Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

ZH

Mar 26, 2019

There were a lot of things that I did not know and are common in our behaviors. There are some good strategies described that I have found helpful to cater for mental health issues.

1 - 25 of 82 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By marianna S T

Mar 28, 2019

I think people can make it more interesting. The videos are boring and the topics are kind of shallow

By Esthela F S

Aug 22, 2018

Es excelente y lo recomiendo para todos los enfoques de la psicologia, es bueno estar al tanto de la perspectiva humanista dentro de la psiquiatria y salud mental

By Shlok R S

Jul 17, 2019

This was an amazing course as I understood the concepts well. They seemed very interesting and it completely changed my mind.

By KANNIAH J

Jul 16, 2019

This is a very interesting subject to learn. Nothing can be more interesting than learning about human behaviors. Thank you for this wonderful course.

By Mustapha T

Jul 13, 2019

very good

By Michael

Jul 10, 2019

This is a fantastic resource for those suffer from depression, anxiety and other mental distresses. There are a number of perpsectives on mental health covered in the program, some I have only discovered through this course. The concepts are presented by pyschologists, pychiatrists and peoople who have suffered from mental distress. Information is presented in plain english and complex concepts are explained thoroughly. I have exprienced major depression and anxiety for the past 6 years, and only in the past 2 years have I been able to get the syptoms under control via medication. I have been trying to educate myself about my own mental health, and found that I would get lost in the sea of information available. This course provides a structured guide through some fairly complex topics, and found this to be the most benefitical part of the course. Thank you for putting this course together.

By Jekaterina

Jul 08, 2019

I found this course interesting and learned a lot of this subject. Thank you. ;)

By Kotamraju S P K

Jul 07, 2019

This course is suitable for all those who want to learn the basics of mental health. It covers all the major topics in a brief with a lot of additional resources linked. Thanks to creators!

By Christian D L P H

Jul 06, 2019

Teachers and Lectures are so awesome, it helps to improve and think the mental health from a different perspective.

By David A

Jun 30, 2019

has a lot of information that is easy to understand, having to deal with mental health myself this brings new light to what 'MENTAL HEALTH" acutal

By Alice A W

Jun 29, 2019

The information was condensed and very useful for anyone in a social line of work (like teaching). I feel better equipped to give students small steps to managing their stress, anxiety, or to learn when turn to mental health professionals. I also feel a sense of mental self awareness... which is encouraging.

By Robert B S M

Jun 23, 2019

Great course...well-designed and very informative.

By Sailesh S

Jun 22, 2019

This course really change my ability to make decision and my thinking .

By Rafael A L

May 13, 2019

n

i

c

e

By Carina A d O

May 08, 2019

Amazing course!!! I've learned so much from it!

By AnnaMarie M

May 07, 2019

The content of this course has been beneficial by presenting the various aspects of what positive psychiatry actually is and its effects on mental health. The material is useful, not only for those who are afflicted with varying conditions of mental health, but for personal self awareness and care. The take away for me is that I have been given tools to be more alert and cognizant of engaging in positive psychiatry.

By Hamid K

May 04, 2019

Fantastic

By Gözde D

May 02, 2019

Amazing!this course gave me motivation to a well being plan to myself.

By Michael H

Apr 30, 2019

This was a very informative and easy to understand course, full of expert tuition and shared first hand experience. Some further practical activities would be an improvement.

By Rodolfo N R

Apr 16, 2019

Fue un curso bastante ilustrador, con gran exposición y claridad en los temas. Me deja un gran aprendizaje y seguramente profundizare en el conocimiento de la salud mental y la psicología positiva.

By Godwin U

Apr 14, 2019

Exceptionally designed course with instructional videos that are both rich and comprehensive, covering all the relevant areas of positive psychology, psychiatry, mental health; and how to support those suffering from mental health challenges.

By Nattanicha Y

Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for a wonderful course! it's help me to understand more about mental health and very useful for everyone especially Mental health at workplace.

By Zaeem H