Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

101 - 125 of 2,120 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

Aug 3, 2020

The course was dense but thorough. The professors taught each module really well, gave really good examples, and also shared case studies and their experiences. I now gained some basic knowledge and skills in marketing and will continue to refer back to this course when needed. Thank you so much Professor Kahn, Professor Fader, Professor Raju, and Wharton School!

By Yiling L

Dec 2, 2018

This course begins with the really fundamentals like what is marketing to customer centric marketing and at last to different marketing techniques. I really got the difference between these terms like customer centric and product centric marketing, and also lots of interesting observations like long tail effect and how Internet is affecting people's behavior.

By Jayalath V

Jun 20, 2020

Highly appreciate Coursera, I learned the fundamental knowledge and principals of marketing, including marketing strategy, branding, tracking and packing etc. they are absolutely helpful for my future learning and working.

It is really awsome meeting the world-leading lecturers at the University of Pennsylvania. I want to thank everyone who made this happen.

By Nicholas K E

May 8, 2020

This course was a great introduction to marketing. I had prior knowledge to marketing from taking Business in high school but this course really went beyond anything I covered. Everything was explained thoroughly and with just the right amount of detail. I especially enjoyed the lectures presented by Professor Kahn, her enthusiasm really rubbed off on me!

By Ahmed M Y I

Dec 1, 2015

I consider this course is a must for anyone who is interested to have a quick and full insight about marketing. Professors are really amazing. It was easy for me to understand marketing fundamentals by watching videos only and without effort. I'm looking forward to finish this course and apply for the next financial accounting fro wharton university too.

By Maria L Z

Apr 16, 2020

I have never studied business and in particular marketing. However i found such classes very useful and easy to understand also for principiants. The professors are easy to listen even if you are not mother tongue. I'm enthusiastic to have started such courses, I think it's the best way to going through this quarantine time. Very grateful for the chance

By Amanda C

Mar 21, 2019

As somebody who is completely new to marketing, this course is incredible at breaking down and explaining the foundations of marketing strategies. Informative and educational, I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in pursuing marketing, seeking a career change, or looking to add another valuable learning experience to their repertoire.

By Heidi W

Sep 11, 2016

In the first week alone, i am already learning so many strategies and principles I can implement in my job (which is for a residential and commercial janitorial service). I am so excited about how the rest of the course is going to help me build my employer's business for her, as she is a minority small business owner. This is incredibly exciting.

By Steven H

Feb 3, 2016

Excellent course - I especially enjoyed the non-classroom, on-site lectures that are naturally more interesting.

I would recommend an update - while the core principles are relevant, the content is now 2-3 years old. I would also appreciate more video links to case studies and real-life interviews with insights into marketing in real-world practice.

By Kunal S

Aug 4, 2020

Most Amazing Course I have ever done in Marketing. I have learnt the various aspects of Marketing from Strach to Detail. Various Real Life Analysis were very Nice which help to have a proper vision and take a total feel of the Course. All the Instructor were really very Nice and their teaching was Excellent. I really enjoyed this Course very Well.

By Marzieh S

Jun 29, 2020

I can't say anything. Just I can say Coursera is amazing. I have loved the learning I have been able to do and look forward to taking many more classes with them. I have always been interested in Marketing and Coursera has given me the chance to take the classes that really interest me. I have never had any problems with them. Thank you Coursera.

By Ulkar J

Feb 1, 2019

It was very interesting and very useful for me. It was first time that I took marketing course and I really liked it and enjoyed during all sessions. I especially thank to all lecturers who shared valuable knowledge with very basic and simple explanations with me. I could not even imagine that marketing is such an interesting area. Thanks a lot.

By Alex

Jun 29, 2020

It is just amazing. Thank you so much for the opportunity to get the best knowledge from the best business school in the world. I want to point out professor Kahn. The courses were especially interesting and exciting. I look forward to confirming receipt of financial assistance for a new course in the specialization of "Business Foundations"

By Girish K

Jun 11, 2017

After completion of this course, I've had pretty good discussions with full-time and part-time MBA professionals and I felt I was decently on par with their knowledge of Marketing. Professor Kahn, Bell and Fader do an excellent job simplifying complex ideas into simple explanations. I have found myself gain a new found love for marketing.

By Carmina F

Aug 8, 2020

It was fun and essential. You'll learn a lot form this course, especially, to those who are new to marketing. It may be applied right away to your small business too. It has strategy, tips, ideas and even psychological aspects in dealing with your customers. Better keep this course and make notes for every important techniques given.

By Naeem F

Jun 12, 2019

Absolutely to the point, concise and succinct. The faculties did a great job of putting across topics clearly and objectively. I would recommend this course especially to working executives to take up this course as the topics covered are quite relevant and this will only help brush up those topics which you already knew.

By Surya K

Sep 24, 2016

I am a CS graduate student with a shallow knowledge on Marketing. I want to something different to think about during dinner time. So, I signed up for this course with no intension of completing and watched all videos in less than a week. The material is so exciting. Thank you Professors for sharing this course for us on Coursera.

By Shaday S

Oct 3, 2016

This was my first Coursera experience, and it was a great choice. The course was jam-packed with information, and I'm still reviewing to further process what I've learned. As an aspiring freelance business owner, I feel like it was an excellent crash course that can help you devise the right marketing strategy for your audience.

By Yash V

Jul 31, 2018

The course provides a basic glimpses of marketing and is very well structured. It starts with the very basics and talks about the continuous changes happening or has has happened and the Professor have been very crisp and to the point in giving details along with relevant examples.

I would surely recommend this course to anyone.

By Suryakant

Aug 23, 2020

Enriching course about how the market works. This course helped in understanding about brand, what it is, how to create one, why it's important. The content taught by Prof. Barbara Kahn, Prof. Peter Feder and Prof. Jagmohan Raju are enriching and uptodate and they give the real pictuture of market through various case studies.

By Luis G A P

Oct 24, 2016

It's a very interesting course, I learned a lot about marketing and now I have a much more broader concept in how to reach the client in terms of new technologies like social media. It's very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone that has no skills in marketing to take it. I would definetely go for the specialization.

By Colleen C

Oct 9, 2019

It appears that it's been 6 years since the course has been uploaded, so I think it would be nice for some of the content to be updated, especially since some of the things they said about certain brands has changed. Overall though, a really informative introductory course. Barbara Kahn is a very clear and concise lecturer.

By Bassam A

Nov 28, 2016

Great course with a lot of relevant information. The material was a fantastic addition to any basic marketing course as there was much insight beyond what you would get from the standard marketing textbook. I would improve the course by including more core concepts such as CLV with the appropriate definitions and formulas.

By Aryaman S

Mar 14, 2021

I found this course to be very informative and well structured. I believe this course should be beneficial for prospective MBA students as they can get well versed with the basics of Marketing, before starting their formal studies in a B-school, and especially so for those who have no business background (as was with me).

By Ajit P

Sep 24, 2017

A good course to learn STP(segmentation, targeting and positioning), customer centricity and branding. Concepts are explained in a concised manner. So many real life examples are presented in this course. I highly recommend this course to learn fundamental marketing concepts and advanced concepts like customer-centricity.