Back to Project Launch

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Launch by University of California, Irvine

Today’s fast track business and global environment emphasizes increasing project development efficiency while using fewer resources. This course shows you how to accomplish exactly this. Learn how to justify and select projects, and how stakeholders can influence projects. Identify the requirements necessary for defining project scope and create a list of tasks necessary to accomplish that scope. Create effective communication plans and assign responsibilities. Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of project planning through the use of scheduling software. Establish project requirements, objectives, and goals before defining the total project scope using a work breakdown structure (WBS). You’ll have the opportunity to apply what you learn to a case study that brings together the key elements of launching a project....

AT

Jan 15, 2018

The content is well constructed, and the professor is very engaged in the success of the students. There are a few technical glitches that need to be cleaned up given the cost of the course.

JH

Apr 20, 2018

This was an excellent introduction to project management launch techniques and tools. It takes into consideration the difference between doing an exercise to de

26 - 29 of 29 Reviews for Project Launch

By Rachel P

Sep 10, 2019

I would have found this more valuable if the project management scenarios were more relatable. I had difficulty translating complex IT implementation and construction scenarios into project plans for my assignments given my lack of knowledge in these industries.

By Ryan K

Apr 26, 2018

The course is incredibly redundant and could probably be condensed even further. That being said, the redundancy is effective in that you walk away from the course very comfortable with the process for launching projects.

By Steven G

Jul 08, 2019

The course does a good job in presenting the content and learning objectives to the student. However, there are two things that drew concern from me when I was taking this course, thus the 3-star rating:

1) The course crams too much within one week, especially when it comes to the assignments. I often find myself rushing to complete the material rather than attempting to understand what I am doing. I wouldn't mind of the material was spread over a longer period of time to allow us to better digest the information.

2) The transition between the personal project and the restaurant case study could've been organized better. The course has us switching between the two each week, which makes it difficult to keep track of what is happening in each case. Had we completed all the necessary Project Launch documents for the restaurant case study first, I would've felt better doing a big assignment at the final week, where we redo all the same documents but for our personal project instead.

By Lauren R

Oct 19, 2017

Practical information, but I wish we would have the ability to create our own material for the assignments rather than using the school templates. The pace was also a bit slow for my liking. I would recommend to combine with Project Planning course, but then create a separate course for Agile PM.