Back to Writing in the Sciences

Writing in the Sciences, Stanford University

About this Course

By T

Feb 01, 2019

The course is so informative that I think everyone should take a try. It provides us a fundamental elements to write in a professional way that is not only for our study but also for our profession.

By HE

Dec 20, 2017

Thanks Dr. Kristin for this interesting course. It was so useful. I have learnt a lot from it. Your pretty way of teaching encouraged me to complete the course. Thanks for this exciting experience.

387 Reviews

By yezifangfan

Mar 19, 2019

I think this course is quite useful for beginners, especially those who start to write some scientific papers. Although I had some experiences in writing journal articles, what I learnt from the course really changes most of my ideas in writing, and also recearching. Thanks to all the teachers and the AMAZING COURSERA!

By Cristian Adrian Martínez Adriano

Mar 19, 2019

Un curso muy útil. La verdad vale mucho la pena tomarlo.

By Maria Leticia Bonatelli

Mar 18, 2019

Writing in the Sciences course will give you a really good notion about writing an article, grants and other documents that are present in the scientists day-to-day life. I am a portuguese native speaker and for me the tips gave in the course were really straighfoward and they will certainly help me a lot. I really recomend this course.

By ariela goldenshluger

Mar 18, 2019

Highly recommended! really well organized and gave me practical tools to improve my writing

By Jacob Berninger

Mar 18, 2019

This course was extremely informative, but a tad boring. It also needs a little updating, especially because social media has become so pervasive

By Jenny Morales Brito

Mar 17, 2019

muy buen curso, muy útil

By João Paulo Jordão Pontes

Amazing course!

By Shahriar ASLANI

Mar 17, 2019

The name of this course is misleading; although the course gives you useful information about writing in sciences it has a serious focus on medical sciences. So if you are a chemist, mathematician or a physicist it might be annoying for you to be bombarded with medicine technical words and journals. Approximately more than 80 percent of the examples of writings are from medicine journals. The course has bunch of interviews with medicine scientists that makes me feel exhausted. If the professor of the course agrees that the medical sciences is not the only science she' should change the name of the course to 'Writing in the medical Science' or she should change the one-sided point of view of this course.

By K. Ramya

Mar 17, 2019

Excellent course and wonderful instructor! After 8 weeks I feel like missing the course videos. Very understandable and learnt a lot from the course! I thank the instructor for her excellent teaching skills which is approachable to all!

By Molook A. Al-Ghamdi

Mar 15, 2019

how to Writing in the Sciences and learn something that improve my writing .