Back to Programming Fundamentals

Programming Fundamentals, Duke University

About this Course

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

By AM

Apr 08, 2019

Really great course. Took this as a refresher. I feel that the content of this course was significantly higher quality than the programming tuition I received in first semester of university.

By MM

Dec 27, 2017

Well worth it! Hated it in the beginning, couldn't wrap my head around the algorithms, but the course studies helped, kept reading, watching the videos, FINALLY got it!\n\n100% can recommend!

178 Reviews

By Anand Kumar shaw

Apr 19, 2019

Thank you Coursera and duke University to make me knowledgeable in this field.

By SOURADEEP THAKUR

Apr 18, 2019

Amazing course

By Isha Satapathy

Apr 17, 2019

Each task was very informative, and everything felt as though it had a purpose. The videos were easy to follow, and I actually learned something from taking the quizzes instead of feeling as though I was just regurgitating information. This was a pretty great course!

By ANTONIO PICHARDO GONZÁLEZ

Apr 16, 2019

Very Good

By Munnsi Afif Aziz

Apr 13, 2019

Its very good and cover all the concepts clearly and in order

By 叶林楷

Apr 12, 2019

The faulty is very professional and patient to solve my doubts. I am very honored to be educated by them.

By Simon Shahin

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks a lot, Andrew, Genevieve, and Anne; the course has been very informative and mind-opening--it has also whetted my appetite to learn more about the topic.

Thanks and best of regards in your endeavours!

By Mariam Sokurashvili

Apr 09, 2019

I would like to know more general things like how programming works, how frameworks, libraries work and so on.

By Arthur Mencke

Apr 08, 2019

By Vivek

Apr 07, 2019

A decent and a basic course