Back to Types of Conflict

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Types of Conflict by University of California, Irvine

4.4

Conflict is everywhere and it is impossible to avoid conflicting viewpoints. However, not all conflict is bad, nor is it inherently negative. How conflict is handled makes all the difference. It is through proper identification and understanding of conflict that allows for effective resolutions, some of which may yield positive outcomes. In this course, we will examine the different types of conflict, how to understand and embrace the positive aspects of conflict, and how to successfully navigate conflict to positive resolution. This course presents the material though video lessons, case studies, and interviews. In each module students will be presented with in-video quiz questions to test their understanding. To further their mastery of the content students will also be asked to complete two peer reviewed assignments. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the different types of conflict 2. Illustrate the positive aspects of conflict 3. Provide examples of positive ways to deal with conflict...

DC

Sep 07, 2019

Understanding the types of conflict will allow for clearer directions on resolution to said conflicts. Understanding that conflict can allow growth of a team is helpful in one's everyday business.

FS

Sep 25, 2016

This course was fun and fits into real world experiences. I was able to use common sense along with the course material. Nalja speaks very clear and easy to follow.

1 - 25 of 157 Reviews for Types of Conflict

By Alejandra P A

Sep 14, 2017

Great course! Simple enough to understand the concepts you are given and the examples, I am very happy to have made the decision to study it. I think the only thing missing is that you should provide some reading material, because not all the books you put reference to are on Internet. Thank you for giving me valueble insight.

Aug 16, 2018

Very basic, a bit of a disappointment with how little effort is needed for this class

By Hamza Y

Oct 20, 2018

Great course. Would be good if more reading materials were added! Thank you!

By Mohammad H

Nov 17, 2015

Effective but could be more detailed.

By Laura G

Oct 09, 2017

I found the content of this course not very useful in real life application. It is mainly theory based and the content is very high level, without entering into details that can actually be useful in a real context.

I found particularly relevant the case studies where the experts were interviewed as they provided real life examples, but for the rest I think it's knowledge that can easily be acquired reading a book on conflict resolution on a very basic level. I also appreciated the peer reviewed assignments but again, found them too superficial.

By Zeyar O

Oct 17, 2016

Thank you so much for organizing this course. I learned a lot in a few days and tried to reflect on what I did in the past and tried to analyze the problems in an organization I know here to understand what went wrong and what they could have done otherwise to avoid internal conflicts that led to a high turn over rate. Thanks again for I learned so much.

By Mayrine F

Feb 03, 2018

This series of courses have been invaluable to me in my work! I work with elderly, and if you have ever done this, you know they are argumentative, unsatisfied, most are sickly, and there is constant confusion and conflict going on!! This has helped me learn how to deal with their many, many complaints and arguments.

By Pitet a

Feb 14, 2020

I really appreciated the way of teaching of Mrs. Najla DeBow. The courses are well structured and clearly explained. I was thus able to deepen my knowledge in the typology of conflicts and apply these concepts to my professional and personal life.

By Yury F V

Jul 09, 2016

Este curso que faz parte dos módulos de cursos integrados está servindo de atual conhecimento a cerca dos conflitos, venho a aprender muito com ele. Parabéns aos professores e aos realizadores deste incrível projeto.

By Ngozi V O

Feb 25, 2016

A great course that equips you to manage a conflict filled world with ease, bringing people, organizations and nations together to live and operate in peace, harmony and good understanding for greater achievement.

By Alexandra M

Mar 19, 2018

I really liked this course. I think it is very useful and productive to understand more deeply how to lead a conflict and which are the most appropriate tools to manage different types of conflicts.

By Dr. J C

Sep 07, 2019

By Faye V S

Sep 25, 2016

By Luis M L B

Nov 14, 2016

Very good course a lot to learn specially with the globalization and working with different cultures is a really with tool for personal and company improvement.

By Dario

Mar 08, 2016

It gave the algorithm to address a conflict, professionally. Concepts are common sense, mostly but the combination and how to use them is provided in here.

By ALBERT S T G

Dec 15, 2018

To be honest, it was amazing experience. The instructor was perfectly awesome. I love it to much and I really appreciated.

Thank you for wonderful job.

By Raj H

Jun 26, 2016

Good, to the point. Quick and easy tools to identify the sources and types of conflict and the tools you can use to successfully resolve conflict.

By Catherine M

Feb 13, 2017

Loved it! It really broke down the understanding of conflict in lovely bite sizes. I can't wait to start the 2nd course in the specialization!

By Salem A S

Dec 01, 2017

Excellent course and very beneficiary to all type of people to solve self conflicts, work conflicts and many others. I advice to enroll

By Emilie S

Sep 10, 2019

Great course to gain awareness of thee dynamics in conflict situations. Which is a first step to resolving the conflicts.

By Jorge R

Mar 31, 2020

Excelente, este curso me ha ofrecido herramientas para llevar a una positiva resolución los conflictos diarios de vida.

By Quazi A H

May 06, 2018

The course will make someone educated to deal with conflict situation either professional or personal life.

By Shubashish N

Jul 31, 2020

Great learning about conflict and its way of handling hope will get more learning from upcoming courses

By Fitri D

Apr 29, 2020

It's easy to take the course with a comprehensive understandjng and good explanation from lecture

By Mirtha J G

Jan 31, 2020

Great introductory course. Format and content kept us interested and moving at a good pace.