Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees, University of Minnesota

About this Course

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

By SB

Sep 08, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

By WS

May 29, 2017

This course took me longer than I wanted coz of my work but I'm proud to say I learnt a lot about on-boarding and interviewing staff. Thank you very much Amy and your team and my fellow students.

199 Reviews

By woody lacava

Feb 06, 2019

Fabulous course! learned a great deal about recruiting and love the additional onboarding info which is so vital to the organization but its seldom not enforced successfully which is really detrimental to the business overall.

By Karmen Mkhitaryan

Feb 05, 2019

Amazing course! Very informative and useful! It develops skills and confidence in interviewing new team members, understanding the whole selection process, as well as onboarding new hires. Thanks for the opportunity.

By Irina M Safiullina

Feb 04, 2019

Very helpful

By Mario L. Vazquez

Jan 29, 2019

Great information for new HR professionals and a refresher for all others.

By Aishwarya V

Jan 28, 2019

Very much effective and useful

By Rathu Bambarandage Dimesh Kaushan

Jan 15, 2019

Very good nice simple lectures.

By Ahmed Mohamed GHAZI AHMED

Jan 08, 2019

The on-boarding part needs to be more thorough

By Hesham Sayed Ibrahiem