Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms by Relay Graduate School of Education

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

LM

Jan 5, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

C

Jun 4, 2020

This is a very comprehensive course and all the sources they use are very concise and educational. I recommend this course to both teachers and parents to strengthen the character of their children.

51 - 75 of 256 Reviews for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

By Adriana M

Jun 13, 2020

An insightful course that provides clear, detailed descriptions of what it means to teach the character strengths in order to form the foundation of a positive classroom environment that fosters resilient, creative and motivated learners.

By Andrea N

May 16, 2016

Practical and immediately applicable - language and activities to start your positive classroom. Participants are dedicated and the assignments offer insightful opportunities to explore concepts and create content for your classroom.

By John F

Jul 14, 2020

There is so much practical and useful information and ideas that I am able to use immediately. After every step of the way, I was able to walk away with something value to put into practice in my classroom the very next day.

By Janaina B

Jun 17, 2020

I really enjoyed the course!

It was really possible to understand how essential it is to address character strengths in class. In addition, we are moved to reflect on our teaching practice. Very good.

Best Regards from Brazil

By Paula M V d C

Sep 3, 2018

The course fulfilled my expectancy. Great lectures, interviews, examples and references permit the full understanding of the subjects proposed. I feel like being able to apply this knowledge professionally and in life.

By Begmyrat B

Aug 20, 2015

I am really enjoying the in-depth analysis of personal traits and character strengths in this course. It helps me to cope with students from various backgrounds, and to help them achieve their educational goals.

By Maham M K

Jul 1, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and gained a lot of knowledge from this course. I would like to appreciate the instructors for providing this course. I recommend all of you to take this course. Thanks Coursera!

By aimee l

Jun 18, 2021

This course offers flexible time schedule with professional resources. With the guide and the micro structure time, the courses provide the scaffolding approaches . The course really worth the every time .

By Kelsey M

The content of the course is great, but the peer reviewed assignments are lacking as it seems that many who are enrolled in the course do not understand the questions or the answers that they are reviewing.

By Olivier G

Apr 3, 2017

Great ! The animation of the course is punchy and highly participative (lot of peer graded assignments), the contents are of high level - and Dave is driving the course with enthousiasm and joy

I recommend !

By CHRISPINUS S

Jun 30, 2020

The best course on teaching character. The character lessons are to be integrated into the syllabus such that no extra time is required. I recommend it to all teachers. Your class will never be the same.

By Giulio M

A very interesting course not only for teachers but for anyone working in professions aimed at personal growth of children and young people. The course allows you to improve your relationship with them.

By MUSTAFA

Jan 27, 2016

I have learned a lot of things from this course. I definitely suggest you take this course and apply your class. When you are done with the course, you will discover yourself and your students one more.

By Lisa M

Jan 6, 2019

By Tony J

Nov 29, 2020

Thank you for a very informative and well-paced course that is able to be to put into use immediately. I highly recommend this for all teachers, coaches and individuals who work with young people.

By Lilas C

Dec 7, 2020

Absolutely incredible and extremely helpful! I love how it has realistic approaches to dealing with children! Parents and teachers HAVE to take this course! Thank you Coursera and thank you Dave!

By NAN V

May 5, 2022

If you take time and go through all the contents, you will get in depth knowledge, techniques, and strategies to apply in teaching and creating positive classrooms which is really useful.

By Ivy B

Jul 12, 2020

I would recommend this course to everyone who desire to impact children. This course leaves you with immediate ways to apply what was learned in the classroom to every day interaction.

By Poorvi A G

Dec 2, 2019

This is a beneficial course specially those who are in the field of education and psychology. It has helped me to groom myself with respect to various aspects of behaviour and teaching

By kalyani g

Apr 21, 2016

Loved learning every information provided in this course. A course must for all the educators ,trainers,teachers ,parents and all who believe in bringing change in this modern world.

By Gertruida J C V

Aug 22, 2017

This is such a practically useful course, that has really helped me in the classroom - regardless of the age of the child! Thank you to all those who made this course possible!

By PureGrace O

Jul 2, 2020

Wow! This course was interesting from the beginning to the end. It will help you understand how to change your classroom to a positive, happy and enabling place for learning.

By Johannah W

Oct 4, 2016

I absolutely loved this course and have recommended it to many teachers and other humans too! Great information given in a meaningful but manageable way. Highly recommend it!

By K R

Jan 6, 2020

I enjoyed during the course. I learnt a important aspect of classroom i.e knowing and appreciating character strength of students. I will practice this to motivate students.

By Elena C N D

Aug 23, 2015

Fun, down-to-earth, with great interviews with awesome researchers! Levin is energetic and he gives very good advice that really help you practice the content in the course.