Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT

Jun 09, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

MK

Dec 11, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

1 - 25 of 1,252 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Jennifer B

Feb 06, 2017

I really enjoyed Professor Kahn's part of the course, and Professor Bell was good but his subject matter was less interesting to me. Professor Fader was unclear even after repeated viewings.

The biggest problem with the course was the terrible editing. Sentences were cut off in the middle. Instructors would say they would talk about subject X next and the video would end. Mini-quizzes were given before the material was covered, and some questions on the final were never explained. It was clear that the course designer never watched the completed course to check if everything made sense.

Because the organization was so bad, I decided not to complete the specialization. I expected better from an Ivy League school.

By Siddharth G

Jun 02, 2019

damn good

By Ahmed M A E

Dec 07, 2018

Very nice content and dense science!

By Abhishek K

Jul 18, 2016

Profoundly insightful about the Marketing process. I developed a deep respect for the esteemed panel of Professors and their simple approach to explaining and applying complex Marketing concepts.

By 陈浩天

Jul 09, 2019

上完课咋还收钱呢

By Alameen R

Jul 08, 2019

I loved it.

By vikram k

Jul 06, 2019

Very informative.It opened a completely career option for me

By Danish k

Jul 05, 2019

Excellent! Barbara is an excellent teacher, love her style

By Osako O M

Jul 02, 2019

Every topic was well delivered. Thank you all

By Alison Z

Jul 02, 2019

Great intro course to morden marketing concept and mindset.

By Florian, C C

Jun 30, 2019

It was very pleasant to learn about this very new topic for me (with a very engineer background working on Oil platform). I trully enjoyed the energy of each professor and I was constantly looking forward the next lesson. They managed to make this courses very friendly and act as each class was in 101.

Thank you very much dear Professors.

By Han Z

Jun 30, 2019

Really perfect course providing a very first overview of Marketing. As an employee working in Luxury retail domain, this helps me build a basic marketing/business vision. Many thanks to all 3 professors and looking forward to another challenge ! Thank you

By Rimma T

Jun 22, 2019

perfect and great professors

By Diane S

Jun 28, 2019

You need to watch it a couple of times and take really good notes. There are fine lines between a number of the examples and it isn't clear at first. But, as you read it again and understand it, the answer becomes more clear to you.

By PARAMA B

Jun 27, 2019

I had a wonderful experiencing learning and gaining the basic knowledge of Marketing. I would like to thank each Professor who explained the topics so well and made it even more interesting with the case studies of various companies.

By David P

Jun 25, 2019

Great course! Tons of in depth knowledge and interesting case studies.

By Anand m

Jun 26, 2019

i m feeling glad that warthon offers us a world class knowleadge .

By Jaime M

Jun 24, 2019

High-quality course from a top university offered by top professors.

By Marina

Jun 22, 2019

great course

By suganya m

Dec 14, 2018

very useful , i learned lot of new thinks in market, prodcut .

By Akshay T

Jun 09, 2017

By Case C

Jul 07, 2019

I thought the course was excellent. Some of the reviews complained about the professors... they were all easy to understand. Another complaint I saw was about questions. They were complaining info was introduced after questions, this did not happen in quizzes just in lectures much like when a professor might ask if anyone knows an answer before introducing the idea.

By Shivam M

Jun 30, 2019

Good course. Recommended for learning the basics in marketing.