Back to FinTech: Foundations, Payments, and Regulations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for FinTech: Foundations, Payments, and Regulations by University of Pennsylvania

In this course, you’ll learn the key components of modern-day investment strategies which utilize fintech. Professors Natasha Sarin and Chris Geczy of the Wharton School have designed this course to help you understand the complex structure of payment methods and financial regulations, so you can determine how fintech plays a role in the future of investing. Through analysis of robo-advising and changing demographic forces, you’ll learn how basic elements of trust underlie complex choice architecture in investments and impact investing. You’ll also explore payment methodologies and how fintech is emerging as an entrepreneurial solution to both investments and payment systems. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to identify different financial technologies, and understand the dynamic between the innovations and regulations, and employ best practices in developing a fintech strategy for yourself or your business. No prerequisites are required for this course, although a basic understanding of credit cards and other payment methods is helpful....

CH

Jun 22, 2019

This is a solid introductory of FinTech knowledge. I'm glad that I learned from the Masters on the trend, foundations, backing up by market-driven statistics that succesfully acco

PP

Jun 29, 2019

Very useful dive into what fintech is and is not, the potential benefits globally, the potential risks, and the challenges of regulation within countries and between countires

26 - 50 of 77 Reviews for FinTech: Foundations, Payments, and Regulations

By Nikhil J

Jul 30, 2019

I really enjoyed the course strucutre but felt like it's similar to FinTech Law and Policy from Duke University. Still a great course to get into financial service sector specially in evolution of payment industry and how different regulation works in different countries.

By ARVIND K S

Aug 01, 2019

It was a wonderful introduction to Fintech in all its aspects-innovative, regulatory, and all-expansive. The lectures gave a glimpse of how fintechs can be disruptive if the traditional financial behemoths don't improve and innovate, as also the enormous benefits to enjoy from the efficient deployment of their wonderful products.

By Muyanja S Z

Aug 02, 2019

Very informative course for those keen to learn about drivers, developments and trajectory of FINTECH revolution and the impact it is having on society!!

By Cedric W B

Aug 04, 2019

Amazing lecturers, I have learnt a lot with this session

By Tope A

Aug 03, 2019

The content was good and very specific to the subject matter.

By Rolando M

Aug 05, 2019

A great introduction to Financial Technology!! I learned a lot!!

By Nguyen T T

Aug 08, 2019

Very good foundation Knowledge!!!!!

By Ian K I

Aug 08, 2019

The course is highly educative. I have a greater understanding of what FinTech is and the regulations behind it.

By Rachael E

Aug 12, 2019

I'll start by sayign that I took this course after 2 years away from a desk due to a stroke and my goal was to refresh and to see what I can and cannot still do. It achieved those objectives. Will it help me return to my career? I don't know yet but it's given me mroe confidence that the skills I've retained are still relevant.

Some of the material wasn't new to me but I've been in the finance industry for so long, way too long but there was some great content that made me re-evaluate my position.

I'm a product designer in alternative financial products and I'd never given much thought to the millenial perspective, until now. Understanding the shift in focus is critical for the future.

If you take a short course and come away having learnt something new that you can apply, then the course is a success. It did so for me.

By Gayathrisai C

Aug 15, 2019

This was exactly the course I was looking for to get an overview of the FinTech sector.

By Utkarsh D

Aug 16, 2019

Great explanation to how FinTech will affect the traditional financial industry in the coming years. Having not heard of RegTech before, and lacked knowledge of regulatory responses in the card markets, I can definitely say that I have gained a much more well rounded understanding of FinTech, its history, its challenges, and its future.

By Angela P

Aug 20, 2019

A great capsule of information about 'fintech'.

As a well-informed and active participant in the FinTech sector, I found the content and perspective regarding payments and regulation to be particularly concise and relevant. A supplemental - and complementary - theme to consider incorporating into the regulatory slides might be the potential limitations( (regarding accountability, governance and continuity) of private versus public companies (and investors)...

By Rhema B D P

Aug 23, 2019

I love the curriculum, it provided the foundation to know how financial services started, currently operates and how it's relevance to FIntech and innovation.

By Elaine K

Aug 26, 2019

Excellent introductory course with a good amount of examples to explain the points the lecturers made.

By Sujay

Aug 25, 2019

Awesome course that summarized the FinTech space pretty well. Learned so many new things.

By Dipankar R

Aug 25, 2019

Interesting and thought provoking lectures.

By Joi M K

Jul 03, 2019

This course is extremely simple to follow and a great introduction to FinTech for novice learners.

By RAVIPUDI S R

Jul 03, 2019

Excellent material and Great teaching

By Gopalakrishnan

Jul 05, 2019

Well explained with clear examples across geographies

By Srinivasan K

Jul 05, 2019

The best course on FinTech landscape, great coverage on Fintech Sandbox and the faculty knowledge is so credible through their delivery depth. I do strongly recommend this course to all high-aspirants want to get into FinTech streams. Thank you very much.

By Cole P

Jul 08, 2019

Informative, and definitely expanded my vision as to how much is taking place right now within FinTech. The topics of discussion are virtually endless.

By David M S

Jul 08, 2019

Outstanding instructors. Clear and concise learning materials. 100% recommended.

By Matthew L

Jul 11, 2019

Very informative primer on FinTech innovations in the context of the financial services industry as a whole.

By Luis F