Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs by Google
About the Course
Design a User Experience for Social Good and Prepare for Jobs is the seventh and final course in a program that will equip you with the skills you need to become an entry-level UX designer. In this course, you will design a dedicated mobile app and a responsive website focused on social good. You will showcase all that you’ve learned during the certificate program to complete the design process from beginning to end: empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes and prototypes, and testing designs to get feedback. By the end of this course, you will have a new cross-platform design project to include in your professional UX portfolio.
This course will also prepare you to land your first job as a UX designer. You’ll learn how to interview for entry-level UX design positions. You’ll get tips from Googlers based on their own interview experiences and their unique perspectives as hiring managers. And, you’ll polish the professional UX portfolio you’ve been building throughout the program so that it’s ready for job applications.
Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply each step of the UX design process (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create designs focused on social good.
- Identify the differences between dedicated mobile apps and responsive web apps.
- Understand progressive enhancement and graceful degradation approaches for designing across devices.
- Build wireframes, mockups, and low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes in Figma or Adobe XD.
- Add a new design project to your professional UX portfolio.
- Prepare your portfolio of design work for job applications.
- Interview for an entry-level UX design job.
- Determine if freelance design work is a good career fit for you.
This course is suitable for beginner-level UX designers who have completed the previous six courses of the Google UX Design Certificate....
1 - 3 of 3 Reviews for Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs
By Alberto D
Apr 13, 2021
Very hard but awarding course
By Bharat v
Apr 15, 2021
By Mohammad H
Apr 8, 2021
I would say this last course was just repeating the other courses, so it was very unnecessary. Just the job search section was new.