Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

851 - 868 of 868 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Christopher G

Aug 5, 2020

Most labs were just copy and paste exercises. Final project didn't have enough feedback from Qwiklabs to troubleshoot -- there was one checkpoint that basically said "Something is wrong". Finishing required copy/pasting data into a .csv file that is used nowhere else in the rest of the project.

By JAIN K

Sep 8, 2020

Due to some reason,I was not able to complete the course in given time period so I reset my deadline but all my assignment got locked. Also I review the article related to this but it didn't help. So please unlock all the assignment :(

By Frank E

Dec 30, 2020

This course was terrible. Just terrible. If you want to take this course, either learn Python and BASH first and then take this course or plan on spending a LOT of time researching how to do what you are asked, but never taught.

By Ernesto V

Apr 22, 2021

I cannot end this course due to an issue with Qwiklabs.

It seems to be an error in Qwiklabs, but there is not a solution yet.

The error has been documented by email directed to support@qwiklabs.com.

By man c y

Lab fails already in the first wk which many candidates got the same issue as it is a setting problem of the lab. so disappointed with "Google" branded training, again, I will quit this course

By Chasity M

Mar 18, 2020

Lacking a lot of knowledge in fundamental language explanations and presentation required to pass exams. Only some seemed to be present.

By Amr A

Mar 17, 2020

complete wast of money and time laps session are not running properly no support Coursera should issue me a refund

By Thinesh T H

Jun 5, 2020

Very basic. and not related to Python..

Lots of content not related to Practical Python usage nor OS level setup..

By Swarnim A (

May 5, 2021

quite difficult for beginners

Main problem, if you don't find interesting you can not Un-enroll

By Jeremy J

Jul 21, 2020

There is no help, the Tests are not at all related to the courses thought. Can't continue!

By Dario C

Aug 17, 2020

Focused solely on Linux. The Lab grading system is terrible. Otherwise a great course :)

By Mohamed A M

Apr 5, 2021

Lots of blabla ...not straight to the point...boring

By Elmo C

Apr 24, 2021

This course is nothing! The lab sucks!

By Sachin S