Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms , Relay Graduate School of Education

(491 ratings)

About this Course

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

By LM

Jan 06, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

By PL

Oct 15, 2016

This is really helpful. I've noticed that after taking this course, I am applying it to the actual field especially in my daily conversations with my students. I'm very happy because of this course!

139 Reviews

By Basanti CS

May 21, 2019

This course has helped me learn through examples as to how we can use feedback as a powerful tool in our classroom to build character and help student succeed. I also felt the teachers involved were really open minded when they were given certain feedback and how that improved the quality of teaching.

By Luz Sharym Carolina Laverde Trujillo

May 18, 2019

I love how this course has made me reflect and organize my thoughts about my teaching practice

By Mario Guillén Piñero

May 17, 2019

It's not clear the purpose of the tasks. Actually, there are concepts which are not specified and well-explained.

By sanika samant

May 10, 2019

This was the perfect course for me as an Educator with a Psychology background. I got to learn some amazing techniques about the practical applications of Positive Psychology in schools. A brilliant instructor, amazing guest interviews and in-house classroom videos all made the course interesting, engaging and very easy to follow. Thank You to all those involved in the creation of this wonderful learning experience.

By Ken Ngai

Apr 15, 2019

It is a very good start for positive coaching, from theory to practice.

By

Apr 11, 2019

I thinks the lessons and presentation were interesting. I understand what it means by zest and character strength.

By Natan Alper

Mar 05, 2019

Videos were extremely clear and informative! Assignments were relatively short and at a good level!

Thanks for a great course!

By Gehad Gamal Metawea

Mar 04, 2019

a nice course if u want to know ur students well and also learn about how to have a positive characters in ur class :)

By Nicola Jan Smith

Feb 20, 2019

I want to have positive classrooms and find ways to really introduce supportive and constructive behaviours into the classroom and this course is really helping. I have gone through it quickly once to get the overall idea and now I want to go back and review and practice areas I feel I need the most help.

By Jean-Marc Schock

Feb 13, 2019

I enjoyed the course and it allowed me to get different perceptions on how to be more positive wth my students.