Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

LD

Apr 28, 2020

Absolutely spot on with all the subjects and materials. There are plenty of great sources and reading materials and it is just such a beautiful subject to learn no matter the work domain you're in.

126 - 150 of 252 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Marta K

Dec 20, 2019

it is a good course, but too much is unhealthy - we have generalization and everyone is different :-)

By Maziar S

Mar 11, 2018

Had a great time taking this course. I learned a lot and it was interactive. Thank you Dr. Sonia Kumar

By Ajay S

Apr 20, 2020

Very very interesting and useful for us to know how to care positively for people with mental illness

By Jitendra K K

May 16, 2020

I have learnt so many things about mental health. Interesting, Informative and insightful course.

By Aryesh A

Feb 17, 2020

I liked this course very much.I learned something new.I learned to live the life in a better way.

By Alexis R

May 06, 2020

Amazing course - topics were relevant, easy to understand, and presented in a favorable manner.

By María d C O R

Mar 18, 2019

¡Muy bueno! Enriquecedor y positivo.

Muchas gracias a la Universidad de Sidney y a los ponentes.

By Mónica C

Mar 26, 2020

Un curso demasiado bueno, que brinda diversos conocimientos y tips para garantizar en consulta

By Christopher C

Apr 10, 2018

Very helpful course for giving me insights on how to understand people with mental illnesses.

By Roshni K

Apr 14, 2020

Extremely helpful

has helped me reduce anxiety during this covid-19 lockdown

By Henri N

Aug 07, 2019

Tout simplement formidable.

Je recommande ce cours de haut niveau. Merci à toute l'équipe

By Elizabeth P

Mar 17, 2020

Very interesting. I didn't think I would enjoy psychiatry as much as I did. Thank you!

By Rait E

Nov 19, 2019

I got what I came for - what I came for was an introduction to mental health. Thank you.

By Aastha M

Apr 29, 2020

IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE. HIghly recommended!! THANKYOU EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU :)

By Pam W

Mar 10, 2020

Very interesting material. Was very useful to me in understanding my own conditions.

By Kosha G

May 14, 2018

great start for anyone wanting to learn about mental illnesses from the very roots.

By Marissa Y H

Feb 08, 2020

Awesome course and I've learned a lot about positive mental health and psychiatry.

By Assel B

May 13, 2020

One of the best courses on mental health.! Definitely recommend it to everybody.

By Claire D

Apr 14, 2020

Learned a lot of new skills and knowledge that I can apply in the working field!

By Jekaterina

Jul 08, 2019

I found this course interesting and learned a lot of this subject. Thank you. ;)

By Egon W

Jan 25, 2019

All in all a very good course giving a good overview about positive Psychiatry.

By Yaqeen S

Dec 25, 2018

Great course, wonderful content and lovely teachers. Enjoyed every bit of it.

By Jorim H

Dec 21, 2018

Very good course. They combine evidence and practices from different fields.

By salma w

Aug 03, 2019

A very useful course for a more thriving mental health. Highly recommended.

By Carla z l

May 15, 2020

de muy buen nivel técnico y científico , entrega conocimientos variados .