Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by doing practice teaching. You will build on your assignments from the previous courses to refine your lesson plans and video-tape yourself presenting the lesson. You will submit a total of ten videos. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....

MT

Sep 17, 2017

Excellent and very instructive learning environment. Very dynamic and interactive platform for peer learning. Instructors were very enthusiastic and very knowledgeable of the subject.

TM

Mar 07, 2017

it was a great experience, and it make me personally aware many new things in teaching that makes me better. thank you all for all this effort and hard working to improve us.

1 - 25 of 96 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2

By Emily L H

Jun 17, 2019

It gets one star because it really does do a great job scaffolding and helping you to create a very well made and valuable profile. However, the time spent waiting for them to process things is entirely unprofessional. After you spend all that time doing the work, and the many hours creating your profile, in a "work at your own pace" course, you are lead to believe that you will then receive your certificate - but no. It takes 4-6 weeks for your profile to be mentor reviewed, and an additional 4-6 weeks to receive your ASU TESOL certificate. This is up to 12 weeks of pure waiting! This is not "work at your own pace." This is "wait up to 3 months to receive the certificates that you and your employer likely need now." They need to be more upfront at the very beginning that there will be such a long wait at the very end. It is highly unprofessional and, in my opinion, unacceptable if they wish to receive a 5-star rating.

By MAURICIO C T

Jun 11, 2019

Fantastic! Very good content, clear, objective and professional. you will really be a very good professional taking this course. I recommend it!

By Imam A S

May 29, 2019

Excellent Course

By Dr. Z A J

Apr 18, 2019

Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2 is an excellent learning experience. I am using much of the information I am learning as a substitute teacher for Middle School and High School learners in the Red Clay School District in Wilmington, Delaware. The work in the Capstone Project 2 is intense although you have previously completed the required work for the project. Assembling the Teaching Portfolio was exciting, yet exhausting because I wanted my work to be correct. Thank you for helping me to complete this portion of the program.

Dr. Zenobia Antoinette James

By Dina H M M

Dec 23, 2016

The course is a helpful final step that incorporates all previous courses and puts them to use. However, it would be better to assign one micro lesson as homework per week, and make only those who have studied previous courses eligible to the capstone. In this case, week 4 would be less loaded. One more thing I would like to mention refers to mentors' review of the work. I would hope mentors can put in some helpful remarks at a prior stage. This is likely to give guidance to learners so that the final teaching portfolio can be better modified based on such feedback. It has been a wonderful learning journey. Thank you!

By Romina C P B

Sep 09, 2019

Takes too long for the experts to review the portfolio and send grade, commnets, certificate.

By Christopher A

Aug 27, 2019

It's very disappointing that the instructors have ZERO interaction with you as a student until the very end, when they grade your portfolio. Then it takes them 6-7 weeks, which is outrageous and would not fly at any real college or university. In effect, it just makes you pay for another month of the course, while you are learning nothing. Then, to get a simple piece of paper with your certificate costs the equivalent of another month of the course. I feel like this is a rip off which effectively quadrupled what i was led to believe the course would cost, at exactly zero added value. I will not use coursera again because of this experience.

By Jane K K

Jan 29, 2019

I am excited to have earned my TESOL Certificates I and II ! This course was exactly what I needed to get started as a volunteer tutor for adults in my community who wish to learn or improve their ability to communicate in English. My students are primarily from Latin America and are very motivated to learn and to be an active part of our central Wisconsin community . I have learned a lot from this course, things like how to make a lesson plan and how to get through to students with various learning challenges. I have studied several approaches to teaching and have formulated my own philosophy of teaching. I have been given a lot of tools and specific advice on teaching that incorporates listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading and writing. I am a much more confident tutor now. Thanks so much Shane and Jessica!!

By Iryna K

Jan 29, 2019

Dear educators! I am really grateful for your genious lectures, for perfectly planned course, for challenging tasks. I did it. I coped with the specialization because you can share knowledge in a wonderful way! "Language is a cake"( TEN. Foundational Principles) and teaching language becomes a piece of cake!

By Anna G

Feb 13, 2019

I say many thanks to all creators of this course! It's invaluable.

By María E L R

Mar 05, 2019

Really complete specialization! I learned a lot from it.

By Larissa C A d S

Mar 07, 2019

Very instructional course. Students can learn a lot from it!

By Fatai J

Mar 20, 2019

This course and all other courses in the ASU Teach English Now specializations are fantastic courses! The instructors are professionals in the field of ELT and the instructional materials are absolutely relevant, making it very easy to understand. The knowledge from the courses have added great value to my career in ELT! It's highly recommended for everyone who wants to start or advance their career in English Language Teaching!

By 利平 L 卢 L

Mar 27, 2019

love it, this may mean a good start for my career, really, thanks a lot!

By Laura E P R

Feb 20, 2019

Great experience

By Marina H

Jul 28, 2018

Masterpieces become easier when we know exactly what we need to do, and deliberately work every day towards finishing them. This course helps us create at our full potential, producing a motivator that’s stronger than any external pat on the back.

By Irina

Jul 12, 2017

Thank you very much for this wonderful course! There are not enough words to express my feelings how far this course is good. I really enjoyed it. I've gained a lot from this course. The team of teachers is great and really professional. I hope to use all those hints that the teachers told me about. I love you! Thank you so much! <3

By Dr. S M H

Jun 03, 2017

Well-designed based on best practices and theory.

By Evelina S

Nov 10, 2017

Thank you for this wonderful course! You are role models and perfect tutors!

By Muhammad Q

Mar 13, 2017

Such a great experience ...

By Luis T

Mar 10, 2018

It's amazingly outstanding!

By Lucas M

Sep 15, 2017

this course covers all the angles and gives a complete picture of what you need to get started as a TESOL teacher

By Laura N F

Dec 20, 2016

Excellent course! Highly recommended.