Back to Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum by Commonwealth Education Trust

The Foundations of Teaching for Learning programme is for anyone who is teaching, or who would like to teach, in any subject and any context - be it at school, at home or in the workplace. With dynamic lessons taught by established and respected professionals from across the Commonwealth, this eight course programme will see you develop and strengthen your skills in teaching, professionalism, assessment, and more. As you carry on through the programme, you will find yourself strengthening not only your skills, but your connection with colleagues across the globe. A professional development opportunity not to be missed. Curriculum is a framework for guiding teaching and learning. This course provides an opportunity for you to consider the relationship between the teacher, the learner and the curriculum. Enhance your course by joining the Commonwealth teaching community on our website, Facebook and Twitter....

HH
Mar 3, 2018

Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum course added a lot t my knowledge and practice as a school leader. I advise that anyone who works in the education field take this course.

CS
Dec 11, 2020

This course is highly recommended for those who are in the teaching profession. It helped me gain an in-depth understanding of how the curriculum works in the teaching-learning process.

76 - 88 of 88 Reviews for Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum

By Arturo F

Jul 12, 2018

Good way to become more aware of the nature of curriculum!

By JOHNCY C S

The course is good , learned many things

By Subha S

Nov 19, 2017

Very good course learned many new things

By Folasade A

Jan 24, 2017

Very informative. I have learnt a lot

By Accabre C S

Aug 25, 2017

very revealing

By andres m

Jun 8, 2018

Rewarding

By AJITH K B

Good

By Emmanuel H S

Oct 8, 2020

Adequate in the idea of making a curriculum. I would have loved a week dedicated to the act of making a sample curriculum itself, as in the document, with all the topics, body text etc. I do understand that the supplement reading is there to aid on this matter, however this part coming from the respected lecturers of this course would have more practical weight-age. Otherwise, highly recommended course for teachers and curriculum planners.

By seval a

Sep 27, 2015

The quiz questions were not clear enough sometimes.

By Ian R K

Dec 16, 2017

While this course gave some useful information regarding curriculum and theory, especially, for someone with little experience regarding the topic, I was generally not impressed with it. I think a more in-depth focus on specific theories of curriculum and practical applications would have been more useful. Maybe I shouldn't compare, but the value of Course 5 with Linda and Judy far outweighs the value of this course in my opinion. The content of the two courses was equally valuable, I think, but the presentation and organization were radically different.

By Johan M

Oct 11, 2015

Horrible quiz questions. I found the distractors to be too similar to the answer, what is the point in having 4 possible correct answers?

By Ruxue S

Sep 18, 2019

It was the most boring course I took on Coursera. the instructor seemed to just read the prepared materials. there is no attractive ppt slides. I even didn't know why she seemed distracted all the time in the video. It is not personal dislikeness. normally I don't like to comment on something including my online shopping products, but I feel I have to be responsible for other potential learners to take this class! sorry, I have to do this.

By KimberLee B

I've taken several of the Foundations of Teaching for Learning courses, and this one was by far the worst! it was unorganized, and the instructor just read all of the material--very boring and uninteresting. Also, the quizzes would ask questions that weren't even covered until the NEXT week's lectures. This particular course definitely needs an update.