Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms by Relay Graduate School of Education

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

LM

Jan 5, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

C

Jun 4, 2020

This is a very comprehensive course and all the sources they use are very concise and educational. I recommend this course to both teachers and parents to strengthen the character of their children.

26 - 50 of 256 Reviews for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

By M.A D

Jan 7, 2022

I can't thank Relay GSE and Coursera enough for providing this course! Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms course helped me to enhanced my approach to teaching. I have learned a lot and was able to refreshed my skills as well. It excites me to get back in the classroom and build a more conducive learning environment to my students. Thank you so much!

By Carol A W

Oct 29, 2016

Personally and professionally this is a must have in your portfolio class. Embark on a journey of personal and professional reflection and get ready to change the dynamics in your classroom and homes. Teaching and modeling character is the best thing we can help our children recognize in themselves. I implore you all to take this course...You won't be disappointed!

By Shawn S

Dec 29, 2015

I believe this can be really beneficial in the long run for all classrooms and organisations. It will take lots of work though and much more support in the educational system than what is currently there. But with parents involvement (which is hard to get because so many are busy), communities and states (provinces) involvement it can be done.

Oct 26, 2015

I loved this course. The videos were interesting and easy to follow. The assignments understandable and uncomplicated. The entire course is a course that brings to educator closer to what he needs to be doing: helping to develop productive citizens who like who they are and become the better for it. Thank you Mr. Levin and everyone responsible.

By Laura H

Jul 22, 2019

I loved this course. I learned a ton and it gave me lots to think about as I go into the new school year next month. I am hoping to integrate many of the strategies into my daily routines and lessons. I highly recommend for all teachers of all ages. Character development is critical for all students to succeed.

By Nicola J S

Feb 19, 2019

I want to have positive classrooms and find ways to really introduce supportive and constructive behaviours into the classroom and this course is really helping. I have gone through it quickly once to get the overall idea and now I want to go back and review and practice areas I feel I need the most help.

By Basanti B

May 21, 2019

This course has helped me learn through examples as to how we can use feedback as a powerful tool in our classroom to build character and help student succeed. I also felt the teachers involved were really open minded when they were given certain feedback and how that improved the quality of teaching.

By Ruth L

Mar 13, 2020

I love this course so much.It's my first course learned in the coursera.com.its topic and thinking is my interesting.I chose it because teaching character and creating positive classrooms also are my aim and interest,so it gave me more.the course is very wonderful and meaningful and practiful.

By Carlos F R

Oct 4, 2019

A great way to renew your teaching practice by incorporating positive psychology and learn new theories from experts in education. Case studies from KIPP schools and guidance from KIPP Dave Levin offer you strategies to develop character in your students and help them improve their learning.

By NHI T Y

Jul 28, 2019

I think the content is nice. It provides me with many techniques that I can use to create a positive classroom. Sometimes, the content is so academic that it drives me to boredom. It would be great if more practical activities are added, so that we teachers can make use of them.

By Kreezah B

Oct 18, 2018

It is my first time trying an online course because it(Coursera) was recommended by my college professor. i did not expect that it would be this great. So far, I am enjoying my chosen course. I hope I'll have the chance to avail the certificate. Many things I am learning here.

By Rajausman Y

Jun 23, 2020

This course provides a wonderful opportunity to add character in to your teaching. I have learned a lot from this course. The stuff provided here in form of videos, interviews, reading materials, quizzes and assignments gives a wider platform to add more in to your knowledge.

By Ali M A

This is a great course that has helped me dot my teaching i's cross my t's as it drew my attention to the whole question of character that I was touching on, but never aware of it, or of how to teach it! One thing for sure: my teaching practice will never be the same again.

By Diana

Aug 22, 2020

I is made from many professional educator and you can learn about this subject through their teaching and mock class videos. This course teach how to support students' character and waiting them to find it in variety way. This course have a lot of example(mock class)

By Valar M

Mar 28, 2018

This course gave me insight on different perspective in Classroom Management especially the constructive responses to learners learning. The sessions were interesting including the assignments. As an instructor I refined more in my teaching and learning sessions.

By Oluyemisi O

Feb 17, 2022

I believe taking this course was no mistake for me. I have become deliberate with responding constructively to my students and even to young people around me. The course helped me understand my character strengths and as well understand how to help my students.

By Zane D

Oct 22, 2016

This was a great resource that allowed me to learn from a variety of experts in the field. The video provided real-life situations and I was happy to be able to download the resources provided to tryo out with my students. Thank you for providing this resource.

By Margaret M

Jan 5, 2021

This course is highly useful. I liked the KIPP model presented and learned a lot from the sample cases provided, the excerpts from real classes and micro-moments. I highly recommend it for teachers and basically for anyone interested in growth and advancement.

By Panneer S

Sep 24, 2021

Detailed explanation of all 24 characters and full course plan on how to implement this in day to day life of students by Teachers is the heart of this course. A must for every teacher who want reflects themselves and who always have a care for his student.

By Ayat A B

Apr 8, 2020

It is really a good course that helps in building students' characters, not just their grades! The materials used in this course are very friendly, if I may say. You will never feel bored or overwhelmed by the assignment. It's just like goes with your flow!

By Madappa M B

Jul 20, 2020

A well designed course that takes you on real life content, that lets you explore the construct of positive atmosphere building in your classroom. Enjoyed the course with the exciting assignments and peer comments. Cant wait to explore this at my classroom

By Patricia B

Jun 4, 2020

What a fantastic course! The more we invest in educating loving, capable and happy children the better our world will be! Would love to see our educational system built something starting from within not from without! Well done and thank you so much!!

By Kimberly R

Feb 18, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, and it was nice to interact with other teachers who also believe that character development should have an important place in our classrooms, and be woven into the teaching we do on a daily basis. I feel inspired.

By Tamara

Apr 22, 2020

I enjoyed this course and it influenced my work a lot. I started teaching 3 years ago and I am still eager to learn new things and implement them into my classroom. This course gave me many ideas and I would recommend it to other teachers too!

By Sophia S

Aug 9, 2019

I taught a life skills class for middle school students, and I found this information very helpful in guiding students to demonstrate a positive attitude in their learning and towards life. it also helped me to work on my attitude as well.