Back to Urban Nature: Connecting Cities, Nature and Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Urban Nature: Connecting Cities, Nature and Innovation by Lund University

How can nature help us design and build our cities? Nature-based solutions have the potential to provide multiple benefits across a range of sustainability challenges facing cities. They can help to limit the impacts of climate change, enhance biodiversity and improve environmental quality while contributing to economic activities and social well-being. But what are nature-based solutions? Examples include green roofs and city parks that reduce heat, city lagoons that can store water as well as vegetation and rain gardens to intercept storm water. This course will explore nature-based solutions in cities in Europe and around the world. It will connect together the key themes of nature, cities and innovation. We will discuss how to assess what nature-based solutions can achieve in cities. We will examine how innovation is taking place in cities. And we will analyse the potential of nature-based solutions to help respond to climate change and sustainability challenges. This course combines both technical knowledge and the social sciences to better understand nature-based solutions in a holistic perspective. New governance arrangements, business models and financing, forms of citizen engagement and innovation pathways will be needed to make the promise of nature-based solutions a reality. In this course, we bring together a collection of diverse films and key short readings on nature-based solutions as well as interactive forums and practical assignments to create an online learning community for nature-based solution in an urban world....

AR
Mar 3, 2020

Excellent course I have learned alot about the importance of nature and how nature can be used as a solution for solving urban problems. Great experencie can't wait for the next course.

SE
Feb 17, 2020

Excellent preparation and presentation of course materials, enthusiastic lecturers, good selection of case study and broad perspective on the subject-keep up the good work!

26 - 50 of 101 Reviews for Urban Nature: Connecting Cities, Nature and Innovation

By Efthymia S

Mar 15, 2020

Very interesting and up-to-date information on the latest research and praxis on Nature Based Solutions as a response to urban sustainability! Precious material and very interesting case studies! Hope to see more like this course on urban response to climate change!!

By Guilherme B

Jun 2, 2020

Very in-depth and well-rounded set of lessons and readings. The Week 2 Peer Review Assignment was a nice challenge but could be moved to week 4 in order to help people have a better grasp of all the facets involving NBS. All in all, I would recommend this course.

By Himadri U

Mar 11, 2021

This is a must recommended course for Urban Nature lovers. Here you will learn how to apply Nature Based Solutions in an innovative way. A very interesting course from a great faculty. You will learn a lot as well as throughly enjoy the learning. Just go for it.

By Ayoka M

Oct 8, 2020

excellent course that challeged me a bit, but I enjoyed it thouroughly and cannot wait to implement what I learned. I want to thank all the professors and Naturvation... I say time to do the same in the caribbean as we have our own unique set of challenges.

By Jeanne P

Feb 17, 2021

I found this to be a very engaging and interesting course. It provided many ideas for opportunities for Citizen Engagement and Governance. I plan on being more involved in engaging my community on how to be involved in some small way in Urban Nature.

By Samuele B

Oct 9, 2020

A very detailed study material and case study guide built with the Naturvation Project. If you are interested in Nature Based Solutions and new ways to innovate cities and urban life with nature this course is perfect for you!

By Facundo M A

Feb 16, 2020

Very interesting and educational course. I would have liked to learn more theory and authors of how the NATURVATION project was created, but i understand that it is not the main goal of hte course. Very nice experience!!!

By Michele

May 3, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! It is very informative and provides real examples that are helpful to build a broader image about nature-based solutions and how they are being implemented in some cities around the world.

By LUISA F F R

Jun 10, 2020

Es un excelente curso para comprender las dinámicas en las ciudades y las estrategias para poder integrar la naturaleza dentro de las urbes como herramientas de planificación. Totalmente recomendado!

By Ana M

May 26, 2021

E​l curso es bastante interesante ya que propicia una visión integral de los beneficios de las Soluciones Basadas en la Naturaleza así como múltiples formas de implementarlas en distintos contextos.

By Lorena C

Dec 4, 2020

The course was really cool and interesting, I learnt a lot about new methods to apply in my designs for new urban constructions. The ideas that the course brought to my mind were exceptional.

By Elena W

Oct 19, 2020

Incredibly informative and comprehensive course. Not only an introduction to NBS but provides ideas and vision for moving forward. Wonderful course and highly recommend.

By 艳舞贾

Mar 17, 2020

Great course and amazing speakers! What you are sharing here is super meaningful, and I would like to know more about NBU and make my efforts if it is possible. Thanks!

By Florencia J

Aug 31, 2020

A wonderful course for everyone who is interested in green-architecture. I really enjoyed to be part of this knowledge that provides me more tools to my career.

By Boris R

Aug 16, 2020

An Interesting Approach related to to this tactical action that help you to understand how we can turn our cities in resilient and sustainable places.

By Susana E

Mar 27, 2021

Thank you very much for providing a course that gathers innovative issues to consider for the planning and implementation of Nature-Based Solutions.

By Jackie M

Oct 11, 2020

I really enjoyed the variety of the information delivery, and the examples in the atlas and compendium were very useful. Thank you - great course!

By Oscar S R P

Mar 6, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much and hope I can use this experience to my city and share with my colleagues and neighbours. Thanks very much for it

By Ricardo R A

Mar 21, 2021

The content is prevailing and relevant, specially for authorities or parties aiming to mainstream the implementation of Nature Based Solutions.

By Lei Z

Sep 5, 2020

It is an inspiring course, I've learned new things about nature-based solutions, especially from business models and innovation pathways.

By Lachlan A

Oct 7, 2020

The course contained a fantastic array of free resources and supported the learner diligently through the knowledge building process.

By Ganesan S

Oct 5, 2020

Excellent overview of nature based solutions and what is involved in achieving it in a scaled manner, for adapting to climate change

By K.Harshitha

Apr 19, 2020

I liked the course, its easy to understand and i learnt many new insights of how around the world urban nature is taken care of.

By Daria G

Feb 26, 2020

Really enjoyed it and I learned so much. Thank you Lund University, especially to Kes McCormick for creating the publication.

By Angela H

Sep 7, 2020

Excellent course with really good insights into nature based solutions based on evidence and research in this growing field.