Back to Social Media Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Media Management by Facebook

This course equips you with critical content creation and management skills. You’ll learn how to create effective social media posts and how to create a strong brand to help you build a social media presence. You’ll also learn how to establish an ongoing process to manage your content. This includes setting up a content calendar, managing and moderating your posts, analyzing data for insights and iteration, and how to increase post effectiveness. You will end the course with real-world application of your skills through a content management project. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Establish and manage a social media presence • Create a Facebook business page and an Instagram account for business • Understand how and why to create content for social media • Create a brand, tone, and voice for a social media presence • Manage a content calendar for your social media presence • Evaluate the performance of your content on social media and to iterate and optimize the performance • Create a content calendar for your social media presence • Manage social media content using real world data This course is intended for people who want to learn how to create and manage a business presence on social media, including creating content, interacting and engaging with customers on social media and evaluating the results of different posts. Learners don't need marketing experience, but they have basic internet navigation skills and are eager to participate and connect in social media. Having a Facebook or Instagram account helps and ideally learners already completed course 1 (Introduction to Social Media Marketing) in this program....

FF
Jan 23, 2021

Iam really happy I chose social media marketing as my course.they have very unique way of teaching and now I'm aware of so many different ways and tricks to grow on a business page. Thank you so much❤

RS
Mar 3, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives me a new perspective of using social media, makes me know the power of social media, and teach me how to use social media for marketing purpose. Thank you Mrs. Anke

1 - 25 of 448 Reviews for Social Media Management

By Muhammad F B Y

Nov 14, 2020

I really loved the final test for this course since it's very hands-on and required us to use our theoretical knowledge and skills onto the content given to be able to answer the questions.

By Melissa M

Dec 3, 2020

Loved all the information that was provided in this course. I'm a visual person, so I love the fact that we get to practice what we learn as we go. Makes things much clearer. Thank you!

By Agnes B

Apr 15, 2021

The course was very valuable to me. Anke makes it look simple and was very encouraging. I like her presentation of various tools and her simple explanations of concepts that I was unfamiliar with.

By S W

May 11, 2021

I really enjoyed the course, a great pace, explanation, and exercise. The spreadsheet though... gosh, that's a bit difficult to read. I understand but hard to read, especially for the final exam.

By Lim F Y

Jan 1, 2021

I love the instructor! Her voice is clear and soothing, her accent and intonation is interesting and everything that came out of her mouth just stays in my brain. The classes were never boring and as a non-native English speaker, I don't even have the need to turn on the subtitle. She is the best speaker that I have seen so far. The course-mates are all helpful and I like the hands on experiences and discussions. I definitely benefited from this course.

By ED C A

Oct 22, 2020

Easy to go through, but it’s also very thorough. When they told you they’re going to get you ready for an entry level job in social media management, they meant it. You’ll find all the things you need to further your social media management skills. The outputs every week are good for practice too and the lectures are structured well. 10/10 would recommend for beginners.

By divyansh k

Oct 14, 2020

I am a professional digital marketer and have my own agency. I took this course to refresh my knowledge and get more in depth insights from facebook itself.

By Bin J

Feb 9, 2021

The class is great, but there is something wrong with the certificate 'FACEBOOK' logo.

By Carolina J

Nov 20, 2020

Very good course, clear, concise, with very good examples and practical exercises. An excellent complement to Course 1. Anke is an excellent instructor, she explains very well, she spreads her enthusiasm for the subjects. The slides and graphic are of very good quality.

Muy buen curso, claro, conciso, con muy bueno ejemplos y ejercicios prácticos. Un excelente complemento del Curso 1. Anke es excelente instructora, explica muy bien, contagia su entusiasmo por los temas. Los slides y ayudas graficas son de muy buena calidad.

By Carina M d P

Dec 29, 2020

Great course and an equally excellent teacher! I learned a lot which is so much refreshing and inspiring, too. All the tools, insights, and learnings are what I'll bring when I finally land some gigs as a Social Media Manager. Or maybe pursue this career in Social Media Marketing later on. I am looking forward to exploring other interesting opportunities in this field aside from content writing or content strategy which I do now. Thank you, Coursera!

By Fhaiza

Jan 24, 2021

By Wissam s

Dec 17, 2020

This course is rich in valuable information and many examples that have contributed to consolidating the information

I recommend it to everyone who wants to enter the world of social media marketing

By Contreras M

Oct 27, 2020

Excellent course. Easy to understand for beginners and with a lot of practical information to apply. I really enjoyed it and learned how to manage social media basic communication for business

By Sandra K

Jun 14, 2021

I have found this course to be extremely valuable if somewhat advanced for me at this time. I had very little proficiency in social media applications or the more recent changes to office products (google docs, etc). It has been a bit of a challenge but was able to understand the material and keep up with the assignments. Having FB and IG business accounts related to my business interests would have helped to make the connection between theory and application, as hands on would have been more meaningful.

