Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms by Relay Graduate School of Education

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

LM

Jan 5, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

C

Jun 4, 2020

This is a very comprehensive course and all the sources they use are very concise and educational. I recommend this course to both teachers and parents to strengthen the character of their children.

76 - 100 of 256 Reviews for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

By Parikshit H

Jul 17, 2021

This course has helped me mould my character into a responsible teacher who exudes positive vibe and strengthens the character of his students in the best possible manner.

By Kerri A

Sep 20, 2019

Excellent course that really helped me think about my teaching and my interaction with my students. I am more aware of the language that I use and the tone that I set.

By Vasiliki P

Mar 21, 2017

Great course with plenty of new information I had never heard of! Very helpful and interesting not only for teachers but for anyone who want to expand their knowledge!!

By naila q

Jun 28, 2017

Great course! Lots of great articles, interviews by professionals, great reflection question. I learned a lot that I can apply to my classroom and everyday life.

By Jodee W

May 22, 2016

Great course! I really learned a lot from the lectures and got to integrate the material through the assessments. I loved the peer review element to the course.

By Jayanthi S

Apr 30, 2020

Its been an authentic learning experience with coursera, expecially this course and course materials has aided in improving my skills and enhancing my career.

By Syeda F M

Oct 11, 2018

This course helped me a lot to allow myself to grow my abilities within me and professionally. Our teacher in this course Dave Levin was a great inspiration

By NUR S N B M F

Oct 24, 2019

It's a good course to learn about.I leaned many new things that I can apply one day I become a teacher.It also helps me in many ways to improve my skills.

By 高格格

Sep 10, 2019

Thanks for this course. I know more about character strength and how to develop them. i believe that it would help me to be a good and qualified teacher.

By Yudi H

Oct 7, 2015

Very useful and interesting! You will not only learn how to teach during the course but also you will learn how to develop yourself into a better person!

By Talita F

Oct 11, 2015

Excellent course, way beyond my expectations. Useful lessons and exercises, nice lectures and assingments!!!

I recommend it to any teacher or parent.

By Michael O

Feb 6, 2016

This is a very practical and thought-provoking course. Very worthwhile, engaging, challenging and interactive. Highly recommend it to others.

By SITI N A Z

Oct 25, 2019

A very good course to have a better understanding on how to teach a good character that will be a catalyst for student to understand better

By Vaaruni

Jun 21, 2020

This course was educational and fun. I have learnt so much from this course through the different assignments and case studies. Thank you!

By Kopaila P

Mar 5, 2020

I was introduced to the world of positive psychology and had fun, while learning new things through the peer graded assignments.

By Natan A

Mar 5, 2019

Videos were extremely clear and informative! Assignments were relatively short and at a good level!

Thanks for a great course!

By Sean M

Jun 26, 2016

I found this to be a very informative Course. This is my first one here on Coursera and I am sure it will not be my last......

By Samantha B

Mar 15, 2018

Really good material. Great video's of real-life practice from highly skilled teachers. Solid structured course for learning.

By Ruben D S M

A new way or method that exposes the need to keep discussing this education theory by doing it and by openly speaking it.

By Reena

May 15, 2020

I loved this class. Thanks Dave levin! I love your efforts, passion and relentless energy in helping us learn! Thank you!

By Viktória K

Aug 13, 2021

T​he course was full of great ideas about implementing character in the classroom. The in-class videos were insightful.

By Anisha B

Jun 13, 2019

very much relevant to classroom teaching-learning approach. the best part in module is integrated along with academics

By Aaron W

Sep 8, 2017

I feel that I learned a lot from this course. I will try to use the lessons in this course to help my future students.

By dev p

Aug 23, 2020

The best part is that it is beyond theory and there is enough practical activities to get you started into character.

By Jason M

Apr 13, 2016

These strategies appear simple and obvious, which is great. They also can transform your interpersonal relationships.