Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees, University of Minnesota

About this Course

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

By SB

Sep 08, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

By WS

May 29, 2017

This course took me longer than I wanted coz of my work but I'm proud to say I learnt a lot about on-boarding and interviewing staff. Thank you very much Amy and your team and my fellow students.

189 Reviews

By MAURICIO COLLALTO TONI

Dec 09, 2018

Excellent content, and explanation. This course makes the student much more confident to the HR in genneral. Even there are some different issues thata changes from a country to other, the content is very good. Thank you Mrs. Amy, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Christopher Zellner

Dec 09, 2018

This was a great overview for very critical components of the organizational hiring process. I really enjoyed the learning.

By RAHUL JHA

Dec 03, 2018

very interesting and amazing course provided by coursera. I love the way all the instructor were teaching. I have learnt a lot of things through online videos and the assignment i have done as a homework. It increased my productivity as well as change my way of thinking towards Hiring process.

By Muhammad Wajid Khan

Dec 01, 2018

Well i am here to complete the all courses which are included in specification. I must say every teacher has his/her own style which i liked. I learn many things from this course which surely help me in Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees. Special thanks to course instructors and all those who make this possible.

By Rebekah Neely

Nov 26, 2018

I loved Professor Amy Falink! Her examples in lecture discussions were helpful in learning new information. She really made me think outside the box when it comes to the importance of recruiting and onboarding!

By Rajeev Bakshi

Nov 26, 2018

very Informative

By Abubakar Ahmed Ndakene

Nov 22, 2018

Very well packaged..Amy should learn to speak louder though. *winks

By Adil Roman

Nov 11, 2018

I have good experience with this course.

By Tania Dyer-Smith

Nov 04, 2018

Provided a great deal of information relating to the recruiting, onboarding and hiring processes.

By Nienke Tjoelker

Oct 31, 2018

I liked the personal touch of the instructor and the material taught was solid.