Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

76 - 100 of 526 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Olivia C

Jul 13, 2020

Excelente curso, muy completo y didáctico para abordar los distintos temas, aprendí muchisimo y los profesionales aportaron información muy valiosa y enriquecedora para tener un enfoque amplio sobre Psicología Positiva y Salud Mental. Lo recomiendo para los que esten interesados y quieran aprender más sobre esta área.

By Roxana T

Aug 12, 2020

The course provides a very accessible introduction to mental health, covering topics such as general well-being and mental disorders (symptoms and treatment). Overall, I think the course is reasonably well anchored in psychiatry research (the claims seem based on solid research) and the instructors were engaging.

By Ramona M

Jul 19, 2020

Fantastic course, consistent engagement between the instructor and the learner, video lengths to the point, pop up quiz and assessments were very constructive for the learner. Highly recommend this course to those who are interested in knowing more about Mental heath

Thank you Coursera and The University Of SYDNEY

By James W R

Mar 07, 2020

I started this course out of interest and as an adjunct to my work as a mediator. I quickly realised I was learning about matters society should know and understand. The course was easy to follow and to understand. I sincerely recommend this course to all seeking a better understanding of the society we live in.

By Alice A W

Jun 29, 2019

The information was condensed and very useful for anyone in a social line of work (like teaching). I feel better equipped to give students small steps to managing their stress, anxiety, or to learn when turn to mental health professionals. I also feel a sense of mental self awareness... which is encouraging.

By Jishana T

Jun 07, 2020

I am so glad to complete this course.I strongly thank my College teachers and Team Coursera to help me to complete this course.My college is EMEA COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE at kerala,India.

So I completed this course successfully and thank you to the mentors for changing my daily routine in to best one!

By Bram W

An excellent class that would benefit anyone!

I learned how a wide variety of activities, social connections, and a positive attitude can help not only an average person, but also how those dealing with a number of different mental issues.

Thanks University of Sydney and Coursera for offering this class!

By J H

Aug 29, 2020

Some transformative information on the benefits of positive psychology. This course has helped reframe my views on diagnosis & helped me see how positive psychology can help those with mental illness to live a much more productive life. I enjoyed the lectures and even the assignments. Thank you!

By Mary R S C S

Jul 05, 2020

I truly enjoyed learning from this course. It was both a refresher and a fresh new chapter of knowledge that I can use in my work and even in my personal life.I am very grateful to have the opportunity to learn from Australian experts who gave me a new and deeper perspective about Psychology.

By Shane M

As a mental Health Occupational Theapist i found this course fascinating to further my knowledge and education, along with consolidate and confirm my current practise. There was also an excellent array of external readings that helps broaden your knowledge of online resources. Thanks Uni Syd.

By MARÍA G F N

Jun 11, 2020

I am happy to have taken the course, I have learned and have fun doing it, at my own pace and the teachers are very clear in their explanations, it has been a pleasure to do it, I am already thinking of signing for the next course, thanks for sharing the knowledge and available to everyone.

By Emma L C

May 04, 2020

Very helpful introduction, covering basic concept of attachment very interesting along with the other modules, a great stepping stone to other courses in the field of psychology, but I prefered to start with the positive before the focusing on 'dysfunction' and diagnosis. Highly recommend.

By Peter N

Mar 29, 2020

The course was well presented and I learned a lot about what I can do for my own health. I would recommend it for people of thinking of going into the care business but also for people with mental health problems for coping strategies and for just seeing the world in a different light

By Neharika R

Aug 26, 2019

A very engaging, easily understandable, and meaningful course which introduced me to the concepts of positive psychiatry. Just the right balance between both theoretical and practical information. Highly recommended for those who believe in the "prevention" approach in mental health.

By Rose J

Aug 21, 2020

Thank you for this beautiful course which have helped me to see more of my opportunities and less of my shortcomings. This course have taught me the best lesson "anybody can recover from any mental problems if there is support from family and if given proper health care by experts".

By Yemie G

Feb 06, 2018

This is the first and the best course I took. The load is just right. It is very applicable. It has helped myself, my family and my circle of community. Hoping that more and more people will benefit from this course. Two thumbs up for Ms Sonia Kumar for organising this course.

By Maritza U N

Apr 27, 2020

I really love this course, it was a wonderful experience no just in the professional experience, besides in the personal level. It was an excellent tool to remember most important things that I learnt through the course of my bachelor degree in Social Psychology 10 years ago.

By DR.LALITHA P S

Aug 15, 2020

Thank you very much for your course. i am very happy to learn this course. it very easy and very informative. i enjoyed and learn a lot of this about mental health and mental illness. while learning time passes just flew like minutes. i once again deliver my thanks to you.

By Shaik S

Apr 15, 2020

Mandatory Course for Every one ..each one class relating our life in difficult situation how we over come . all the entire Module No boring .very interesting what they tell and applied who suffer this type of illness

My view this course is ..Who can grow Mentally they need

By Lisa K M

Feb 16, 2019

I think this course represents a magnificent opportunity to keep updated about psychiatric and psychology last researches and tendencies.

It`s structured and organized by weeks and assessments, so it`s easy to complete.

Definitely a great opportunity to keep learning!

By Claudia G

Apr 10, 2020

Great course. Very insightful and would be helpful to any person; in any profession and at any stage in their life. It helped me better understand myself and other people within my social and professional community. I'm very grateful I signed up for this course

By Ana P T G

Sep 04, 2020

Excelente curso, muy estimulante y de provecho, sobretodo si trabajas en área de la salud o convives con personas (o incluso tú mismo) que padecen de trastornos mentales, entiendes mejor no sólo la parte de la enfermedad, si no a las personas que las padecen.

By Sihara T D G

Jul 16, 2020

Since we all are human being we can not live alone by ourselves. We have to deal with different kind of persons with different kind of personalities. In my perspective this is one of better courses to follow to everyone who would like to explore new things.

By Angelo V V

Jun 02, 2020

I have no background at all when it comes to mental topics. This course enlightened me a loot about things i didn't know. I have a cousin who is mentally ill and now, I know better how to approach her because of Coursera. And for that, you have my thanks.

By Aissa S d M

Jul 05, 2020

Curso excelente! Sem dúvidas contribuiu muito para minha formação como estudante de medicina e interessada pela área da saúde mental. Obrigada por disponibilizarem conteúdos incríveis que permitem adotar uma nova perspetiva diante do sofrimento mental.