Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

251 - 275 of 1,855 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Anu D

Aug 3, 2020

This is one of the most informative and educational courses that I have taken so far. I would like to sincerely thank Prof. Kristin Sainani (n e Cobb) for such a comprehensive writing course in such a concise and organized format. I enjoyed the course and plan to use all my learning for writing articles in the sciences.

By Thirumurugan V

Being a non-native English speaker, this is my first online certificate course. Dr. Kristin Sainani becomes one of my favorite teachers. I felt like my language teacher in school, teaching a beautiful story. The way she talks and her edit makes me remember "Writing in the Sciences" whenever I thought of writing. Respect!

By Ana O M L

Jun 7, 2019

I am really thankful for the opportunity of being a student in this course. I have no words to say how much I learned and how it will be usefull in my carreer. Everything is great - the material, professor, interviews... I recommend this course for all those who wanna learn how to write better and also improve yourself.

By André P

May 1, 2019

This course is amazing. I would definitely appreciate a statistics or any other course professor Sainani offered in this platform. The themes are very relevant to academic writing in sciences. The logical organization flows naturally. I recommend this to undergraduate/graduate students seeking to improve their writing.

By Es-soufi H

Aug 7, 2020

Hi Stanford team and Coursera team,

I hope you are doing well. I found this course very helpful. I'm a reviewer for scientific articles and I'm planning to a writer medical. Before, I thought that the writing medical is very difficult! But by this, I became able to the initiative for writing medical.

Best regards, Hicham

By yezifangfan

Mar 19, 2019

I think this course is quite useful for beginners, especially those who start to write some scientific papers. Although I had some experiences in writing journal articles, what I learnt from the course really changes most of my ideas in writing, and also recearching. Thanks to all the teachers and the AMAZING COURSERA!

By Agnieszka K

May 7, 2021

I feel very satisfied after course accomplishement. It completely changed my point of view for writing. Now I believe that writing science text will be more efficient. Kristin Sainani is a great tutor - she provides many tips, examples and talks with experts. She inspired me a lot - I really appretiate her attitude.

By Ajitha N K

Jan 16, 2021

A very good course which enabled me to gain valuable insights to writing and communicating ideas. Many of the tips given were not at all addressed in the course of my previous studies . So I have got valuable information and was able to practice editing and paraphrasing too. Good work and Best wishes !

By Taddele K

Oct 28, 2020

This is wonderful training; the presentation style and the clarity of the concepts are some of the most important quality of this training. The real examples used are very relevant to the topics. This training improved my writing and editing of published articles. Thank you very much for the amazing training.

By Hasan S

Sep 16, 2020

It is the great course, I have done until now. It is a highly recommended course. It let me what scientific writing is. Also how to write introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion. This course will let you practice what you learn. So take this course and recommend it to your friends as well.

By Marek W

Jun 20, 2020

This is a very useful training in Academic Writing which provides real examples in a student-friendly manner. I highly recommend this course and I can only regret that it is an on-line course which does not allow for the interaction with the trainer as I would love to have my samples of writing graded by her.

By Kyaw M T

Aug 5, 2021

Clear, concise and very engaging course. I've learned so many things I didn't know about from this course. This course teach not only writing in sciences, but also seeing, thinking and doing in sciences. Thank you so much Dr. Kristin Sainani for opening my eyes and letting me see the new world.

Best regards,

By Saarah H

Oct 7, 2020

I have recommended this course to so many people. A wonderful way to learn new skills, practise what you know and earn an achievement to go with it. I found the last three weeks to be the most beneficial. Apart of me wants to do the course all over again. Please, enrol in this course, you will not regret it!

By emer b

Aug 19, 2020

Wonderful course. There is so much to savour from these lectures and think it would do me no harm to do this course again. Simplicity and clarity and precision is really the key to beautiful scientific writing and I'm determined following this to work to incorporate writing/editing into my career. Thank you.

By Anish S

Apr 29, 2020

This is a very useful course for any health professional with a research career. It not only taught me specifics about different forms of writing in scientific literature, but also provided me with confidence to build a strong research background. I sincerely thank Dr. Kristin for this wonderful opportunity.

By Rick L

May 13, 2018

I consider this course to be the best. I had done three writing courses under edX online, but they are not so focused as this. I especially love the two sessions, writing for the lay audience, and writing science news, I am superbly glad I did,. Thanks very much to Dr. Kristin S. for this wonderful course.

By Janani S

Oct 31, 2020

I highly recommend this course for anyone, in or out of academia, who is looking to improve their writing. You learn how to make your writing engaging and lively. Apart from writing help, the course includes interviews with top journal editors, basics of academic publishing, and tips for grant applications.

By Mary D

Aug 21, 2020

Excellent course. Very well designed and engaging. I loved the application of skills and the helpful

examples. The guest speakers were very informative. I feel much more confident to write papers and to present scientific findings to a lay audiences. Thank you very much for the wonderful gift of this course.

By Mc D L

Jul 18, 2020

This made me fall in love with writing and science more. I am forever grateful to Dr. Kristin. She has been a great instructor. Thanks, too, to those included in this online course - especially the Standford University. More power to you all and stay safe from COVID. Sending my love you from Philippines. <3

By Jyoti .

Jun 1, 2020

'Writing in the Sciences' is a must-do course for young budding scientists. It clears some of the unknown myths of scientific writing together with providing best tips and tricks for publishing it. The course outline is very well organized. I loved how Dr Kristin Sainani explained things in an engaging way.

By Dhara S

Sep 19, 2020

I loved this course! Dr. Sainani is really great at explaining how to write for different forms of medical writing and it really helped improve my writing to target the correct audience! I 100% recommend this course and think it's a great start for anyone interested in the field of writing in the sciences.

By Parimal C B

Jun 28, 2020

Learning "Writing in the Sciences" has helped me to move further in my writings. Dr. Kristin Sainani has been an excellent and wonderful coach; she made the course simpler for us to digest. Overall it is an awesome course. I would recommend it to those who wants to learn or improve writing in the sciences.

By Marta G

Jun 19, 2020

I have learned how to write fast and be productive. I trained myself to cut the clutter from clauses. Now, I can edit more successfully, as well as avoid unnecessary scientific jargon. Thank you to Dr. Kristin Sainani for such engaging classes and an enormous amount of valuable details all in one course.

By Fabian R

Sep 15, 2020

Thanks to Kristin for this enjoyable course. It is the second time that I take it. The first was four years ago, and I didn't know if this will be different and better. How can will be possible?. My surprise is that the course was excellent, with new examples and topics. I was delighted to enroll in it.

By Jennifer W

This was a really useful course, full of skills to help make my writing more engaging without dumbing it down (for other scientists and for the public). Dr Sainani is an excellent lecturer, and the content of the modules has been exactly what I needed to take my science writing to the next level. Thanks!