Back to Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability by Google Cloud

This course teaches the theory of Service Level Objectives (SLOs), a principled way of describing and measuring the desired reliability of a service. Upon completion, learners should be able to apply these principles to develop the first SLOs for services they are familiar with in their own organizations. Learners will also learn how to use Service Level Indicators (SLIs) to quantify reliability and Error Budgets to drive business decisions around engineering for greater reliability. The learner will understand the components of a meaningful SLI and walk through the process of developing SLIs and SLOs for an example service....

RA

Sep 07, 2019

Very useful course to introduce SRE concepts. In combination with the SRE book, it's the way to go to learn and start applying SRE in your project/company.

AG

Oct 28, 2019

SRE: Measuring and Managing Reliability is a great opportunity to learn and practice SLI, SLO, error budget policy and focus in the user happiness.

26 - 50 of 74 Reviews for Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability

By Manuel F

Jul 24, 2019

Very well done, videos are clear even for non-English people. For week3 and week4 assignments are challenging.

By Dominic P

Oct 22, 2019

Very interesting and thought-provoking course! It gave me an appreciation of how tricky 99.95% is!

By Brian T S

Jul 29, 2019

This course was great and directly help my current position as a Site Reliability Engineer.

By Michael R

Oct 11, 2019

I learned a lot of valuable things to make sure I keep the customer always happy.

By Owen J

Nov 28, 2019

A lot of interesting insights into how to measure reliability for your services.

By Mohamed R

Sep 10, 2019

Excellent. Opportunity to learn and deploy Best Practices - Thanks to Google

By NG J J

Aug 06, 2019

Very useful course on SRE and practical tips on establishing SLIs and SLOs

By Premkumar S

Jan 12, 2020

Get a practical understanding of the concepts with this course. Good one!

By Lumina W

Oct 30, 2019

A practical methodology to improve a system's quality with minor cost.

By Surajit S

Jan 17, 2020

Effective course to get a good overview on Reliability Engineering

By Maryan H

Nov 25, 2019

Great intro into SRE mindset and reliability perspective.

By Sandip D

Nov 19, 2019

It's unique course structure and enjoyed the learning

By Bijay N

Jun 19, 2019

Great course for SRE to understand the need.

By Gurkeerat S S

Oct 04, 2019

A good starting point to get into SRE.

By ZOU T

Sep 04, 2019

Thanks a lot for the excellent course.

By Daniel E C

Sep 14, 2019

Very useful in my day at work

By Lorenzo M

Jul 16, 2019

Very good

By Midila G Z

Jan 21, 2020

Good

By Parth

Oct 14, 2019

I can confidently say that after completing this course, I can work on designing SLO/SLIs for services in my organization. The assignments are very practical and depict real problems. The only issue I have is that the video lectures are very densely packed with theoretical statements and less examples making it hard to keep up with them and follow.

By Felix G

Sep 05, 2019

The PostMortem task puzzled me the most, as it came a bit from nowhere, but I really enjoyed the overall course and learned a lot about reliability, risk analysis, and SLO, SLI and SLA. It improved my view on my tasks in professional life a lot! Great course!

By Pavlos R

Jul 13, 2019

Great course overall. I would highly recommend it to my peers.

As feedback, I would suggest elaborating a bit more on the expectations of the Risk Analysis Spreadsheet, it's a powerful tool but I think not enough time has been dedicated to introducing it.

By Alex L

Nov 10, 2019

Great course, I like the idea of the peer reviews, however, I think the instructions on some assignments needed to be clearer. What would be a great addition is to also get feedback from the instructors on things to improve / think about.

By Geoff W

Mar 14, 2019

It's a very good course and I learned a lot. I'm only giving 4 stars because some of the quizes were "rough around the edges" as far as being able to study enough to get the highest grade. Mabe this will get better in future iterations.

By Edoardo

Feb 16, 2019

Most of the course is very nice, just a couple of quiz are not well though. Is surely a very good resource for everyone try to understand and verify their SRE knowledge.

By Yegor

Jun 06, 2019

Content is great. I mark course as 4/5 because it seems that teachers simply read text from paper and this really complicates understanding information.