Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

SD

Feb 26, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

T

Feb 01, 2019

The course is so informative that I think everyone should take a try. It provides us a fundamental elements to write in a professional way that is not only for our study but also for our profession.

151 - 175 of 1,151 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Nader A

Nov 20, 2017

I really do not know how can I thank Dr. Kristin Sainani. this course taught me a lot of things. And it was wonderful. Dr. Sainani, has explained the topics with a great excitement and enthusiasm that motivates the trainer to follow the course. I wish all the best for her. Her course totally changed my attitude about writings and scientific texts.

By Limor K

Nov 30, 2017

Excellent course! it's the first time I had the opportunity to learn all these important writing roles in an organised method. The practice exercise give the chance to take the knowledge one step forward. Thank you so much for all this effort with making such an in-depth course!, I'm sure it will be very useful for my current and future studies.

By Sampoorna R

Dec 19, 2019

A very helpful course that gives you a broad idea of the different types of 'writing' you can expect to do in science. It's easy to follow and the assignments are challenging enough that you learn without feeling too stretched beyond your means. You will need to bring a love for language and a desire to communicate. Everything else is provided.

By Kyla N

Apr 16, 2018

I love how Dr. Kristin Sainani addresses each topic. She has a great attitude towards helping learners and lots of examples to back up her recommendations.

I would have liked to see more tips regarding composition; the ones she gives are very useful. She also talks about the 'order' of writing a manuscript - I found this particularly helpful.

By Talgat

Oct 12, 2019

Здравствуйте, курс для меня был очень полезным, лекции, задания для самостоятельного выполнения, интервью с известными учеными все было на высоком уровне и доступно для понимания. Большое спасибо преподавателю за качественный и профессиональный курс. Буду всем рекомендовать его. И постараюсь хорошо применять полученные благодаря курсу знания.

By Jissa J

Dec 05, 2019

I am glad to say this course was an accomplishment. A well crafted course that covers a broad spectrum of things under writing in the sciences. I loved every module and the numerous examples and anecdotes shared by the instructor. Not to mention the extremely though through assessments. Wish i had the time to complete the honor assignments.

By Ali A G

Apr 06, 2020

I enjoyed and would highly recommend my peers to opt for this course. This course changed my perspective on writing and I thank our instructor, Dr. Kristin Sainani, who taught us in such an engaging manner. I like that there were presentations and interviews shared to help individuals understand the concepts. Overall, it is a great course!

By Theodoros K

Dec 24, 2018

Amazing course for rookies and experts on writing proper research papers, but also all kinds of other writings, such as Letters of Recommendation, Personal Statement, reviewing articles etc.

I don't have any past experience with writing research papers, and I believe this course gave me all the necessary how to's.

Thank you very very much!

By Kristina P D

Jun 18, 2020

Great course! I really enjoyed the tips for good writing - can't wait to put them into practice! The best part is that there are plenty of examples illustrating the rules of good writing, so one can get a good idea of how to write. The time spent for Twitter and Facebook presentation of scientific information was a little bit much though.

By Ibrahim N

Mar 17, 2020

Excellent course! It was the first time when I studied academic writing, someone showed real practical tasks and exercises to perform and teach academic writing. I appreciate this effort. Kristin Sainani is among the best course instructors I have come up with Coursera courses! Totally recommend if you aspire to learn writing in sciences.

By Priyanka K

Mar 05, 2020

Thank you very much for providing this course.

It was really an amazing learning experience. All the necessary content was clearly explained and the entire course was well organised with suitable examples. I really appericiate the efforts taken to make the content so perfect that everything was conveyed very well. Thanks a lot once again.

By Franklin L

Jun 07, 2020

Terrific course! Though I considered myself a strong writer before the class, Dr. Sainani exposed me to strategies and tips that I never learned during my undergraduate biology coursework. The course exposed how poorly scientific papers are written and how bad grammar can lead even the most experienced readers astray. Thank you so much.

By Maria L B

Mar 18, 2019

Writing in the Sciences course will give you a really good notion about writing an article, grants and other documents that are present in the scientists day-to-day life. I am a portuguese native speaker and for me the tips gave in the course were really straighfoward and they will certainly help me a lot. I really recomend this course.

By Kevin L S

May 06, 2018

Professor Sainani does a great job highlighting the most important parts of writing for the sciences. This course has been very helpful in improving my skills as I now have the basics to begin developing my goals in writing and what areas I need the most improvement in. I recommend this course for anyone interested in science writing.

By Lisa H

Mar 16, 2018

The best writing online course since long time! It gave me new and relevant insights on scientific optimized writing, and much more! Thank you Stanford University and warm regards to the best professor a foreigner as me (Italian:-) could ever desire: Kristin Sainani.

Hope to enroll soon in another course in line with this one!

Lisa Halfon

By PL

Jul 30, 2020

I wished I learned about these writing gems as a graduate student, and it's never too late to learn. I have a greater appreciation for improving my scientific writing and communication skills, thanks to Dr. Sainani. She is encouraging, funny, and incredibly intelligent. This is a course not to be missed -it can change your career.

By Nadezhda K

Jun 05, 2019

This is a very useful and well-structured course that helps you to become better in writing. I feel that my knowledge has been widened. I learn a lot of new information about unnecessary words, how to write clearly and briefly, about punctuation, correct vision of graphics, tables, diagrams, etc. Thank you Kristin for your course.

By Amalia d A

Jul 09, 2020

This course gives young scientists or experienced scientists a chance to improve on their writing skills. It is well structured and gives you lots of insider tips on the scientific writing processes that are usually learnt from trial and error. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will benefit from the lessons learnt for many years to come.

By Amarjil

Jun 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. As an international student it is not easy to write research papers as it is not my first language. This course was very informative and helped me improve my grammar and professional writing skills. Professor Kristin's teaching was clear and engaging, and those slides were really helpful. Thank you!

By Christos K

Mar 21, 2020

This course was absolutely fantastic. It is very useful for both amateurs and experienced writers. It teaches you how the whole process of writing in the science is. Not only how you write, but also how your mind should be during writing. I recommend it for everyone who wants to participate in the writing of a scientific article

By Butu H M

Mar 25, 2018

I learnt a lot from this course. Listening to accomplished editors talk about their experience and how the rules are not as rigid as I was taught they were has helped me improve my writing a lot. I have learnt to let to cut down clutter. I have taken this course and read materials over and over to make sure I imbibe its lessons.

By Brenna S

Dec 04, 2017

This course provides in-depth discussion of every aspect of scientific writing imaginable -- from grammar basics to writing grants, preparing a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed journal, and writing letters of recommendation, this course has it all. I will certainly return to materials for refreshers in the future.

By Liliana P M A

May 02, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! It gives students the tools to write in a clear, concise and focused way that they can apply to original articles, reviews, interviews, summaries, etc. The videos are very enthusiastic, compelling and easy to understand. I would surely recommend this course to any of my scientific colleagues.

By Anu D

Aug 03, 2020

This is one of the most informative and educational courses that I have taken so far. I would like to sincerely thank Prof. Kristin Sainani (n e Cobb) for such a comprehensive writing course in such a concise and organized format. I enjoyed the course and plan to use all my learning for writing articles in the sciences.

By Thirumurugan V

Being a non-native English speaker, this is my first online certificate course. Dr. Kristin Sainani becomes one of my favorite teachers. I felt like my language teacher in school, teaching a beautiful story. The way she talks and her edit makes me remember "Writing in the Sciences" whenever I thought of writing. Respect!