Back to Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs by Google

Design a User Experience for Social Good and Prepare for Jobs is the seventh and final course in a program that will equip you with the skills you need to become an entry-level UX designer. In this course, you will design a dedicated mobile app and a responsive website focused on social good. You will showcase all that you’ve learned during the certificate program to complete the design process from beginning to end: empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes and prototypes, and testing designs to get feedback. By the end of this course, you will have a new cross-platform design project to include in your professional UX portfolio. This course will also prepare you to land your first job as a UX designer. You’ll learn how to interview for entry-level UX design positions. You’ll get tips from Googlers based on their own interview experiences and their unique perspectives as hiring managers. And, you’ll polish the professional UX portfolio you’ve been building throughout the program so that it’s ready for job applications. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Apply each step of the UX design process (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create designs focused on social good. - Identify the differences between dedicated mobile apps and responsive web apps. - Understand progressive enhancement and graceful degradation approaches for designing across devices. - Build wireframes, mockups, and low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes in Figma or Adobe XD. - Add a new design project to your professional UX portfolio. - Prepare your portfolio of design work for job applications. - Interview for an entry-level UX design job. - Determine if freelance design work is a good career fit for you. This course is suitable for beginner-level UX designers who have completed the previous six courses of the Google UX Design Certificate....

AS
Jun 13, 2021

The course was great, with detailed explanation and a lot of examples. The assessments and quizzes were very helpful. My experience with this course was really awesome.

M
May 13, 2021

Huge thanks to mentors team - great job on sharing the knowledge in such a structured way. I wish I had this 10 years ago =)

1 - 21 of 21 Reviews for Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs

By Mohammad H

Apr 8, 2021

I would say this last course was just repeating the other courses, so it was very unnecessary. Just the job search section was new.

By Sankha W

Jun 16, 2021

First thanks for the amazing people who taught us throughout the course. It was great and I love how you folks more focused on accessibility since that's something we designers should learn.

I have a suggestion. Add more contents on psychology and laws of UX

By Josh Y

Jul 17, 2021

I have completed the Google UX certificate, but so far I have either just gotten rejection notices or heard nothing back from jobs I've applied to. I think the course is good if you already work in UX/ have a back ground in something design related, but if you have no experience in UX design, this certificate will not help you out that much.

By ARITRO K S

Jun 14, 2021

By Myroslav G

May 14, 2021

By Alberto D

Apr 13, 2021

Very hard but awarding course

By Paragahakotuwe M C N K

Jun 19, 2021

L​earned a lot.Such a great learning proccess.Well structured course from goodle.The indstructors are the best instructors I have met in my entire life.Informations and resources are on to the point.Thank you Google for making a course like this.I can reccomend this programme for anyone who would like to learn UX design and put a great foundational knowledge on UX desing.

By Chathumi K

Jul 21, 2021

Before I started this specialization, I knew nothing about UX. I haven't had any hands-on experience with Figma or Adobe XD. But now I have fell in love with this UX field.

A HUGE THANKS TO GOOGLE for this wonderful specialization!

By Elvis K

Jul 28, 2021

T​his course was without a doubt an eye opener, I got to learn some new things, quite a lot actually as to how to prepare for interviews when applying for an entry level UX design position, this course is rich indeed.

By Md M U

Jun 14, 2021

😍😍A​mazing course for beginner. Learning was a lot. Thanks goole for this amazing course. 😍😍

By Veronique M

Jul 8, 2021

great course. I could add another pice to my portfolio.

By Bethel A

Apr 26, 2021

Great course with great people from great brand.

By Olusoji S T

Jul 26, 2021

I can't wait to register for another course

By Monika M

May 18, 2021

great course very intense !

By nuwan c p

Apr 15, 2021

Great!

By Minaketan O

Jul 22, 2021

G​reat primer for the last course in this month long journey. Out of the 5 weeks, 4 were a repeat of the course we were taught already so it was just a quick reminder, which I feel could have been brought down less. Other than that the last week was a great insight into the industry and preparations for job hunt. Great instructors and I love each one of them and the valuable lessons they taught me. Great job everyone.

By Mukul C

Jul 8, 2021

it was great experience, learned alot

By Kushal A

Jul 1, 2021

every good course

By Neha J

Jul 24, 2021

I​ wish they helped us create a better website for our portfolio