Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

126 - 150 of 579 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By SONJA V K

Dec 27, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much on modern approaches to treating and supporting people with mental health issues. It has been a real eye opener. Also I found the course very organized and professional.

By Olga B

Aug 26, 2020

I'm really grateful to the University of Sydney for making this amazing course. It changed my attitude towards anxiety and I acquired new healthy habits. Thanks to all professors who participated in the making of the course!

By Nicole H

Apr 27, 2020

I found this class very informative. Very helpful in my professional and personal environments. I feel some of the assignments were a little heavily graded. However, it just made me work harder. I would recommend this class.

By Irma V

The course is supported by clear and well done videos. All the teachers in the videos are very professional and experts in their field. The theory I was taught is very useful and it added value to my personal development.

By Mohammed A

Oct 31, 2019

Excellent knowledge and content, opened up a whole new way of learning and experience for me to be pursued.

Following my passion of fitness personal training now I am excited to learn more about mental health and wellness !

By Liceth M C D

Jun 24, 2020

Este es un curso que es totalmente adecuado para el fortalecimiento de conceptos sobre la psicología en general y la salud mental, aborda temáticas enriquecedoras, que sirven para la psicoeducacion sobre la salud mental.

By Anna G

May 06, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, it was well presented, accessible and engaging. I feel better equipped to understand and help manage a more positive work and living environment for myself, my family and my colleagues.

By Bassante M A S

Apr 10, 2020

I personally found this course very rich and up to date; I totally recommend it as it offers new ways to deal with mental health and wellbeing and has opened my eyes to fields I would love to explore more as a physician.

By Awshanay C

Jun 18, 2020

Great course that gives you a good general foundation on common and less common mental illnesses. The course teaches treatment and medication options as well as self-care techniques to deal with daily stress factors.

By Kateryna Z

Apr 25, 2020

I am completely satisfied with the course - its scope, topics,lectures, experts. A lot of additional material and sources are available for those who study the Course. Thanks to the University of Sydney and Coursera.

By Merella M M

Aug 29, 2020

Brilliant eye opener to bring awareness and knowledge about how susceptible anyone can be to Mental Health issues, and the importance + need of Positive psychiatry and Wellbeing in the path of Mental health recovery

By Peter V

Oct 28, 2019

This has been a highly informative course that afforded me valued insight and experience that will benefit me in future growth within my practice.

Thank you for your professionalism and integrity.

Kind regards

Pete

By Anette I

Oct 02, 2020

This course is super amazing! They helped me to understand more about mental health and giving me the new perspective --the positive one. I would definitely using this information throughout my life. Thank you!

By Glarmina P

Aug 16, 2020

Wonderful course with excellent modules compiled meaningfully to reach positive mental health for the learners.Essential readings are excellent to gain more understanding regarding psychiatry and mental health.

By Michelle T M

Sep 28, 2020

Excelente curso, ahora tengo un panorama totalmente distinto y se como sobre llevar distintas situaciones, a su vez, ayudar a otras personas y además comprenderlas, no cabe duda que la información da poder.

By Hashif M

Jun 11, 2020

One of the best online courses i have ever taken, comprehensive and detailed. It was incredible to learn from experts, academicians, doctors, clinicians, care givers and a wide array of experts.

Thank you !

By Rashmitha V

Had a very good learning experience.the video lectures and other study materials were very helful for me. had wonderful time in learning which helped me to improve my knowledge in my profession. thank you.

By Joy C

Aug 27, 2020

This course was wonderful! I learned so much and really believe I can apply some of this to my life and my daughter's. She's been struggling with Depression and I feel like I have some tools to help her.

By PREETI G

Jun 25, 2020

It is an excellent course for those who want to learn about the less discussed aspects of mental health. The content is lucid and all aspects of maintaining a proper mental health are well taken care of.

By seema r

Aug 04, 2020

With this course i got positive response from my negative thoughts. It is very helpful in improving ones mental health. Videos and and lectures are well knit . It was very wonderful experience for me .

By Laura D

Apr 28, 2020

Absolutely spot on with all the subjects and materials. There are plenty of great sources and reading materials and it is just such a beautiful subject to learn no matter the work domain you're in.

By Samriddhi G

Aug 20, 2020

Good concepts, brilliantly explained, very extensive and insightful videos and reading material. You will take back with you all the necessary teachings around positive psychiatry from this course.

By Rodolfo N R

Apr 16, 2019

Fue un curso bastante ilustrador, con gran exposición y claridad en los temas. Me deja un gran aprendizaje y seguramente profundizare en el conocimiento de la salud mental y la psicología positiva.

By Shakkira M

Thankyou beloved Professors who had provided great information.I have learned much about person having mental illness and also learned how to give them a hand to take back into their normal lives.