Back to Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Introduction by Commonwealth Education Trust

The Foundations of Teaching for Learning programme is for anyone who is teaching, or who would like to teach, in any subject and any context - be it at school, at home or in the workplace. With dynamic lessons taught by established and respected professionals from across the Commonwealth, this eight course programme will see you develop and strengthen your skills in teaching, professionalism, assessment, and more. As you carry on through the programme, you will find yourself strengthening not only your skills, but your connection with colleagues across the globe. A professional development opportunity not to be missed. This introductory course considers the three domains of being a teacher: Professional Knowledge and Understanding; Professional Practice; and Professional Values, Relationships and Engagement. Enhance your course by joining the Commonwealth teaching community on our website, Facebook and Twitter....

MG

Oct 04, 2015

Thanks a lot Coursera! Appreciation Commonwealth Education Trust. Thank you dear Professor John MacBeath and everybody contributing to the development and running this wonderful experience for us.

CM

Aug 30, 2017

This course is really useful to new and experienced teachers, instructors from kindergarten to college levels. It brings you to meet yourself in new perspective of teaching and learning context.

1 - 25 of 154 Reviews for Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Introduction

By Louis S

Oct 25, 2018

Such an insightful course on learning should deserve a high recognition for its outstanding resources.

By Judith H

Aug 10, 2016

This course was very boring and very frustrating. Long long slow lectures with lots, and lots, and lots of questions, and no answers. The briefest of comments on potentially interesting people or topics, but no links to enable those to be followed up. Quizzes on concepts not covered in the material. Conflicting descriptions of assessment requirements. Discussion moderators who continually referred you back to the course material which did not contain the information that people were looking for. Before taking this course I could find only one negative review, which I dismissed as probably being a minority. Having taken the course, I agree with that review wholeheartedly. I did learn a couple of things, despite everything, but I would not recommend this course. Please upgrade it substantially.

By Ramani E

Dec 17, 2018

very useful to me

By Folashade O

Oct 25, 2018

Very educative!

By Rosalia M C

Oct 08, 2018

It was very inspiring. I have learned more things about me than never, so now that I’m aware of my deficiencies, I’ll work to improve them and be the best of myself.

By Hindun Z

Oct 27, 2018

this is the great course. thank you to our lecturer

By Alena S

Jul 09, 2018

Very good and I would say "Inspiring" course despite the quality of the video.

By Wilson O

Jul 05, 2018

It has been a rewarding experience to have learnt the important concepts of teaching and learning in a very simple way. it could not have been any better. One concept that stood out now that i will try to implore in my teaching is the connect, extend, challenge. Good job Prof. MacBeath. I Highly recomend esp. to new teachers or people with no background in teaching.

By Valery F

Jun 23, 2018

Very encompassing introductory course. Great starting point

By Bhargavi

May 24, 2019

I've enjoyed and learnt all the related techniques to improve my professional capabilities as a teacher. Thanks alot

By Siyad A E

Aug 23, 2018

Very, wonder piece of knowledge

By Sweta S

Jun 13, 2018

It was great learning experience, specially for an educator, who is from corporate background and didn't have the formal teaching experience.

By José d J C T

Jun 13, 2019

Excellent!

By Faysal A M

Jun 13, 2018

This course challenges you and you will become a better teacher.

By Chunhua H

May 15, 2019

I enjoyed learning this course, including Professor Macbeth's philosophical lectures and the teaching stories from every corner of the world. There are certainly new knowledge and theories you could learn from the course, but what's more important is to reflect on your own, to dive into what you already have known. Good luck!!

By Ashok G I

Sep 30, 2018

This certification is the starting point of understanding in-depth, the foundations of teaching and learning and it has been a great start

By arzu

Apr 07, 2018

This course is really amazing. it gives you confidently how to get at the process of learning and teaching in the classroom. Each student is unique and the most important purpose is to encourage the student to find out his ability with joyful teaching ways.

By Ratnadeepsinh J

Aug 28, 2018

EXCELLENT........

By Usha S

Nov 23, 2018

I started the course with a little misgiving as I was not a teacher in a typical classroom setting and many of the assignments were interactions with 'colleagues'! As i completed the course it gave me the confidence to teach children/adults, which I have been planning. The course has given me the foundation for a teaching for learning programs. It has in fact opened up my thinking about life a lot more!

By MD I A T

Aug 28, 2018

A

By Amit T

Oct 02, 2016

This course is very interesting . It provides clarity on fundamental questions about learning. Must watch for teach

By Juanjo R C

Apr 14, 2017

Está muy bien, te hace reflexionar y cuestionar ciertas cosas cuando estás frente a las clases de los alumnos.

By Mithilesh K T

Feb 15, 2016

The only course as self development for teachers which eventually shows the right direction to the coming generation to make the world a better place or space to live in.