Back to Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design by University of Michigan

It used to be the case that everyone viewed webpages on about the same size screen. But with the explosion of the use of smartphones to access the Internet, the landscape of design has completely changed. People viewing your site will now expect that it will perform regardless of the platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer). This ability to respond to any platform is called responsive design. This course will expand upon the basic knowledge of CSS3 to include topics such as wireframes, fluid design, media queries, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap. After the course, learners will be able to: ** Explain the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase ** Create sites that behave across a range of platforms ** Utilize existing design frameworks such as Bootstrap This is the fourth course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on adding interactivity with the JavaScript Programming Language and completing a capstone project....

MA
Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Learn a lot of things. And find that in web designing good practices are more important. I have to read articles, blog to update my knowledge and to learn new things.

TM
Sep 25, 2019

Well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow course with great exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn responsive web design.

601 - 625 of 706 Reviews for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

By Sebastian R B

Apr 5, 2016

Excellent course for anyone who wants to make sure their webpage works on different devices.

By Aseem M

May 4, 2020

I think if peer-graded assignments will NOT be optional, this course will be much better.

By Phillip S

Mar 17, 2021

course and content okay; peer eval material and requirements confusing and chaotic.

By Krishant R

Sep 26, 2020

it's very good to get familiar with all the basics stuff andget a great headstart

By TATENDA Y G

Jun 4, 2016

I think for me this is a walk over. [as at 4 June 2016 ie week 1 of the course]

By Deirdre R

Nov 14, 2017

Good introduction to the basics of incorporating Bootstrap into your web pages.

By Dhanya

Sep 24, 2016

Gave me base for Responsive Design and an excellent introduction to BootStrap3.

By sadhana k

Dec 19, 2019

It enhance my skill of design, it helps a lot for me to design my website..

By Abhishek V

Jul 3, 2021

The course is nice for beginners. But I hope the content get updated soon.

By Kinga S

Aug 9, 2016

Good intro to Responsive Design, although the homeworks could be harder.

By Vishnu T

Dec 20, 2020

Nice course for beginners who want to understand CSS and bootstrap

By Jenny Y

May 23, 2019

mostly great course to your foundation. Apart from bootstrap part.

By AQUIB Z

Jul 10, 2020

A brilliant course to get you started on responsive web design.

By Siddique Z A

Nice experience with this responsive specialization course.

By Rafal W

Jul 21, 2016

I would add some "flexgrid" to the course, aside bootstrap.

By Vamsi K

Jul 5, 2016

Very good introductory course to responsive web design

By Adrian L

Aug 23, 2018

It´s good , but need to update it to bootstrap 4

By Shreevatsa B

Nov 9, 2016

Thanks for providing this wonderful course..

By Mohammad w k

Jul 9, 2020

i have good experience on this platform.

By mamun s

Feb 5, 2019

Simple but clear, very helpful to me.

By Nicholas J

Apr 22, 2016

Not as difficult as I was hoping for.

By Kanupriya I

May 9, 2020

More hands on videos would be nice.

By Vinay J

Jan 22, 2017

Nice and easy course for beginners.

By Nafisa K

Jul 28, 2020

should replace it with bootstrap 4

By Javier G G

Jun 19, 2020

I would put more practice examples