Back to Urban Nature: Connecting Cities, Nature and Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Urban Nature: Connecting Cities, Nature and Innovation by Lund University

How can nature help us design and build our cities? Nature-based solutions have the potential to provide multiple benefits across a range of sustainability challenges facing cities. They can help to limit the impacts of climate change, enhance biodiversity and improve environmental quality while contributing to economic activities and social well-being. But what are nature-based solutions? Examples include green roofs and city parks that reduce heat, city lagoons that can store water as well as vegetation and rain gardens to intercept storm water. This course will explore nature-based solutions in cities in Europe and around the world. It will connect together the key themes of nature, cities and innovation. We will discuss how to assess what nature-based solutions can achieve in cities. We will examine how innovation is taking place in cities. And we will analyse the potential of nature-based solutions to help respond to climate change and sustainability challenges. This course combines both technical knowledge and the social sciences to better understand nature-based solutions in a holistic perspective. New governance arrangements, business models and financing, forms of citizen engagement and innovation pathways will be needed to make the promise of nature-based solutions a reality. In this course, we bring together a collection of diverse films and key short readings on nature-based solutions as well as interactive forums and practical assignments to create an online learning community for nature-based solution in an urban world....

AR
Mar 3, 2020

Excellent course I have learned alot about the importance of nature and how nature can be used as a solution for solving urban problems. Great experencie can't wait for the next course.

SE
Feb 17, 2020

Excellent preparation and presentation of course materials, enthusiastic lecturers, good selection of case study and broad perspective on the subject-keep up the good work!

26 - 50 of 67 Reviews for Urban Nature: Connecting Cities, Nature and Innovation

By Elena W

Oct 19, 2020

Incredibly informative and comprehensive course. Not only an introduction to NBS but provides ideas and vision for moving forward. Wonderful course and highly recommend.

By JIA Y

Mar 17, 2020

Great course and amazing speakers! What you are sharing here is super meaningful, and I would like to know more about NBU and make my efforts if it is possible. Thanks!

By Florencia J

Aug 31, 2020

A wonderful course for everyone who is interested in green-architecture. I really enjoyed to be part of this knowledge that provides me more tools to my career.

By Boris R

Aug 16, 2020

An Interesting Approach related to to this tactical action that help you to understand how we can turn our cities in resilient and sustainable places.

By Jackie M

Oct 11, 2020

I really enjoyed the variety of the information delivery, and the examples in the atlas and compendium were very useful. Thank you - great course!

By Oscar S R P

Mar 6, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much and hope I can use this experience to my city and share with my colleagues and neighbours. Thanks very much for it

By Lei Z

Sep 5, 2020

It is an inspiring course, I've learned new things about nature-based solutions, especially from business models and innovation pathways.

By Lachlan A

Oct 7, 2020

The course contained a fantastic array of free resources and supported the learner diligently through the knowledge building process.

By Ganesan S

Oct 5, 2020

Excellent overview of nature based solutions and what is involved in achieving it in a scaled manner, for adapting to climate change

By K.Harshitha

Apr 19, 2020

I liked the course, its easy to understand and i learnt many new insights of how around the world urban nature is taken care of.

By Daria G

Feb 26, 2020

Really enjoyed it and I learned so much. Thank you Lund University, especially to Kes McCormick for creating the publication.

By Angela H

Sep 7, 2020

Excellent course with really good insights into nature based solutions based on evidence and research in this growing field.

By Chad K

Mar 8, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! I learned a lot of different ways I can help my city to grow in the right direction.

By Цветкова Н В

Jun 11, 2020

Very interesting course. I learned a lot of new information. Thank you to the teachers and staff for quality course.

By Osama M E o

Apr 9, 2020

it was great opportunity to achieve and take this course. it was valuable course with rich information in my career

By Aditi B I

Helped me understand the methodology and planning associated with applying Nature-Based solutions to Cities!

By Dragan D M

Feb 26, 2020

Great course for ppl interestend in NBS for sustainable and resilient urban future! Thanks for everything.

By Peter H

Sep 10, 2020

Really interesting and helped my knowledge in this area so much! Thanks!

By Willy M

Oct 10, 2020

A great and applicable course to our day to day lives

By Mahla T N

Apr 24, 2020

That was so helpful. Thank you Lund university.

By SWATI S

A Very informative and knowledgeble course

By Efrén A

Apr 17, 2020

Amazing course!

By Laoise D

Jun 5, 2020

I enjoyed this course, especially the readings that provided different case studies showing how nature-based solutions are being implemented in cities around the world. I would have loved some information about how as a student I could tangibly make a real difference in the field of nature-based solutions. Personally, I would welcome more information on organisations that are expanding / researching nature-based solutions with some suggestions of how to get involved. I feel much more informed about this topic but still feel as if there is a gap between my knowledge and the practical skills I would need to progress in this area.