Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

151 - 175 of 571 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Laura G R

Sep 10, 2020

Lo recomiendo mucho, presentan información confiable, cuidar nuestra salud mental es muy importante hoy en día es por esto que obtener más información sobre el tema puede ser de gran beneficio

By Claudia F

Aug 21, 2019

I found this course very interesting and complete. I was be able to learn many ways of care my mental and physical life. Now, I have a new way of seeing people who suffer from mental illness.

By Vidhi D

Aug 17, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed learning about mental health and about ways to recover from it. I got to learn new things! The instructors were really very good at their job! I'm glad I completed this!

By CHARITY A

May 13, 2020

This course is so impactfull, i like to say a big thank you Coursera for this amazing content. I have gained some very good knowledge that I will carry with me in life by taking this course.

By Elena C

This course helped me determine the direction of my professional development. I am very grateful to its creators and all participants for the information provided. It is very useful. Thanks!

By Sevindj H

Nov 05, 2019

Very easy to understand course and materials very good prepared.

This course helped me to understand how recovery and treat from many psychological disorders and help others to be wellbeing

By Johan M M

Aug 21, 2020

It´s a very complete MOOC that includes a variety of interesting topics relating Psychology and Mental Health, highly recommended if trying to achieve wellbeing or improve your lifestyle.

By Pal P

Jun 12, 2020

I really enjoying tha course. And Interesting course,i haven't given mental health though over tha year,but after this course i learn lot of information and knowledge .thak you so much.

By RANJITH S B

Sep 12, 2020

it's a good course which helps u get knowledge of mental health and how to improve it and how to recover mental illness if one has and how to treat the fellow who has a mental illness

By Celia S P M

Oct 23, 2019

Excelente curso para conocer más acerca de las enfermedades que pueden afectarnos de acuerdo a nuestros días, trabajos, traumas y nuestra respuesta de adaptación a cada uno de ellos.

By Usra R

Jul 16, 2020

This is brief but detailed course on positive psychiatry. I learned the importance of mental health and how to keep it better by adopting simple yet healthy lifestyle and habits.

By Avinash K

Jun 14, 2020

I never thought of being so much nice to present a helpful and supportive content about the most delicate topic mental health. That was nice to learn throughout whole the course.

By Jessica I R M

Sep 15, 2020

Very helpful and easy to understand! I loved this course, it was very eye opening about the many tips and ways i can help others to recover from any trauma or anxiety disorders

By Andrea N

Apr 08, 2020

Useful, enhancing and informative. It has had a positive impact on my life and has helped me to know how to support my loved ones with their mental issues. Totally recommended.

By Christian M F

Jun 15, 2020

Interesting, structured and organized. Provides many resources to strengthen our mental health. Today the course has much more value because of the situation we are living in.

By Luciano A

Jun 26, 2020

An incredible course, I really liked it. It explains in a easy way the basic components of wellbeing and mental health, it helped me a lot during a difficult part in my life.

By Annie l R

Aug 03, 2020

it was an wonderful experience learning the course and i really enjoyed learning ..and .acquired vast amount of knowledge in psychiatry and thankyou for updating my brain.

By Santosh T

May 13, 2020

This course is very helpful to me to understand and help my employees. Way of identifying and then treating them will really help me to be a better person and a better HR.

By Erzsebet R

Jul 28, 2020

Great Course, with lots of valuable information, speakers, resources. I absolutely enjoyed learning with them. Thank you for making it available in free version as well.

By Neel M L

Sep 23, 2020

This course is purposeful, nicely structured and helpful. I have learnt many new aspects of mental health. The lectures are very engaging and the resources are helpful.

By Macarena S F

Apr 24, 2020

It's a very useful course that give people the oportunity to learn about mental health and techniques that can be useful to aply on your personal life or to help others

By Marina K

Oct 12, 2020

Great course, very educational and thought provoking! It helps you build resilience and flourish in your everyday life; it teaches you how to help yourself and others!

By Hussam A K

Dec 17, 2017

very interesting and rich course.. a lot of supplementary readings and materials.

special gratitude to Dr. Sonia KUMAR for her kindness and presence to help learners!

By Sumanam S V

Sep 18, 2020

The course was really helpful to understand Human nature and struggles that people face around us. Also very clearly explained how can we support people around us.

By ELENA F V

Sep 12, 2020

Exceptional source of information, extraordinary professors. I enjoyed and learnt so much. Thank you, University of Sydney and Coursera, for an excellent course.