply it in my own life, thank you to Dr. Ruby T. Llave who share the link for me to get enrolled here, to DOST Caraga Engr. Noel. M. Ajoc for facilitating, and University of Sydney for the expertise. Thank you so much more power and God bless!

By ajit n

Mar 20, 2021

Positive psychiatry and recovery from mental illness are a preventive and a treatment oriented approach respectively. I am glad to know that both are given importance in Australia and they have such wonderful modules to make people understand the concepts in depth.Thank you for the detailed information and making it learn from a holistic way.

By Shruti P

Jun 9, 2020

Very informative and fact based lectures. I learnt a lot about psychiatry and concepts related to it. As a Clinical Psychology and Counselling students, I can proudly say that this course will definitely benefit me in application/taking sessions and starting my own personal centre. Thank you all the team members and The University of Sydney.

By Sanjida S

Jun 13, 2020

Through this course I have learned to think positively and now I am in a much stable mental state. I feel confident again and I want others to feel the same. For that I will share all my learning with those around me. I can't thank all the instructions enough! Because of this course I've found hope that I will achieve better things in life.

By Wilsey G V M

Sep 5, 2020

By far, one of the best courses you can found in this plataform. Specify the positive mental health promotion, the main and most common mental disorders, how the consumer communities are, and there is a entire module/week dedicated to improve your physical health in order to improve you mental health. It is a necessary course for everyone.

By Nicola J

Jan 11, 2019

Very engaging and informative course in which I learnt various self-help techniques to contribute towards wellbeing and good mental health ie exercising, good nutrition etc. I also learnt much about the different types of mental health conditions and how they can be treated in a clinical setting. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Enrique o f

Feb 25, 2021

I was very happy with having done the course, it gave me different views about mental health problems, yes bin, it is not an in-depth study, it allows to know general elements of psychiatry, I especially value the testimonies and the holistic view of the treatments that not only target drugs but also alternative therapies. Thanks a lot.

By Shiby V

Oct 3, 2020

I really liked this course as it provided clear and concise information about mental health. Personally, the content in this course has helped me to look at the issues in my life with clarity and look for positive outcomes. A big thank you to all the contributors who made this course and Coursera to make this course available to us all.

By S. G C

Mar 27, 2021

First of all, I would like to thank everyone involved in this course.

In addition to having learned and understood many things, I think it is important to highlight the benefits it brings to the communities we are part of. Many things became clearer and it also helped me to define my own tasks and directions for the future. Thank you!

By Anoosha S Z

Oct 2, 2020

This is by far the best course I have taken here. You can see the hardwork and efforts put into making it available here. Comprehensive, informative and so helpful if you're a student of psychology like me. The instructors are knowledgeable, lectures are interesting and the peer reviewed assignments are engaging and thought provoking.

By Shelby W

Apr 10, 2020

This is a great course for anyone to take. Everyone will be in contact with a family member, coworker, or friend that have delt with or are dealing with mental health issues. This is a great course to gain some understanding of how to be a good support and how to lead them in the right direction to positive recovery. Awareness is Key!

By Gabriela C

Sep 12, 2020

The course is very good as an introductory course with diversified topics and multiple speakers. The reading are too basic but helpful. I would be more engaged with More complex challenging readings. I especially enjoyed the perspective that treats mental distress as a multidimensional problem instead of a Disintegrated limited view

By Sudhaharan T

It is absolutely an excellent course. the course content takes us through all the concept and treatments of positive mental health. The lectures of each module is taught with the experts of specific domain is an added positive side of it. i would strongly recommend this course to anyone who is keen to learn on positive metal health

By Katrina H

Dec 28, 2018

I loved how easy it was to find the information needed to complete the assesments. I enjoyed the fact that it was a self-directed course and that I could work at my own pace. I thoroughly enjoyed the course content and the way the video lectures were presented. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in this topic!

By Sophia K

Aug 14, 2020

great variety of resources to appeal to learners - perhaps a little more gamification?

I feel a little more prepared to support the people I care for, work with and myself in the area and to see positive psychiatry as being the aid to support metal wellbeing.

Thank you - I have enjoyed this course and would recommend it to others

By Zariah W

Sep 26, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. The videos and reading material were very imformative and interesting . This course educated me on the importance mental health has on the physical, emotional and mental state . I am very thankful for the opportunity to complete this course and I would encourage any and everyone to enroll.

By Jesu J I S

Aug 2, 2020

I learned a lot from this course especially about the useful techniques we can incorporate in our lives to improve our mental health. It made me more confident in my ability to take care of my mental health and that of others. It helped me realize that mental illness isn't something we should be afraid of or stigmatize.

By Olivia C

Jul 12, 2020

Excelente curso, muy completo y didáctico para abordar los distintos temas, aprendí muchisimo y los profesionales aportaron información muy valiosa y enriquecedora para tener un enfoque amplio sobre Psicología Positiva y Salud Mental. Lo recomiendo para los que esten interesados y quieran aprender más sobre esta área.