Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms , Relay Graduate School of Education

About this Course

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

By LM

Jan 06, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

By PL

Oct 15, 2016

This is really helpful. I've noticed that after taking this course, I am applying it to the actual field especially in my daily conversations with my students. I'm very happy because of this course!

126 Reviews

By Sanjana Rajamohan

Jan 14, 2019

Learner friendly, excellent content.

By Jhonie Marie Praxidio

Jan 12, 2019

This course has lots of interesting sub-topics to improve the communication in classrooms and give best ways to achieve the kind of characters that the students have to practice that are related to the excellence in academic performance, further this can give students or colleague the ability to realize the use of proper resources to have the desired results in every discussion.

By Lisa Benjamin Mitchell

Jan 06, 2019

By Nigora Mamadaminova

Dec 10, 2018

I found the course very informative and interesting.

By Amanda Mylcraine

Nov 29, 2018

Don't like assignments.

By Kreezah G. Bernardo

Oct 18, 2018

It is my first time trying an online course because it(Coursera) was recommended by my college professor. i did not expect that it would be this great. So far, I am enjoying my chosen course. I hope I'll have the chance to avail the certificate. Many things I am learning here.

By Syeda Fizza Manzar

Oct 11, 2018

This course helped me a lot to allow myself to grow my abilities within me and professionally. Our teacher in this course Dave Levin was a great inspiration

By Лесникова Ольга Александровна

Sep 04, 2018

Thank you so much for this course! It was so useful and helpful!

By Arnold Kiss

Sep 04, 2018

Transformational :)

By Paula Martins Vieira de Carvalho

Sep 03, 2018

The course fulfilled my expectancy. Great lectures, interviews, examples and references permit the full understanding of the subjects proposed. I feel like being able to apply this knowledge professionally and in life.