Back to Introduction to Corporate Finance

Introduction to Corporate Finance, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

This course provides a brief introduction to the fundamentals of finance, emphasizing their application to a wide variety of real-world situations spanning personal finance, corporate decision-making, and financial intermediation. Key concepts and applications include: time value of money, risk-return tradeoff, cost of capital, interest rates, retirement savings, mortgage financing, auto leasing, capital budgeting, asset valuation, discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, net present value, internal rate of return, hurdle rate, payback period....

By LL

Oct 22, 2016

The professor is very patient, he spends a lot of time making sense of the equations and the calculation process, which helps me comprehend the concepts and their application really a lot. Thank you!

By KK

Jan 04, 2016

Having spent the most of my 20 year career full time in corporate finance i was pleasantly surprised to have new perspectives and takeaway points on key aspects on the subject. Highly recommended

468 Reviews

By Ying Zhou (Ada)

Jan 13, 2019

An eye-opening course. I won't never even to calculate my money without thinking about the Time Value :)

By Paola Fda Ruiz Benhumea

Jan 13, 2019

Me gusto mucho el curso, esta bien explicado, pero me gustaria que tuviera mas ejemplos dentro de la leccion porque a la hora de hacer el examen no tenia nada que ver y fue donde tuve muchas dificultades, ademas en los examenes no podias ver las respuestas correctas entonces no sabes ni en que te equivocaste.

By Nathan

Jan 12, 2019

While the course was informative, I find it lacking in the amount of example problems the instructor solved. Due to the lack of example problems and the unavailability of solutions for the quiz questions, it is difficult to figure out the right way to approach and answer questions.

By Jon Yan Yuen

Jan 12, 2019

Great

By Alberta Naa Ofoley Quaye

Jan 08, 2019

Coursera has made me learn a lot and I say a big thanks for allowing me to study with less problems.

By Blessings Mbisha

Jan 02, 2019

Learnt well from a global university ;)

By Saurabh Kumar Roy

Jan 02, 2019

Very great course especially for those from Non Finance Background.

By Michael Stanton

Dec 21, 2018

Disappointing. Useful and you will learn something but gaps inbetween the lectures and quizzes that are unsatisfying.

By Jayesh Gupta

Dec 16, 2018

I REALLY LOVED THIS COURSE. IN FACT I ASK THE MANAGEMENT TO PLEASE COME UP WITH MORE ADVANCED COURSES IN THIS AREA.

ALSO, I REALLY LIKED THE WAY THE FACULTY HAS EXPLAINED THE CONCEPT. CHEERS!

By Michael B Fenn, PhD

Dec 06, 2018

Please find a way to post the quiz answers. As a professor of engineering myself, I understand cheating is practiced among students, but to try to prevent it at the cost of the mostly other, honest students' learning experience is unfair.

There needs to be more explanation of how to input values correctly into the blanks on the quizzes. I believe I had most all of the answers correct, however those I did not receive credit for were likely mostly due to error in numerical format.