Back to Writing in the Sciences

Writing in the Sciences, Stanford University

About this Course

By HE

Dec 20, 2017

Thanks Dr. Kristin for this interesting course. It was so useful. I have learnt a lot from it. Your pretty way of teaching encouraged me to complete the course. Thanks for this exciting experience.

By DK

Jun 17, 2018

Extremely helpful for someone who is just beginning his scientific career (me). It is particularly convenient to have examples from medical articles, as this is the science field I am exploring.

307 Reviews

By Carlos Chunga

Dec 18, 2018

I really liked this course. This is the first time someone taught me how to write effectively for different purposes. I mean, teaching these things is so valuable, but no professor I have had since high school has ever taken the time to teach this simple concepts with examples as well, such as cutting the clutter, using more verbs, using the active voice instead of the passive voice, etc. Although I started this course to just learn how to write effectively, I didn't like the last units because they consisted on how to write papers, how to submit them, etc., and I wasn't searching for that. But for everything else, excellent course and excellent professor. The course is designed to constantly test your skills and make sure you learns all the writing principles. Also, and especially for me that English is not my native language, I have seen that I can use this principles to write effectively in Spanish.

By Truc T Nguyen

Dec 15, 2018

If you are looking for guidance on form-focused writing, take this course. If you want to bring real value to the table by focusing on functionality, check out LEADERSHIP LAB: The Craft of Writing Effectively on YouTube.

By Katon Kras

Dec 13, 2018

This course can make any writer improve their writing. I enjoyed the edit demonstrations with the downloadable text samples. The exercises prepare you for the quiz and the peer-review assignments provide quality feedback. Overall tremendous learning experience.

By Ketan Garg

Dec 11, 2018

Good

By GLORY EMASOGA PADILLA

Dec 11, 2018

This course was very enlightening. There were so many aspects of writing in sciences i never knew. I am hoping to apply the knowledge learnt in my future writing endeavours.

By gehad gamal

Dec 08, 2018

i am waiting along time for the peer review to open, then to be reviewed by peers, i am still waiting for a submission to review, despite thet i have finished the course and all quizz for along time.

By Ram

Dec 07, 2018

The best course on "science writing" so far.

By Donia BOUZID

Dec 07, 2018

I strongly recommend it

By Emanuele Cristina Gustani

Dec 04, 2018

It's amazing. I'm learning a lot!!

By Dr. Pradnya Kedari

Dec 04, 2018

I found this course very useful, motivating and an eye opener. It will e very helpful while writing my next manuscript. Hence forth, I can present my research as per the type of audience in front of me. And including such experienced guest interviews and their opinion was a great thing. I would definitely like to recommend this course my other researcher friends.