Back to Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability by Google Cloud

4.4

This course teaches the theory of Service Level Objectives (SLOs), a principled way of describing and measuring the desired reliability of a service. Upon completion, learners should be able to apply these principles to develop the first SLOs for services they are familiar with in their own organizations. Learners will also learn how to use Service Level Indicators (SLIs) to quantify reliability and Error Budgets to drive business decisions around engineering for greater reliability. The learner will understand the components of a meaningful SLI and walk through the process of developing SLIs and SLOs for an example service....

RA

Sep 07, 2019

Very useful course to introduce SRE concepts. In combination with the SRE book, it's the way to go to learn and start applying SRE in your project/company.

AG

Oct 28, 2019

SRE: Measuring and Managing Reliability is a great opportunity to learn and practice SLI, SLO, error budget policy and focus in the user happiness.

51 - 75 of 93 Reviews for Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability

By Pavlos R

Jul 13, 2019

Great course overall. I would highly recommend it to my peers.

As feedback, I would suggest elaborating a bit more on the expectations of the Risk Analysis Spreadsheet, it's a powerful tool but I think not enough time has been dedicated to introducing it.

By Alex L

Nov 10, 2019

Great course, I like the idea of the peer reviews, however, I think the instructions on some assignments needed to be clearer. What would be a great addition is to also get feedback from the instructors on things to improve / think about.

By Geoff W

Mar 14, 2019

It's a very good course and I learned a lot. I'm only giving 4 stars because some of the quizes were "rough around the edges" as far as being able to study enough to get the highest grade. Mabe this will get better in future iterations.

By Edoardo

Feb 16, 2019

Most of the course is very nice, just a couple of quiz are not well though. Is surely a very good resource for everyone try to understand and verify their SRE knowledge.

By Yegor

Jun 06, 2019

Content is great. I mark course as 4/5 because it seems that teachers simply read text from paper and this really complicates understanding information.

By Shrirang M

Mar 02, 2020

Fantastic course. Make many more in the DevOps area and make them regular to refresh the learning with new concepts that keep on changing.

By deryl s

Feb 24, 2020

They need better instructors. Especially that bald big Asian guy. he was going super fast and was hard to follow.

By Peter J B

Oct 15, 2019

The course was informative and explained the process and language around SLI SLO methodology very well.

By POGALA S

Mar 13, 2020

Information and practical knowledge on this course provided was very helpful and understandable.

By Stakshi J G

Feb 29, 2020

Concepts clearly described in easy way with example driven approach. Sure is a good course

By Owais Z

Jul 19, 2019

Good Course. I would like to see a capstone project and more sample examples to work with

By Nuresh B B

Mar 19, 2020

This course is more realistic for support projects and it's very useful in BFSI sector.

By Aaron C

May 19, 2019

Pretty nice, homework helps me a lot to understand how to design an SLO and SLI.

By Marco A

Sep 30, 2019

Interesting things to know. Important concepts, not too difficult.

By Jayaram P

Jan 22, 2020

Good one

By William M

Oct 21, 2019

The video content was a good introduction to the topic. The graded assessments did make me think in more depth about the issues, but the instructions for them could have been clearer. For some of the assessments (particularly in week 3), I think it might have been helpful to give more detail about how to devise SLIs for a different scenario beforehand, it wasn't until I saw the sample answer after doing the assessment that I really understood what the course wanted. There did seem to be some bugs in the course, such as repeated identical questions in week 4.

By Melissa J K

Jan 31, 2020

Five-star content. One-star functionality for enterprise users: (1) If your company has a strong firewall, you won't be able to share the main assignment (a Google spreadsheet). It must instead be submitted from your laptop or other home computer—big hassle. (2) The peer grading process is cumbersome, slow, and random. (3) The Week 4 discussion prompts marked "Optional" are not optional—you don't get credit for having finished the preceding section until you enter a response in the discussion window.

By Keisuke K

Feb 24, 2020

It was an excellent course for beginner like me because I could understand the basic concepts, such as SLI, SLO, error budget, and documentation. However, I felt a massive gap between the lectures and assignments: the assignments, not quiz, were challenging due to the lack of guides, and the peer-to-peer reviews were not working well. It would be great if there were more steps in assignments.

By Dickon S

Apr 05, 2020

One of the presenters spoke really quickly and I found it hard to follow. I am a native English speaker and so was he, so it wasn't a language issue, I just felt he was racing through the materials. Overall a good course, but could be better and I loved the subject matter.

By Jeffrey J M

Nov 26, 2019

The ratio of instruction to assignment work was not great. It seemed that after every 15-30 minutes of instruction, we were expected to complete a 2-hour assignment and then grade each other. I took this course so that I would not have to be self-taught! You know?

By Anita S

Dec 23, 2019

Course content and delivery was excellent! The peer review process could use some improvement..had to chase reviewers via discussion forums, ran into one reviewer who didn't read the response before grading leading. It was a distraction in the learning process.

By Jesse S

Oct 24, 2019

Some of the content is a little disjointed and the exercises need while well thought out individually don't flow together very well (jump around between scenarios). I also didn't really think the first week was as high quality as 2-4.

By Jacques S

Oct 31, 2019

A big topic to cover in one course. I would suggest covering a little mare material and extra exercises over a longer period. Thank you for the opportunity to learn though.