Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

226 - 250 of 1,962 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Ravi T

Feb 23, 2020

i like this course very much. I learn lot of new things form this course and i also appreciate the work done by various personnel & way of delivering the lectures. I think this course is very interesting and worthy for all the graduate, PG & PhD students. I'm very thankful to Stanford University for providing opportunity for such type of education.

By gitanjali r

Mar 18, 2018

Very good course for not only aspiring scientists but for everyone who writes. Before doing this course I did not realize how much unnecessary things we write. This course has taught me to be an effective writer. Thank you Stanford University and specially Dr. Kristin Sainani for being an amazing teacher.

Thanks to Coursera for bringing this course.

By Vitor L d O S

Jun 9, 2020

This course is, by far, one of the best I ever take in Coursera. Everyone should do it!

Not only is the instructor amazing, but the structure, activities and organization of the course are excellent!

By the way, the course is from the Stanford Department of Medical Sciences, but the instructor also presents many examples of physics, statistics, etc.

By Nader A

Nov 19, 2017

I really do not know how can I thank Dr. Kristin Sainani. this course taught me a lot of things. And it was wonderful. Dr. Sainani, has explained the topics with a great excitement and enthusiasm that motivates the trainer to follow the course. I wish all the best for her. Her course totally changed my attitude about writings and scientific texts.

By Tahlia P

May 4, 2021

This course was excellent. It equips you with the building blocks to construct the Burj Khalifa of manuscripts! I greatly enjoyed the structure, templates, tips and general confidence conveyed across multiple variations of scientific writing. Soft deadlines by Coursera are also extremely appreciated for clinicians squeezing these into spare time.

By Limor K

Nov 30, 2017

Excellent course! it's the first time I had the opportunity to learn all these important writing roles in an organised method. The practice exercise give the chance to take the knowledge one step forward. Thank you so much for all this effort with making such an in-depth course!, I'm sure it will be very useful for my current and future studies.

By Sampoorna R

Dec 19, 2019

A very helpful course that gives you a broad idea of the different types of 'writing' you can expect to do in science. It's easy to follow and the assignments are challenging enough that you learn without feeling too stretched beyond your means. You will need to bring a love for language and a desire to communicate. Everything else is provided.

By Sanjib K

Sep 30, 2021

Thank you so much Dr. Kristin and Coursera for bringing such an amazing course. It is one of the best online courses that I ever took in my life. Dr. Kristin is talented and cares so much about minor details. It has given me skills that will be useful lifelong. I highly recommend everyone to take this amazing course. Once again, thanks a lot!!

By Fatima H

Feb 6, 2021

This was the best course I ever did. I learnt so much through this course that I feel confident I will be able to write , edit and peer review manuscripts with much enhanced capability and correctness. Thanks to Prof. Sainani for conducting it so wonderfully and making it so interesting. I hope to pick up a part-time job in Scientific editing.

By Kyla N

Apr 15, 2018

I love how Dr. Kristin Sainani addresses each topic. She has a great attitude towards helping learners and lots of examples to back up her recommendations.

I would have liked to see more tips regarding composition; the ones she gives are very useful. She also talks about the 'order' of writing a manuscript - I found this particularly helpful.

By Talgat

Oct 12, 2019

Здравствуйте, курс для меня был очень полезным, лекции, задания для самостоятельного выполнения, интервью с известными учеными все было на высоком уровне и доступно для понимания. Большое спасибо преподавателю за качественный и профессиональный курс. Буду всем рекомендовать его. И постараюсь хорошо применять полученные благодаря курсу знания.

By Alhassan U

Sep 27, 2021

I have taken courses on writing previously but this present one by Sandford University is rich and encompasses all the basics needed. I have to pause my thesis writing to take the course because of its contents, style of teaching, and reputation of the university. I now feel confident to continue writing my thesis and research papers. Cheers

By J P M

Jan 4, 2021

Amazing instructor and course content. The importance of effective communication in the scientific world is underrated. I think this is one of the few courses that highlights and demonstrates the importance of effective scientific communication. I think it boosted my confidence in writing science for the scientific as well as lay audience. .

By Thị H L N

May 27, 2021

This course gave me a lot of wonderful thing. Because I am not a native English, this course is not easy for me but I learnt the way to express and writing in English. Not just that, I need a critical thinking and complete my first science writing and this course was meaning to me. Thank you teacher Dr Kristin Sainani for everything you did

By Jissa J

Dec 5, 2019

I am glad to say this course was an accomplishment. A well crafted course that covers a broad spectrum of things under writing in the sciences. I loved every module and the numerous examples and anecdotes shared by the instructor. Not to mention the extremely though through assessments. Wish i had the time to complete the honor assignments.

By Ali A G

Apr 6, 2020

I enjoyed and would highly recommend my peers to opt for this course. This course changed my perspective on writing and I thank our instructor, Dr. Kristin Sainani, who taught us in such an engaging manner. I like that there were presentations and interviews shared to help individuals understand the concepts. Overall, it is a great course!

By Theodoros K

Dec 24, 2018

Amazing course for rookies and experts on writing proper research papers, but also all kinds of other writings, such as Letters of Recommendation, Personal Statement, reviewing articles etc.

I don't have any past experience with writing research papers, and I believe this course gave me all the necessary how to's.

Thank you very very much!

By Katarzyna F

Aug 22, 2021

L​OVED this course. On point with everything one needs to know for writing better in the sciences. I never thought learning about grammer could be so interesting. Watching Dr. Sainani edit papers was like watching a magician work. If she had a youtube channel just editing papers, I'd be mesmerized for hours. I would take the course again!

By Kristina D

Jun 18, 2020

Great course! I really enjoyed the tips for good writing - can't wait to put them into practice! The best part is that there are plenty of examples illustrating the rules of good writing, so one can get a good idea of how to write. The time spent for Twitter and Facebook presentation of scientific information was a little bit much though.

By Ibrahim N

Mar 17, 2020

Excellent course! It was the first time when I studied academic writing, someone showed real practical tasks and exercises to perform and teach academic writing. I appreciate this effort. Kristin Sainani is among the best course instructors I have come up with Coursera courses! Totally recommend if you aspire to learn writing in sciences.

By Priyanka K

Mar 5, 2020

Thank you very much for providing this course.

It was really an amazing learning experience. All the necessary content was clearly explained and the entire course was well organised with suitable examples. I really appericiate the efforts taken to make the content so perfect that everything was conveyed very well. Thanks a lot once again.

By Franklin L

Jun 7, 2020

Terrific course! Though I considered myself a strong writer before the class, Dr. Sainani exposed me to strategies and tips that I never learned during my undergraduate biology coursework. The course exposed how poorly scientific papers are written and how bad grammar can lead even the most experienced readers astray. Thank you so much.

By Maria L B

Mar 18, 2019

Writing in the Sciences course will give you a really good notion about writing an article, grants and other documents that are present in the scientists day-to-day life. I am a portuguese native speaker and for me the tips gave in the course were really straighfoward and they will certainly help me a lot. I really recomend this course.

By Kevin L S

May 6, 2018

Professor Sainani does a great job highlighting the most important parts of writing for the sciences. This course has been very helpful in improving my skills as I now have the basics to begin developing my goals in writing and what areas I need the most improvement in. I recommend this course for anyone interested in science writing.

By Lisa H

Mar 16, 2018

The best writing online course since long time! It gave me new and relevant insights on scientific optimized writing, and much more! Thank you Stanford University and warm regards to the best professor a foreigner as me (Italian:-) could ever desire: Kristin Sainani.

Hope to enroll soon in another course in line with this one!

Lisa Halfon