Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

1851 - 1875 of 1,904 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Ana K

May 22, 2020

I found the course extremely helpful and look forward to applying the skill I have learnt when writing my thesis.

By Juan R

Apr 11, 2018

The course is great especially the first half. Great tips and practice to improve your scientific writing skills.

By Anna C

Nov 27, 2017

Very good introductory course on the different type of writing that scientists can face. I enjoyed it very much!

By Camila P S B

May 19, 2019

First lessons were very helpful and well taught. Last ones are a bit basic for those with academic background.

By Sjoukje d L

Jun 2, 2020

Especially the first three weeks about how to write strong and concise sentences/paragraphs, was very useful!

By Ziad A

Aug 17, 2021

My writing has improved a lot after taking this course. I recommend it to everyone, not just to scientists.

By Kelly D

Jul 27, 2020

Some of the power points were redundant, but I enjoyed the narrative and how concise things were. thank you

By Mohamed S

Nov 28, 2017

It was very nice and easy. I think you may review some videos as the sound doesn't go wit the pic.

By M K

Nov 29, 2018

Wonderful course. I enjoy the personality/humor of the professor. Reasonably difficult and fascinating.

By Julia P

Feb 18, 2018

The first few weeks are useful for not just scientific writers but also anyone who wants to write more

By Yevheniya D

Jun 9, 2021

I felt like the last chapters were not so relevant for the course, but overall It was very good!

By Tara S

Dec 3, 2019

Great in-depth review and explanation of writing in the sciences. This will be beneficial for my

By Ayush S

Apr 15, 2018

Could have been better if the instructor would have shared examples from other disciplines.

By Gitanjali V

Oct 12, 2018

Very sensible and practical. Esp the one on writing for lay audiences. Love the Nut Graf!

By himanshu r

Jul 19, 2021

very nice course for people who just started writing manuscripts and grant applications

By Sameh M A

Feb 7, 2021

good, but need to be more comprehensive and more professional editing skills than that.

By Nadia O

Jun 19, 2020

Really interesting course for every PhD student to write his first scientific article.

By Nancy A

Aug 12, 2019

There was a lot of helpful information that pertains to more than scientific writing.

By Avery B

Jul 25, 2020

I learned some helpful tips for writing and was able to practice my writing skills.

By Saurabh A

May 13, 2018

Wonderful! Helped a lot in understanding the way of writing a scientific article.

By Abdel H K

Oct 12, 2020

there is some long video until 30min it make sometime the learner getting bored

By Hieu V

Oct 6, 2019

This course provided me a lot of knowledge in writing a scientific papers!

By Vera D

Oct 20, 2020

This course is very useful to learn tips for better writing in English.

By Nabiel I

Jul 15, 2020

a bit too many not-really-necessary interviews, but overall very good.

By Niall J

Jun 21, 2020

Very valuable insights into the principles of good scientific writing.