Didn't find student engagement process via discussion boards user friendly but that may speak to my level of competence rather than the course. Although, I have taken other online courses (Gale and Lynda, for example) and had no problem with with the discussion boards there.

Not sure that I fully highly competent in the application of the course content but will continue to keep learning and seeking opportunities to apply it now and once my business plans have been more fully articulated.

By Alessandro P

Mar 24, 2021

I have no doubt this is one of the best up to date course on social media management out there. Anke is an outstanding tutor and a professional marketer.

This course is packed full of precious advice, best practice and proven procedures to create content and to manage it, using Facebook and Instagram insight and Excel files. You will learn how to organize your content and how to create a content calendar.

In addition, there are further reference links where you can go in depth in any of the subject.

Above all, this course pushes you to take action; since the begin you can use your own business to complete your assignments to create your content calendar and start to publish.

However, if you don't know anything about inbound marketing, buyer persona, KPIs , I invite you to have a look at the full specialization and start doing the first course.

By Osmara ( O L

Feb 10, 2021

I think the assignments in the form of projects are solid application for what was learned. Additionally, when one gets somethign wrong on a quiz one is directed to the vidoe that covers that information. I did have an issue with my last quiz. I felt my answer was correct using the data provided, but I did not know how to review it with an instructor, but that may be that I have more to learn about how all this works.

Last thought- sometimes navigating through assignment submission was not smooth and trying to figure things out took some time, which can be a problem for many of us who seem to keep running out of time!

However, all in all, the course was very much worth it and I was able to use all the knowledge I learned to give a client management advice that he was very grateful for- so thank you!

By Nyan H A

Jan 6, 2021

That's great for very important for business to create content ideas and content calendar. Coursera is very good presentation for Facebook Social Media Marketing. Thanks a lot for learning with your!

Best Regards,

Nyan Htat Aung

By Mishka B

Apr 23, 2021

Excellent course. I already do have a background in social media from my work but I still learned quite a bit from taking this course and look forward to completing the others in order to learn my certificate. The materials were quite straightforward and the combination of videos and reading materials meant that I could stay on top of the work whether I was at my desk, traveling, or even working out (via using my phone). Enjoyed the projects as well as it's helped me hone my skills to improve at my job.

By Babette H Y

Mar 15, 2021

Excellent insights on staying on brand while managing social media for a business. I found the content calendar section challenging but really have come to appreciate how it helps the overall strategy to utilize social media platforms to the fullest and utilizing the best practices giving relevant and valuable content.

I really learned a lot in this course and it is helping tremendously already with the work I do in the social media marketing/management field.

By Sebastian L M

Feb 23, 2021

I really liked this course, I found that the practical part with the final calendar was quite difficult but very interesting and significantly helped me to learn more about content organization. (Spanish: Realmente me gusto este curso, encontre que la parte practica con el calendario final fue bastante dificil pero muy interesante y significativamente me ayudo a aprender mas sobre la organizacion de contenidos.)

By Anuraj D

Mar 17, 2021

Best Course Ever with full of practical Knowledge. I love this course really because this course gives me a clear understanding of Social Media Marketing and now I'm very confident to pursue my career as a social media marketer and I would like to thanks the Instructors and the Coursera team who puts all possible efforts to share this course with us. Thank you so much!!

By Jean D

Mar 24, 2021

Super love this course! It's clear, concise and the assignments are challenging but it really sharpens your understanding of the topic as well as practice doing the lessons yourself. I love learning from my peers' answers as well. This course made me more confident in my choices of creating contents and the calendar hack was so helpful!

By Mohamad A A U

Dec 2, 2020

Social Media Management course has taught me a lot and enabled me to navigate between different social media platforms. It is informative, interesting and great for learners who have interest in developing skills and become well-informed about Facebook and Instagram. Materials are really interesting. Thanks for this course!

By Wambazu E

Apr 18, 2021

Very insightful!! Most interesting part has been learning how to create a social media content calendar. For the little time i have been doing social media management on of my biggest challenges was brainstorming content to share but now i have a clear strategy on how to get engaging content. Thanks Coursera and facebook

By Wendy R

Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course, it was practical teaching us how to create content for various Social Media Platforms. The course taught us to audit social media content as well as each Social Media Platform. The course taught us how to interpret data (or rather Insights) from various social media platforms.