Back to Introduction to Marketing

Introduction to Marketing, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

By AT

Dec 03, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

By AT

Jun 09, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

1,149 Reviews

By RACHEL HSU

May 20, 2019

great course

By Monique Bizzell

May 19, 2019

Wow. I learned a tons and am working on applying them to the business I'm building. There are some questions I have and will get answers to later. before starting week 2 I have to read some more materials. I even signed up at Google Scholar Pages for notifications.

By Aashay Zanpure

May 17, 2019

The teachers were very enthusiastic while teaching which made the process of learning more fun!I really love that they covered almost all the aspects of marketing which can be useful..whether you are a beginner or a professional.

By riya soren

May 16, 2019

helpful for me. and learn a lot

By Rochelle L. Bata

May 11, 2019

Practical learnings

By Chaoming Wu

May 08, 2019

very useful. many good ideas help me to improve my selling skill

By Christie Ho

May 06, 2019

Nice lectures, easy to understand and comprehend. Practical knowledThanks to all three professors.

By Sachin Srivastava

May 05, 2019

Amazing Course. It got me interested in Marketing.

By OMOGIATE ITUA AUSTIN

May 03, 2019

This course was amazing. As an undergraduate with limited experience in marketing, this course exposed me and gave me an in-depth understanding of marketing.

By Ashish Patel