Back to Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models

Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models, University of Pennsylvania

4.2

About this Course

The simple spreadsheet is one of the most powerful data analysis tools that exists, and it’s available to almost anyone. Major corporations and small businesses alike use spreadsheet models to determine where key measures of their success are now, and where they are likely to be in the future. But in order to get the most out of a spreadsheet, you have the know-how to use it. This course is designed to give you an introduction to basic spreadsheet tools and formulas so that you can begin harness the power of spreadsheets to map the data you have now and to predict the data you may have in the future. Through short, easy-to-follow demonstrations, you’ll learn how to use Excel or Sheets so that you can begin to build models and decision trees in future courses in this Specialization. Basic familiarity with, and access to, Excel or Sheets is required....

By MM

Jun 22, 2017

This course has made me understand cost accounting, has provided a fresh perspective on how to solve some of the challenges i had with management accounting and as a bonus, made me love maths again :)

By BH

Sep 12, 2017

So many tools that I knew existed and have tried to use the How-To's to learn how they work and until the Prof takes you through them one-at-a-time, they never make sense. Great Stuff!

320 Reviews

By Mesa Indra Naiborhu

Feb 19, 2019

I gained more capability in excel and give me a new horizon to use it in my work and makes me want to do research.

By Janice Neoh Chia Wee

Feb 18, 2019

A little more technical compared to the first Course in this Business & Finance Specialization and requires more time to understand the various uses of modelling. Definitely useful if one has intention of mastering Data Analysis and projections.

By Zhongyuan Zhou

Feb 17, 2019

Awesome course!

By Nicholas J Cheek

Feb 10, 2019

Extremely content light. Quizzes are bizarre and basically rely that you go back to the lecture and find the one sentence where a comment was made. There's no interactivity. Really pales in comparison to the first course in the sequence. I really hope this specialization gets better or this will be a SLOG. I expected better from Wharton!

By SIYUAN YAO

Feb 10, 2019

What I have learnt in this course is really useful but I hope I could learn more. Maybe video time could be longer containing more content.

By Joe Melek

Feb 10, 2019

I did not find it as hands on as I would like and found that the answers to the quiz's were not really in the material

By Yoann Dechambenoit

Feb 09, 2019

Videos and Quizzes are great to introductions but modeling small examples on Excel would have helped anchor some notions.

By Sheraz Khan

Feb 08, 2019

Very useful course for business students. The course explains wide range of topics in short period of time. At the same, it was very challenging. Thank you Professor and coursera for this wonderful course.

By abaluodufa

Jan 28, 2019

Very skeletal and slow paced

By Ankur Pandey

Jan 23, 2019

its a great course for finance