Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

826 - 850 of 904 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Aslı S

Jul 31, 2019

It is inspiring and makes you question the way you process your ideas. I found materials very useful and practical. Anyone can enroll and finish this course.

By Matthias L

Aug 02, 2019

Was a great course. Only remark that some presentations from the lessons are not available in the Downloads.

By Rachana P

Aug 01, 2019

The course is very good to understands basics of design thinking and shared details around the tools. The tools can be explained through couple of more examples

By Luis E L A

Aug 07, 2019

Great course to understand the basics, I would like it to have deepen into the tools available for the workshops but it was a good start.

By Dhairya A

Jun 01, 2019

I wanted the course to be more practical and learning oriented. Overall course and the faculty were great. The visiting teachers who taught about the tools were outstanding. Hope that the lessons learnt come handy in future.

By suren

May 17, 2019

More examples would have been better.

Some of the concepts were hard to internalize hence simplistic examples with visualization would have helped better.

Overall a great learning. Thanks

By GANESAN K

Jun 04, 2019

nice training

By JUNYOUNGYOO

Aug 10, 2019

was good to learn practical cases

By Casey N

Aug 16, 2019

Great course, but you get out of it what you put into it. I thought it was a very good introduction to the concepts, principles, and basic tools.

By PATRICE B

Aug 28, 2019

MOOC très intéressant

By Rob K

Jul 01, 2019

It was a nice overview to Design Thinking, with 3 or 4 practical and diverse examples of application. The course used a consistent framework for reference throughout. I also enjoyed the different options for learning - from video lectures, different lecturers, reading materials and final assignment. To improve, the course could have been more challenging by asking more specific questions (in the assignment) that require deeper research and critical thinking (i'm not sure I deserve a certificate at the end, but will take it!). Overall positive experience.

By Omar A F

Jul 04, 2019

It´s a wonderful course, that everyone can ap

By Alberto G G

Jul 05, 2019

I enjoy the course. Not the final asignment, I would prefer a test of concepts, since I am not using design thinking jet and I dont have the political power in my organization to make a proposal and use it, so there is no challange I can adress jet to complete the course. However the explications of Liedtka were clear and well organized. Thanks!

By yaser a m s a

Jul 14, 2019

it was memorable moments during this course

By Venkata R

Jul 15, 2019

Excellent course

By Ramamurthy N M

Sep 06, 2019

useful training

By Rakesh S

Sep 11, 2019

Pretty good lectures. I would improve by providing more typical example templates that were used prior so we could use them for our real-time problems.

By Alex C

May 27, 2019

Excellent course to dive into design thinking.

By Mahshid Z

Sep 19, 2019

Almost anyone is sure to benefit from adopting a design thinking mindset and this course illustrates the discipline and how it works beautifully. I'd say if the concept sounds new to you, definitely enroll. However, take into consideration that it is mostly theoretical and there's only one assignment at the end of the course, which is also pear-reviewed. This means you're going to have little chance of practicing what you've learned and receiving enough and legit feedback. Having said that, the assignment and reviewing others' works was a challenging thought experiment and learning opportunity.

By Yogesh G K

Sep 25, 2019

Good Course ! I liked the way instructor has provided the instructions along with the presentation. The only reason why It's 4 start, that I was looking for some training material to download :)

By Oliver H

Sep 27, 2019

Very good starting point into Design Thinking!

By Marianne D

Oct 03, 2019

I really enjoyed this course.

By Vijai A M

Oct 06, 2019

Course provides a good overview of design thinking and introduction to different tools that are used across the process. Would be great if there was more teaching on how to use the tools.

By Alessandro G

Oct 16, 2019

Good course, inspirational. Even if it's just an overview of design thinking and a very basic course i would have appreciated some further explanation about the tools used e some practical exercise to do in the meanwhile